Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #811
catho72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellabully
Good morning everybody! Just wondering if anyone knew when the April Activites Schedule will be posted? Wanted to add a HUGE Thank you to all of you amazing Disers who maintain these threads tirelessly!!! We would all be LOST without your dedication!
April 1.

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 03-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #812
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
I would be shocked if the April 2 discount doesn't come to fruition. The original poster is a CM and was dead-on with the last discount promotion. Good luck to all who need it! Sending pixie dust that everyone gets exactly what they want!

I'm getting excited for our July trip.....we just purchased our park tickets. Saved $400 by purchasing Y.E.S. tickets instead of thru Undercover Tourist. I was even able to get my husband to agree to take the kids to the Y.E.S. class the kids are taking, which means I'll have about 4 hours to myself at WDW!!!! I think I'm more excited about having time to myself over saving $400!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Seems likely as our percentage discount in the UK finishes then, I can't book it at the moment as I'm trying to change my flight dates due to DH's work and getting a dog sitter, I'm travelling on miles so availability is low, if I did book it now there would be charges to make changes.
http://wdtc.disneyinternational.com/...fers.asp?ID=22
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #813
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
That is fantastic news

Congrats!!!!!!
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
Congrats on getting it signed and the paperwork in. Hope Disney passes and in 30 days or so, you are a DVC owner.

By the way, this is my 500th post!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Happy 500th post! And thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebeeryan View Post
Fingers crossed it goes through for you, how exciting!!!
I'm super excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
I know I've already said it on your TR but I'll say it again-really hope it all works out for you
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Thanks Dee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella6599 View Post
Hi, Amanda! When in August will you be at Disney?
The last week of August. We're taking the autotrain so we leave NY on 8/24 but won't arrive in Florida until Sunday morning. We then hop back on the train 8/31 and arrive home 9/1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Fingers crossed for you Amanda!!

~Nannette
Thank you!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 03-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #814
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

I don't know what is making this count down for this trip so hard. It's driving me nuts! We always plan ahead, at least 180 out, if not more. I watch my ticker like its torture!

Even my husband came home yesterday and asked how many days until we leave. I think it's because this is the resort I have always wanted to stay at. I feel like a kid waiting for Xmas morning. April 2012-August 2013 is just to long, never again. I need a disney fix.

Me, DH, DD7, DS3

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013
Old 03-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #815
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Not to rub it in, but...

Our check-in at BCV is in 5 days!!!

Anybody want me to check something out while we're there?

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 03-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #816
ella6599
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post

The last week of August. We're taking the autotrain so we leave NY on 8/24 but won't arrive in Florida until Sunday morning. We then hop back on the train 8/31 and arrive home 9/1.

Amanda
Awww We'll be there the first week in August. I thought maybe we could finally meet up Have a good trip though!
Old 03-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #817
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Hello everyone! Happy Friday!

With our upcoming...no one saw it coming....Yacht Club stay, I have to ask the inevitable question. (God, I hate even asking it)....We have a garden view booked and we of course want to know where the best GV rooms are, and what kind of room request we should make. Daybeds aren't important since there's 2 of us, and I believe we're promised a balcony at YC, so I guess being close to the lobby is what's most important. We like being close to the action.

So, Thoughts?
How close to the lobby? Like first floor close? Or close to an elevator that takes you to the lobby?

YC experts in the know (not me) suggest a wedding gazebo view because it is so pretty. Are these close to an elevator? I think some are.

"Wedding gazebo view, please. (First Floor)/(Upper Floor) if possible. Near elevator/close to lobby access".
Old 03-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #818
Bellabully
Official Disney Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
April 1.
Thank you!

Me DH DD
September 2010: Port Orleans French Quarter, November 2011 & June 2012: Boardwalk Villas, April 2013: Beach Club Villas/Boardwalk Villas, April 2014: Beach Club Villas, April 2015 Beach Club Villas
Old 03-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #819
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella

I have stayed CL at all 3 and agree with Ofinn on all of the above.

BWI really is a pretty resort, but the CL area being away from the elevator bothered me But the BWI CL staff is top notch and that lounge never seemed to be crowded.

YC lounge is smaller feeling but we never had issues with crowds either. Breakfast time was the busiest time there. With both our stays, our room was steps away from the lounge so we frequently ate breakfast on our balcony overlooking the wedding gazebo.

BC CL was nice, staff was nice, food was plentiful but it was still my least favorite CL of the 3. We just REALLY like the "dark side" better

HTH!
Just curious why BC comes in last on the list. We are doing our first ever CL stay at BC in sept thanks
Old 03-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #820
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by imobsessedwithdisney View Post
Just curious why BC comes in last on the list. We are doing our first ever CL stay at BC in sept thanks
There is absolutely nothing wrong with BC CL. It's just if I had to rank them, it would come in 3rd. I would stay there again in a heartbeat if YC CL was unavailable. In fact, I would stay at BC CL before BWI CL if YC CL was unavailable (but we really just didn't care for BWI as a whole, despite liking the actual CL lounge and staff).

We just really, REALLY love the YC!!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 03-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #821
mommakacie
Mouseketeer

I finally took the time to do the online check-in. We arrive in 18 days. I decided to go ahead and do it because 1) We're staying CL SV, so that limits the options that I would be picky about (floor level) 2) Since our arrival is the week after Easter, I thought it would be a good idea to save time in any manner possible. I'm just excited to be staying at BC!

It seems that the options for CL were pretty much the same that are given to anyone checking in.

First it asked for your expected arrival and departure times.
Then a cell phone number for notification as to when your room is ready (if not at check in).
Then the credit card number to put charges to.
Then pin numbers for the adults. (It did ask for a pin for my 11 year old, but on the confirmation page, it doesn't show her as having charging privileges. That's how I'd prefer it, so I'm not sure why it asked for a pin.)
The options I was given were large balcony, near transportation, or lower floor. There was also a 4th button you could click on - that said "I would like my room to be ready before check in time, and understand that this would override other preferences." Or something close to that...

10/04 - All Star Music, 04/06 - Pop Century
06/08 - All Star Movies, 12/10 - POFQ
02/12 - POR
04/13 - BC

Old 03-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #822
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella

There is absolutely nothing wrong with BC CL. It's just if I had to rank them, it would come in 3rd. I would stay there again in a heartbeat if YC CL was unavailable. In fact, I would stay at BC CL before BWI CL if YC CL was unavailable (but we really just didn't care for BWI as a whole, despite liking the actual CL lounge and staff).

We just really, REALLY love the YC!!
Thanks!! So excited for this trip!
Old 03-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #823
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Love your screen name by the way!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

I'm honestly not sure if you have a better chance of getting your requests by checking in early or not, but I believe (someone correct me if I am wrong), that rooms are "assigned" a few days to a week before you arrive. I don't think the assigners can totally block your room until it is closer to your stay.

Our traditional advice here has been to wait until you arrive to check in so you can discuss the location of your room and whether it has a full balcony, and politely ask if something else is available if your requests haven't been met

But...

If the resort is pretty full (which seems to be the case frequently) or

If lots of people have done advanced check-in (which I also think is happening more frequently)

Not to mention some of the advantages of checking in early that may be coming down the road.

Maybe it is a good idea to check in early.

I have been trying to figure out whether the advisory to wait should be changed or if it is still a decent recommendation.

I am a conflicted soul!!!

Did that help???
Thank you. My screen name is one of my favorite movie lines.

Even if you do on-line check-in, can't you try and change your room location at check-in, if you don't like where they have you?

We did it for our trip this past June when we stayed at the Pop Century. I'll probably go ahead and do it, because it made the time between on-line check in and actual check-in seem to go faster.

In a way I just wish we knew for sure when all this new stuff was rolling out and exactly what all comes with it. However, I tell myself, they are not giving us an in-stone-date because they want to work as many kinks out as possible. At least that's what I hope they are doing?

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 03-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #824
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Thank you. My screen name is one of my favorite movie lines.

Even if you do on-line check-in, can't you try and change your room location at check-in, if you don't like where they have you?

We did it for our trip this past June when we stayed at the Pop Century. I'll probably go ahead and do it, because it made the time between on-line check in and actual check-in seem to go faster.

In a way I just wish we knew for sure when all this new stuff was rolling out and exactly what all comes with it. However, I tell myself, they are not giving us an in-stone-date because they want to work as many kinks out as possible. At least that's what I hope they are doing?
Yes, you can discuss and change your room assignment at checkin, but my understanding of on-line checkin (at least when it was 10 days out) was that it was designed to speed up the checkin process because the keys to the room would already be "cut" and your package would be prepared. So you could just grab your stuff and go, making the interaction quick for you, and for the others who choose this process.

Guests with questions or requests to make a change in the room assignment kind of defeat this purpose.

But regardless of whether you have done the advance checkin or not, the CMs will definitely work with you and do their best to satisfy you.

With the 60 day advance "registration" as it has been called, it seems like it will eventually be more than that.

I'm with you waiting (and hoping) that when this is rolled out, the process will be more (not less) smooth than it is now.

Last edited by natebenma; 03-15-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #825
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

How close to the lobby? Like first floor close? Or close to an elevator that takes you to the lobby?

YC experts in the know (not me) suggest a wedding gazebo view because it is so pretty. Are these close to an elevator? I think some are.

"Wedding gazebo view, please. (First Floor)/(Upper Floor) if possible. Near elevator/close to lobby access".
Actually, I should have clarified. DP has a thing about first floor hotel rooms, so ground floor would be out. Gazebo would be great. Do any GV rooms overlook the main back entrance? Or are those all considered water views?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: