Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #1
Momofone92
Mouseketeer

Grand floridian vs yacht club

These are two hotels I have never stayed at but I found a really good deal. Grand Floridian is $350 more than Yacht Club. Which would you choose?

I was leaning Yacht Club bc we spend alot of time at hotel and pool. The idea of staying on the monorail though sounds like such a dream
Momofone92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #2
Momofone92
Mouseketeer

As for which park we spend more time at its probably even bw them. I like them all the only one we usually don't do is animal kingdom. We have been to Disney before and stayed at AKL twice, wilderness lodge and one day at POR. It is just myself and my nine year old daughter.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #3
outahere

If you plan on spending time lounging by the pool, I would vote for YC. Plus, YC is close to two of the parks. Definitely walking distance to Epcot and you can walk to the Studios, but they have good boat service to both. If you plan on spending more time at the MK, I would go with the GF. They have boats going there as well as the monorail.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013 / November, 2014
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
outahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofone92 View Post
These are two hotels I have never stayed at but I found a really good deal. Grand Floridian is $350 more than Yacht Club. Which would you choose?

I was leaning Yacht Club bc we spend alot of time at hotel and pool. The idea of staying on the monorail though sounds like such a dream
Quote:
As for which park we spend more time at its probably even bw them. I like them all the only one we usually don't do is animal kingdom. We have been to Disney before and stayed at AKL twice, wilderness lodge and one day at POR. It is just myself and my nine year old daughter.
We've never stayed at the YC, but have stayed at the BC and GF. The GF is a beautiful resort, but we didn't care for the main pool. We love the Poly and the volcano pool is our favorite pool on property, but between the GF and YC pools, I would probably go with the YC. The Epcot resorts are beautiful and I think your daughter would enjoy SAB. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #5
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

it sounds lovely to have a mother daughter trip.

i have never stayed at YC (we are planning to stay at BC this summer) but I have stayed at the GF 3 times. If you really think the idea of the monorail sounds magical, I would just book the GF so that you get to experience that. i know i personally really enjoy staying on the monorail.

the GF also has a nice afternoon tea that you two could do. i think the theming of the resort makes it a great girls only trip. the YC theming looks more masculine to me and is a bit darker. they have great shopping at GF, too.

good luck with your decision. it's a great decision to have to make!

bethclayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #6
Momofone92
Mouseketeer

It is a great decision I owe t someone on here who posted a deal site the other day.

I booked yacht club but I keep thinking of the monorail lol without this deal I couldn't even dream of either so I admit the both sound incredible.

I do love the idea of SAB. It sounds amazing I just think it is a dream come true no matter what. Thanks so much for your input!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 05:56 PM   #7
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Lucky you!
What a decision to have to make!

I have never stayed at the YC, but I do know that some people who have stayed there have stated that while SAB is a great place- it's huge and hard to keep track of their kids at times, especially if it's crowded. With your DD being 9 and only you traveling with her, IDK if that is a concern of yours or not.

I will say that my family loves the GF. The first time I took my youngest she was 9 and it is the ONLY place she will stay now. She refuses to stay anywhere else at all- won't even talk about it if I bring it up to her. She says she feels like a total Princess when she is there and just actually said yesterday to me- Mom, the Grand is Home to me.
Brat.

When are you traveling? Is it over Labor Day? If it's the deal I'm thinking of, you probably will be in a standard room. Not sure if some of the Std rooms at the YC are not wonderful-- parking lots, rooftops, etc? Since I haven't stayed there, I don't know?? At the GF, a standard view could be of the monorail or of the courtyard pool.

Good luck deciding!
Old 03-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #8
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is a great decision I owe t someone on here who posted a deal site the other day.

I booked yacht club but I keep thinking of the monorail lol without this deal I couldn't even dream of either so I admit the both sound incredible.

I do love the idea of SAB. It sounds amazing I just think it is a dream come true no matter what. Thanks so much for your input!!!

I think the YC is a great choice! If your DD likes fun pools, then SAB will be great to spend the day at. We've stayed at both and love both, but with the GF under so much construction right now, I'd pick YC hands down. Plus the monorail is overrated, IMO. If can break down, and really only helps you get to the MK. At least at the YC, you can walk to 2 parks. Hope you have a great time!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #9
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Both are great, two of my favorites.

When are you going? That might make a difference in which one I would recommend.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #10
thisismyusername
DIS Veteran

Why don't you do a split stay and spend a few days at both? I would imagine with just two of you, it wouldn't be that difficult to move.
thisismyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:52 PM   #11
Momofone92
Mouseketeer

Ooh

Yep it's the Labor Day deal

You guys are getting me even more excited so excited
Old 03-14-2013, 11:59 PM   #12
clapton
Mouseketeer

The GF is beautiful, but I think I would choose the YC for the location. Close to two parks, many dining choices between YC, BC, Swan & Dolphin and don't for - get the BW. It's really a fun atmosphere especially at night! Whatever you choose have a great time!
clapton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:43 AM   #13
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Grand Floridian, because it is simply marvelous and you have found a great deal which might not be available at another time.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:49 AM   #14
Momofone92
Mouseketeer

Lol that's exactly what I keep thinking about the grand Floridian lol these are two places I thought we were totally priced out of which is why it's so hard to decide. I don't want to split stay bc last time we did it we lost so much time.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:07 PM   #15
princessbrulee
Mouseketeer

I can tell you what I picked! Lol I just booked the same package and chose GF. It has been a dream of ours to stay there, so I couldn't pass it up! Have a great time!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: