Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #1156
kmitchel
DIS Veteran

Favorite Thing to Do

I LOVE the pirate deck party!! I love the fireworks show on the Dream and Fantasy better since it is set to the POtC music instead of "I Need a Hero", but I still enjoy the show. I'll then grab a chair and watch POtC under the stars! Great memories.
kmitchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #1157
momto2js
DIS Veteran

I have been looking or something for my family to do in Cartagena. I emailed the directors of "friends for Columbia", a foundation that supports several programs in the ares, and they said they would be happy to organize a tour that would be kid friendly. I am interested in having my kids meet some local kids. They mentioned a child care program and also a school as possible stops. They also said they could include a driving tour through the historic highlights in the area, again in a kid friendly fashion.

Several folks on Cruise Critic highly recommend the group and their programs. It sounds like they are flexible and could put something together for us, if anyone else is interested. www.friendsforcolombia.org is the website for additional infomation. My kids are 4 and 6.
momto2js is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 01:13 PM   #1158
Chaopolis
Earning My Ears

I saw Cabo San Lucas requires tendering. As a newbie, how does this work?
Old 03-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #1159
Brixton
Missing Maine, Substituting Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2js View Post
I have been looking or something for my family to do in Cartagena. I emailed the directors of "friends for Columbia", a foundation that supports several programs in the ares, and they said they would be happy to organize a tour that would be kid friendly. I am interested in having my kids meet some local kids. They mentioned a child care program and also a school as possible stops. They also said they could include a driving tour through the historic highlights in the area, again in a kid friendly fashion.

Several folks on Cruise Critic highly recommend the group and their programs. It sounds like they are flexible and could put something together for us, if anyone else is interested. www.friendsforcolombia.org is the website for additional infomation. My kids are 4 and 6.

My kids are 8; we'd love to do something like that!!! Please PM me if you schedule something for your family, and can include us. Thanks!

WONDERful Land/Sea; WONDERful Pixar 2012; WONDERful WBPC 2013; WONDERful Bahamas 2014; WONDERful EBPC 2014; DL AP's since...forever
Brixton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #1160
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaopolis View Post
I saw Cabo San Lucas requires tendering. As a newbie, how does this work?
Its really simple. Once everything is set up for tendering (usually by the port time listed, but sometimes a little before or a little after) you can go down to the tender deck (they typically tell you or you can find out by calling reception) which is often deck 1, and you swipe your card to leave the ship and you board a smaller ferry type boat. The boat takes you to the tender dock and you get off. Simple as that!

The only thing you have to remember is what time the last tender boat leaves the port - they are serious about those times, so make sure you arrive to the tender dock before the last tender leaves to return to the ship.

I've never tendered in Cabo, but usually a tender trip takes 15-20 minutes, so keep that in mind and don't leave anything onboard the Wonder that you might need b/c its a pain to go back & get it.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #1161
GoinPlaces63
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty & the Best

Its really simple. Once everything is set up for tendering (usually by the port time listed, but sometimes a little before or a little after) you can go down to the tender deck (they typically tell you or you can find out by calling reception) which is often deck 1, and you swipe your card to leave the ship and you board a smaller ferry type boat. The boat takes you to the tender dock and you get off. Simple as that!

The only thing you have to remember is what time the last tender boat leaves the port - they are serious about those times, so make sure you arrive to the tender dock before the last tender leaves to return to the ship.

I've never tendered in Cabo, but usually a tender trip takes 15-20 minutes, so keep that in mind and don't leave anything onboard the Wonder that you might need b/c its a pain to go back & get it.
I wondered about that too... Thanks for posting.
GoinPlaces63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #1162
Chaopolis
Earning My Ears

Attention WBPC Cruisers!

I had bought a pack of FujiFilm Waterproof Film Cameras. However, I have just recently picked up a digital Waterproof camera, and now have no need for the film ones. (And returning them just seems futile)

However, I was thinking of bringing them on the trip should anyone want them. Say, you guys, perhaps?

If you want them, let me know. PM me or Reply here. Whatevs!
Old 03-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #1163
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaopolis View Post
Attention WBPC Cruisers!

I had bought a pack of FujiFilm Waterproof Film Cameras. However, I have just recently picked up a digital Waterproof camera, and now have no need for the film ones. (And returning them just seems futile)

However, I was thinking of bringing them on the trip should anyone want them. Say, you guys, perhaps?

If you want them, let me know. PM me or Reply here. Whatevs!
I would love to have one!
Old 03-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #1164
Lexa
DIS Veteran

If you have more then one I would like one too. My kids love to take pictures, but I usually don't give them my camera near water (it's not waterproof) so something like this would be perfect. Please let me know the cost!

Aleksandra , Chris , Luke :, Maya

May 7-14 2011 - Our 1st cruise with DCL - Disney Magic to Eastern Caribbean
April 29 -May 14 2012 - Inaugural sailing on Disney Wonder to Hawaii
May 6 - May 20 2013 - Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal

Sept 12 - Sept 26 2014 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Eastbound through Panama Canal
Lexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #1165
Chaopolis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty & the Best

I would love to have one!
Great! One is yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexa
If you have more then one I would like one too. My kids love to take pictures, but I usually don't give them my camera near water (it's not waterproof) so something like this would be perfect. Please let me know the cost!
I have 4 total. (1 has been spoken for by Beauty & The Best). I won't charge for them, they're fairly inexpensive as it is (on Amazon at least). Of course, the wife & I will never turn down cocktails.

Last edited by Chaopolis; 03-14-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Chaopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #1166
kitkat2704
Earning My Ears

I've always wanted to try one! if one is still available I would love one!
kitkat2704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #1167
Chaopolis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat2704
I've always wanted to try one! if one is still available I would love one!
One is yours! Only one more left!
Old 03-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #1168
braysmommy
DIS Veteran

We would love one too!
Old 03-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #1169
Chaopolis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by braysmommy
We would love one too!
You got the LAST one!
Old 03-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #1170
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politzania View Post
So, when I scheduled our Karmel shuttle pickup to get from the LA San Pedro port to SNA - I plugged in our flight times (later in the day) and was given a pickup time of 11:45a

Since it sounds like they'll be booting us off the Wonder by 9am (kicking and screaming, I bet! ) - is there anything near the port worth hanging around for, or should we have the shuttle pick us up around 9:30a and just chill at the airport instead?

If there's something fun to do near the port - what would we do with our luggage in the meantime?
i would have the shuttle pick you up 9-9:30. They WILL throw you off the ship as they need to turn it around for the next group that will be anxiously waiting to board. I can't imagine us dragging our luggage around sightseeing at the port.

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: