Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #1351
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
We are a family of 5 staying at POR for the first time. I am looking for suggestions to maximize storage space in our room. Since we are 5, I know the drawers under the Murphy bed will be challenging to use.

I read the ideas of the sweater hanger for the closet, and we always do a popup hamper. Is there storage under the bed?
Any other ideas? We are driving so packing practical pieces for the room should not be an issue.
No storage space under the beds, They are boxed in frames so no crawlspace. The only thing other than living out of the suitcases like we do when there or the hanging organizers we took just one for the three of us and the pop up hamper.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #1352
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
Is there a reason why one of you suggests faxing then chen in vs checkin before fax?

One last question...our flight arrives 940am at mco on a monday. What drop is POR usually? What other resorts does ME usually drop off before POR? Realistically, what time would we be at the hotel? 11, 1130, 12? What time do you think we could make it over to the MK by?
I suggest doing online checkin first just because you can do it much earlier, and then that info is already available to anyone checking your details if a fax is received later. And I suggest 3-5 days for sending faxes as that's what the Room Assignment Manager at POR specifically suggested would be the ideal time frame for most bookings (much longer than that and there's a danger your fax will get put in a tray until they start working that time period, which could result in something being missed). Oh, and address your fax to the department, not to any individual (even the manager) as if that one person is off duty or on holiday your message could get overlooked for a while.

If your flight arrives at 9:40am (and it's an internal flight) then you could well be at Port Orleans via M.E. by 11am, but I'd allow up 2 hours to be on the safe side. If you go straight to the park rather than heading to your room first, you could probably be in the MK by 12:30.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #1353
monicajonathan
Earning My Ears

My family and I will be heading back to POR on June 8th. We will be driving and should arrive there on that saturday in the late afternoon. I would like to surprise my family with a carriage ride. I saw them the last time we were there but we didn't get a chance to do it. Would I have to make a reservation for a carriage ride and how far ahead can I make a reservation?
Old 03-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #1354
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicajonathan View Post
Would I have to make a reservation for a carriage ride and how far ahead can I make a reservation?
You can book up to 180 days out (though there's no need to do it anywhere near that far out) via 1-407-WDW-PLAY. For more details, see www.portorleans.org/recreation.php#Carriage

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #1355
monicajonathan
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for info.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #1356
just teachin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
You can book up to 180 days out (though there's no need to do it anywhere near that far out) via 1-407-WDW-PLAY. For more details, see www.portorleans.org/recreation.php#Carriage

Andre
We'll be there the first week of June... is it necessary to make a reservation? I'd like to do it, but I also don't want to overplan our stay...

Thanks for ALL the great info, everyone!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #1357
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I suggest doing online checkin first just because you can do it much earlier, and then that info is already available to anyone checking your details if a fax is received later. And I suggest 3-5 days for sending faxes as that's what the Room Assignment Manager at POR specifically suggested would be the ideal time frame for most bookings (much longer than that and there's a danger your fax will get put in a tray until they start working that time period, which could result in something being missed). Oh, and address your fax to the department, not to any individual (even the manager) as if that one person is off duty or on holiday your message could get overlooked for a while.

Andre
Not trying to argue on this, but did you speak with him after I left? Because I mentioned to him about this and he told me in person to send them in 7-10 days out because of the traffic of faxes.

I can agree on the check in now. I asked him after speaking to Lillikat earlier, and he said when it comes to the online check in people can do it if they want first but don't fill out requests on it that will conflict with their faxed in requests.

--------------------------------------------

But to anyone that needs the fax details then they can come to me and I will help. I am always willing to go the extra mile for our guests.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:52 PM   #1358
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
One last question...our flight arrives 940am at mco on a monday. What drop is POR usually? What other resorts does ME usually drop off before POR? Realistically, what time would we be at the hotel? 11, 1130, 12? What time do you think we could make it over to the MK by?
The ME buses don't have set routes or even set resorts for a particular bus.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:08 PM   #1359
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren

They don't? I read somewhere (another thread here, I believe) that each resort has its "own bus" is that not true?
Old 03-14-2013, 11:32 PM   #1360
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
The current bus for POR goes to POR first then three other resorts. They usually do 3 or 4 resorts to a bus.

They have several buses that have routes preset but change every so often but I don't know how often but it does change.

Last edited by Venomhatch; 03-14-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:11 AM   #1361
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
The current bus for POR goes to POR first then three other resorts. They usually do 3 or 4 resorts to a bus.

They have several buses that have routes preset but change every so often but I don't know how often but it does change.

Thank you Andre and Venomhatch!

Good to hear it is 1st. Last time we were at the poly they driver announce on ME the order we were getting dropped off. Then there was some discord bc all but 3 families were going to the poly. So he announced we were going to the poly 1st, then the Contemp I think and last WL. Well a few mins later after a guy was up talking with the driver he announced he was changing it and Poly was last. Apparently the guy gave the driver something like $100 to drop them off first. We were in the back of the bus so didn't hear the whole exchange but there were angry guests.

I know we can reserve the carriage rides in the 180 window. But my parents want to surprise the girls with a ride. I know we will be at hotel the first night but am concerned since we have a 7 am flight they might be too tired. It would be the best night for us to plan it. Can we book it at the hotel or will all the slots be full? Mid May how popular is it? If I make a reservation does it have a 24 hour cancellation?
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 03-15-2013, 01:18 AM   #1362
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
They don't?
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
I read somewhere (another thread here, I believe) that each resort has its "own bus" is that not true?
Not true.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:11 AM   #1363
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
I know we can reserve the carriage rides in the 180 window. But my parents want to surprise the girls with a ride. I know we will be at hotel the first night but am concerned since we have a 7 am flight they might be too tired.
A few days in advance would most likely be enough, you don't need to book a long way out unless it's something special like a birthday or anniversary where you are sure of the date you want. There is a 24-hour cancellation policy.

They will take on-the-day walk-ups if there's a free slot, but mostly they are pre-booked.

Andre

Old 03-15-2013, 07:52 AM   #1364
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybaud View Post
Me too!! My husband grounded me! I can only talk about Disney once a week and on Fridays!
I might have to divorce my hubby if he grounded me from talking Disney. Thankfully, he talks about it as much as I do and he was on me the last few days to get our dining plans posted on the planning door.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 03-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #1365
dramaticmissy
Mouseketeer

quick question

At pop we were allowed to bring Disney window clings to decorate our room, is this allowed at Port of Orleans- Riverside? We are getting so excited less than two months to go!

June 1976-My first trip!
March 2006 @ POP dd's 2nd birthday
August 2007 @ SSR 11 day trip
November 2008- POP dd's 7th birthday
May 2013 Port of Orleans Riverside- All girls week
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: