Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #2866
momof4minnies
Mouseketeer
 
momof4minnies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brier Rose View Post
Hey Y'all!

Maybe you remember me from a few pages back when I posted about help with my brother's engagement? Well sooo much has happened since then, and we are well on our way with all the plans. I can't wait to see all of this come together!

My question is this..We have worked with Disney Events and Conventions to arrange everything for the secret surprise dinner in the Garden Suite. Now we just have to figure out how to get his gf there!

She thinks they are staying at WL, and they are, the first night. As far as she knows they are going over to BW for a dinner reservation at Flying Fish.

I will be checking into their room earlier in the day (ressie is in my and bro's names) so that I can meet with all the people involved in this..floral, photographer, etc..so there won't really be a need for them to check in at all, BUT, while I was thinking about the check-in process, it got me wondering if concierge might be willing to help us out with "a plan".

You know how they meet you out front for check-in right?? Sooo...I was wondering..what if we could get them to wait out front for my bro and gf to arrive..I can let them know EXACTLY what time they will be there, show them a pic, etc..and then have them, idk..ask if they would mind answering a few questions for a survey or something?? Then maybe act like they will need to go to "the location" to participate, and lead them to the cottage?

Crazy I know, but it's all I've got right now! IF they'd even be willing to help out!

Anybody else got any ideas??
It's worth it to ask IPO. However, the people that work in IPO are not the same cast members that work at the hotel.

Here is an idea... Years ago when my kiddos were very small, they asked if we were going to be able to eat at CRT. I told them no. However, I really did have ADR's. Before we left for WDW, I printed up an "invitation" for each girl that said basically that Cinderella was inviting them to the castle to dine with some of her closest princess friends. While they were sleeping the night before our ADR's I put the "invites" near the door as if they had been slipped under it. Bless their lil hearts, they still think it's real. Soooo, with your very creative mind maybe you could come up with some type of "invitation" that is "delivered" to your brother's room the first night. The invitation could be that they are invited to tour the concierge lounge or that they have an upgrade to the BWI concierge level.

I think helping your brother is so very cute. He's lucky to have you for a sister. Please, please keep us informed.
__________________


1971 WDW opening year
several visits to DL as a wee one
Oct 1998 Poly
Jun 2000 CBR
Aug 2001 CR
Jul 2003 CR
June 2004 GF CL
Jun 2005 CR CL
Jul 2007 GF CL
Nov 2008 WL CL
Jun 2009 DL Hyatt
Nov 2011 WL CL - DD Sweet 16
Jun 2013 BW CL - 2nd DD Sweet 16
NEXT TRIP DEC 2014 WL CL - CHRISTMAS
momof4minnies is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #2867
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.
 
Piglets Mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pennsylvania....way too far north of the Mouse!
Posts: 7,373

Hi fellow Boardwalk lovers!!!
I have been following this thread since we got back from our Dream cruise in Feb, where we bought into DVC at Boardwalk Villas. I have been afraid to post, as I didn't want to jinx anything, but our contract has now closed, and we will be coming "Home" for the first time in November. I can't wait and am so excited! We booked a 1br standard view. I can't wait to have all that extra room!
__________________
DH Me DS ,13 DD,10
Piglets Mommy is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #2868
Brier Rose
The Tag Fairy prefers to remain an enigma
 
Brier Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,174

Thanks everybody!

We have a little somethingsomething in the works, and I will definitely keep you all informed! I'll also make sure to come back and post all of the pics of the Garden Cottage all dressed up for the big night!
Ahh..it's gonna be sooo hard to keep this a secret until May!!

I'm just so happy with everything that has been done to make this happen so far! We were even able to work out with the chef for the surprise meal to be food from the Flying Fish!

My poor brother is so nervous that he had convinced himself that his gf is so pumped about the dinner she thinks she is having there, that she would be disappointed when she realized that they actually weren't eating there at all.

I think she would get over it. But now she won't have to!
__________________
70 TRIPS AND COUNTING!!!
Brier Rose is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #2869
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 14,110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
Hi fellow Boardwalk lovers!!!
I have been following this thread since we got back from our Dream cruise in Feb, where we bought into DVC at Boardwalk Villas. I have been afraid to post, as I didn't want to jinx anything, but our contract has now closed, and we will be coming "Home" for the first time in November. I can't wait and am so excited! We booked a 1br standard view. I can't wait to have all that extra room!
Welcome home. We have only stayed in studios with our Boardwalk points, but are considering a 1 BR for 2014 trip.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is online now  
Old 03-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #2870
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round
 
elgerber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 14,759

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
Hi fellow Boardwalk lovers!!!
I have been following this thread since we got back from our Dream cruise in Feb, where we bought into DVC at Boardwalk Villas. I have been afraid to post, as I didn't want to jinx anything, but our contract has now closed, and we will be coming "Home" for the first time in November. I can't wait and am so excited! We booked a 1br standard view. I can't wait to have all that extra room!
Welcome home!!! We always book a 1 bedroom. My favorite part (other than the full size fridge) is being able to pack half as many clothes, as we just toss a load in the wash, when we go to dinner, and toss them in the dryer after we get back!
__________________
Erika
elgerber is online now  
Old 03-13-2013, 04:05 PM   #2871
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.
 
Piglets Mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pennsylvania....way too far north of the Mouse!
Posts: 7,373

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brier Rose View Post
Thanks everybody!

We have a little somethingsomething in the works, and I will definitely keep you all informed! I'll also make sure to come back and post all of the pics of the Garden Cottage all dressed up for the big night!
Ahh..it's gonna be sooo hard to keep this a secret until May!!

I'm just so happy with everything that has been done to make this happen so far! We were even able to work out with the chef for the surprise meal to be food from the Flying Fish!

My poor brother is so nervous that he had convinced himself that his gf is so pumped about the dinner she thinks she is having there, that she would be disappointed when she realized that they actually weren't eating there at all.

I think she would get over it. But now she won't have to!
That is awesome!!! I can't wait to see all the pics after it is done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Welcome home. We have only stayed in studios with our Boardwalk points, but are considering a 1 BR for 2014 trip.
Thanks! I think we will mostly book studios, but we had some bonus points we have to use, so are splurging for the 1br.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
Welcome home!!! We always book a 1 bedroom. My favorite part (other than the full size fridge) is being able to pack half as many clothes, as we just toss a load in the wash, when we go to dinner, and toss them in the dryer after we get back!
Thanks! I think that will spoil me! That and the large tub.
__________________
DH Me DS ,13 DD,10
Piglets Mommy is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #2872
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
Hi fellow Boardwalk lovers!!!
I have been following this thread since we got back from our Dream cruise in Feb, where we bought into DVC at Boardwalk Villas. I have been afraid to post, as I didn't want to jinx anything, but our contract has now closed, and we will be coming "Home" for the first time in November. I can't wait and am so excited! We booked a 1br standard view. I can't wait to have all that extra room!
to the thread! Congratulations on making BWV your official HOME
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #2873
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.
 
Piglets Mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pennsylvania....way too far north of the Mouse!
Posts: 7,373

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
to the thread! Congratulations on making BWV your official HOME
Thanks! I can't wait!!!
__________________
DH Me DS ,13 DD,10
Piglets Mommy is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #2874
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran
 
BringingUpDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 619

Is the pool finished?

Just booked a new reservation for December and wondering if the pool is finished and if anyone has seen it?

I can't stop planning!
__________________




me miss J my little princess (2)
BringingUpDisney is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #2875
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,420

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
Just booked a new reservation for December and wondering if the pool is finished and if anyone has seen it?

I can't stop planning!
Yes, the pool is completed and open. We were there last week. The pool re-opened on Tuesday or Wednesday. It was too cold for me, but there were plenty of people swimming and kids using the clown slide.
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Sandi is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #2876
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
Just booked a new reservation for December and wondering if the pool is finished and if anyone has seen it?

I can't stop planning!
to the DIS and the BWI/BWV thread! We're all about planning here, so stop by anytime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Yes, the pool is completed and open. We were there last week. The pool re-opened on Tuesday or Wednesday. It was too cold for me, but there were plenty of people swimming and kids using the clown slide.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #2877
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran
 
BringingUpDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 619

Is the pool finished?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
to the DIS and the BWI/BWV thread! We're all about planning here, so stop by anytime.

Thank you so much! We stayed last November at the BWV for the first time. However, we missed the Christmas festivities so we are targeting the first week of December this time hoping that the lobby will decorated and we can see the lights. Wish I could buy in the BWV but I fell in love a little too late...
__________________




me miss J my little princess (2)
BringingUpDisney is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #2878
psac
DIS Veteran
 
psac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,420

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
Thank you so much! We stayed last November at the BWV for the first time. However, we missed the Christmas festivities so we are targeting the first week of December this time hoping that the lobby will decorated and we can see the lights. Wish I could buy in the BWV but I fell in love a little too late...
First week of December you'll definitely see full decorations. We usually go the week before Thanksgiving, and everything is going up right about when we're checking out.
__________________
“It's kind of fun to do the impossible.” - Walt Disney
Upcoming BWV Dec'14, BLT Jul'15, BWV/DCL Fantasy Sep'15
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #2879
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
Thank you so much! We stayed last November at the BWV for the first time. However, we missed the Christmas festivities so we are targeting the first week of December this time hoping that the lobby will decorated and we can see the lights. Wish I could buy in the BWV but I fell in love a little too late...
Your ticker isn't posting so I fixed it for you. You just need to delete what you have in your signature and instead post this:

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...xix8xvyo1m.png

But, be sure to add [IMG] to the front and [/IMG] to the end or copy and paste the address into the postcard "insert image" icon in the tool bar above when you are replying to this post. Then, your ticker will look like this:



WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #2880
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,420

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Your ticker isn't posting so I fixed it for you. You just need to delete what you have in your signature and instead post this:

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...xix8xvyo1m.png

But, be sure to add [IMG] to the front and [/IMG] to the end or copy and paste the address into the postcard "insert image" icon in the tool bar above when you are replying to this post. Then, your ticker will look like this:



You're so nice WDWKOOK. Things like this make us love you all the more!
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Sandi is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: