|03-14-2013, 10:21 PM||#1|
Anybody interested in grabbing a couple of burgers and hittin' the cemetery?
Join Date: Oct 2011
Where to stay for second trip: AK Villas, BoardWalk Villas or Bay Lake Villas?
I'll be taking my second trip ever to WDW in late November/early December 2014 for my birthday. My wife and I were married at WDW in June 2012, so we're hankering for another trip (this will be her fourth).
Since it's for my birthday, she thinks it'd be best if I picked where we stayed. Ha! We do know we'll stay seven nights, so that much is certain.
Pros and cons of each resort, from most preferred to least preferred:
- It's the cheapest resort of the three (we're going to rent DVC points)
- Is visually stunning (visited there during our honeymoon stay)
- All their DVC villas seem to have awesome views
- Far from things (my brother said it was a 30-minute bus ride to HS, Epcot and MK, though I think he was exaggerating)
Bay Lake Tower
- Modern style, which is what the wife and I like
- Awesome looking rooms
- Close to MK, which is our second-favorite park
- Seems the Monorail is far from the Tower? But I can't be certain based on pictures/videos
- Most expensive of the three resorts
- We might not get the best view of MK, despite selecting a Magic room (based upon what I've seen in reviews and videos)
- We like the way it's nestled in between two parks
- Has multiple options for transportation
- Is middle-of-the-road pricing of the three resorts
- Based on reviews/YouTube videos, the view might leave much to be desired
- Annnnnd it has the clown slide, which terrifies me
I do have a question about the BoardWalk villas, though: Do any studio villas overlook Crescent Lake/the boardwalk?
What do you all recommend? Have you stayed at any of these, or all of these? Can you point out more pros and cons I'm not considering?
Thanks so much!
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|