Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #796
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
You're Welcome
Hi Nanette, I have just PMed you...
Old 03-14-2013, 10:46 PM   #797
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolnini View Post
Just called WDW to make a final change to my reservations (added 2 more days of Park hoppers for the grand total of an extra $38.34....what a deal) and paid for my reservation in full. Sooooo, I am ready to go! Hurry up May 17th

Jan
LOL, We're also starting our vacation on 5/17, 7 nights at BCV, then 2 nights at AKV cause BC was booked.

But we've never tried AKV and I think it will be great to explore the resort when we're a bit theme parked out!

Congrats on paying your trip off! Have a great vacation!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 10:50 PM   #798
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmom14
We're planning on going back to BCV next May but since my DD has 5th grade testing (no sure yet of dates but prior yrs were early weeks in May), I started looking into April. Easter is on the 20th next yr. How is the week after or even the last week in April be crowd wise?
Wow!!! That's really late!!! I wonder if that means Fat Tuesday will be closer to my birthday

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
Old 03-15-2013, 04:47 AM   #799
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
I somehow missed 50+ pages of a new BC/YC thread...
While I still don't have an upcoming trip to BC/YC booked (our August trip will be at BWV due to availability), we do have exciting news related to BC/YC. We placed an offer on an 160 point resale contract with BCV as our home resort. Our offer was accepted, the contract is signed, and we are waiting to see what happens with Disney and their ROFR (Right of First Refusal - Disney can decided we got too good a deal and buy the contract themselves). We will hopefully find ourselves owning a little piece of BCV pretty soon!.

Amanda
I know I've already said it on your TR but I'll say it again-really hope it all works out for you
Old 03-15-2013, 06:30 AM   #800
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARASW View Post
For the last few years, my family and I have been staying at the Boardwalk Inn club level and loved it so much that we swore we would never stay at any other on property resort. My son found such a good deal for a stay at Yacht Club, club level, that we couldn't turn it down.

I was wondering if someone could let me know some differences between the two resorts and their club levels.

Thanks!!

Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1? What are the dates of your trip?

I see you got one response, below. Pixarmom has stayed at both BWI CL and Beach Club CL (I don't think her YC stay was CL)- I know she is busy with a school project this weekend, but if she sees this post, I'm sure she will give her input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofinn View Post
The YC lounge is smaller. OK no way to sugarcoat it.... it's very small compared to the other lounges. The nice thing about the YC lounge is it's right off the elevator unlike the BW lounge. I think the food offerings are similar, but I noticed more seafood offerings at YC. CM's are very nice at both. BW has better views. I like BW CL better, but I prefer the YC resort. If that make sense. They are both really great resorts. I will go with whatever one I can get with a discount. I would choose either one over the BC. The lobby is too chaotic for me.

Thanks for providing this info.

Quote:
While I still don't have an upcoming trip to BC/YC booked (our August trip will be at BWV due to availability), we do have exciting news related to BC/YC. We placed an offer on an 160 point resale contract with BCV as our home resort. Our offer was accepted, the contract is signed, and we are waiting to see what happens with Disney and their ROFR (Right of First Refusal - Disney can decided we got too good a deal and buy the contract themselves). We will hopefully find ourselves owning a little piece of BCV pretty soon!.

Amanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
Congrats on getting it signed and the paperwork in. Hope Disney passes and in 30 days or so, you are a DVC owner.

By the way, this is my 500th post!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Congrats on your posting milestone!

Old 03-15-2013, 06:39 AM   #801
ella6599
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Amanda
Hi, Amanda! When in August will you be at Disney?
Old 03-15-2013, 07:02 AM   #802
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
We will hopefully find ourselves owning a little piece of BCV pretty soon!.
Amanda
Fingers crossed for you Amanda!!

~Nannette

Old 03-15-2013, 07:03 AM   #803
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi Nanette, I have just PMed you...
No message

~Nannette

Old 03-15-2013, 07:06 AM   #804
mademluc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
Didn't know if you guys heard the rumor that a GP discount for middle of June through middle of August (I think) is being released on April 2. I know Dee and I have been waiting and hoping.l According to this reliable source 30% discount for deluxes. Not sure about AP discounts - hoping that they are even a little bit better.

Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!
Oh please, oh please, let this be true!!!! it would make a big difference in my DH's attitude toward this trip.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:14 AM   #805
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone! Happy Friday!

With our upcoming...no one saw it coming....Yacht Club stay, I have to ask the inevitable question. (God, I hate even asking it)....We have a garden view booked and we of course want to know where the best GV rooms are, and what kind of room request we should make. Daybeds aren't important since there's 2 of us, and I believe we're promised a balcony at YC, so I guess being close to the lobby is what's most important. We like being close to the action.

So, Thoughts?
Old 03-15-2013, 07:41 AM   #806
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay

LOL, We're also starting our vacation on 5/17, 7 nights at BCV, then 2 nights at AKV cause BC was booked.

But we've never tried AKV and I think it will be great to explore the resort when we're a bit theme parked out!

Congrats on paying your trip off! Have a great vacation!
We are doing the same split, but in reverse in August. Let us know how you like it

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 03-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #807
Vaninou
Earning My Ears

arriving on the 17th tooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
Nice! We arrive on the 17th as well. Can't wait!

can't wait!

October 83: DW (Hilton)
July 87: DW (Hilton)
April 94: DL Paris (New Port Bay Club)
December 95: DW (Yacht Club)
September 98: DL (Offsite)
May 09: DL Paris (Offsite)
May 10: DW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
October 10: DL (Offsite)
May 12: DW (Beach Club Villas)
May 13: DW (Beach Club Villas)
December 2013: DL Paris (Disneyland Hotel)
Old 03-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #808
Bellabully
Official Disney Addict

April Activities Schedule

Good morning everybody! Just wondering if anyone knew when the April Activites Schedule will be posted? Wanted to add a HUGE Thank you to all of you amazing Disers who maintain these threads tirelessly!!! We would all be LOST without your dedication!

Me DH DD
September 2010: Port Orleans French Quarter, November 2011 & June 2012: Boardwalk Villas, April 2013: Beach Club Villas/Boardwalk Villas, April 2014: Beach Club Villas
Old 03-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #809
catho72
DIS Veteran

I would be shocked if the April 2 discount doesn't come to fruition. The original poster is a CM and was dead-on with the last discount promotion. Good luck to all who need it! Sending pixie dust that everyone gets exactly what they want!

I'm getting excited for our July trip.....we just purchased our park tickets. Saved $400 by purchasing Y.E.S. tickets instead of thru Undercover Tourist. I was even able to get my husband to agree to take the kids to the Y.E.S. class the kids are taking, which means I'll have about 4 hours to myself at WDW!!!! I think I'm more excited about having time to myself over saving $400!

Have a great weekend everyone!

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend and now planning 6/14 POP/GF/BC CL split stay

Old 03-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #810
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARASW View Post
For the last few years, my family and I have been staying at the Boardwalk Inn club level and loved it so much that we swore we would never stay at any other on property resort. My son found such a good deal for a stay at Yacht Club, club level, that we couldn't turn it down.

I was wondering if someone could let me know some differences between the two resorts and their club levels.

Thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofinn View Post
The YC lounge is smaller. OK no way to sugarcoat it.... it's very small compared to the other lounges. The nice thing about the YC lounge is it's right off the elevator unlike the BW lounge. I think the food offerings are similar, but I noticed more seafood offerings at YC. CM's are very nice at both. BW has better views. I like BW CL better, but I prefer the YC resort. If that make sense. They are both really great resorts. I will go with whatever one I can get with a discount. I would choose either one over the BC. The lobby is too chaotic for me.

I have stayed CL at all 3 and agree with Ofinn on all of the above.

BWI really is a pretty resort, but the CL area being away from the elevator bothered me But the BWI CL staff is top notch and that lounge never seemed to be crowded.

YC lounge is smaller feeling but we never had issues with crowds either. Breakfast time was the busiest time there. With both our stays, our room was steps away from the lounge so we frequently ate breakfast on our balcony overlooking the wedding gazebo.

BC CL was nice, staff was nice, food was plentiful but it was still my least favorite CL of the 3. We just REALLY like the "dark side" better

HTH!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: