Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #16
Caitsmama
Closet Hannah Montana Fan!
am planning on getting at least one more

if a dis'er here would get me one and mail it, i would paypal them the money!! We are going in the fall and this would be super to have... i think i have one from the waterpark, but the design on this one is too cute!
Caitsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:09 AM   #17
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

I was able to get one of these for my F&G visit on Saturday. I purchased mine at the kiosk on the bridge to WS from FW, where they sell Mickey/Minnie ears. That's probably the most convenient place to pick one up if you're on your way. I also saw them for sale at the festival merchandise kiosks around WS and at the festival center. I found the spiral stretchy band to be much more comfortable than the rubber band used on the F&W ones! I also noticed that the wristband is attached to the card by a small binder clip; the band itself also comes apart. So you have options for attaching it to a keychain, lanyard, or bag if you'd prefer to carry it that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopTroop6 View Post
I desperately want some of these for our trip next year!! Anyone wanna buy 4 of them for me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitsmama View Post
if a dis'er here would get me one and mail it, i would paypal them the money!! We are going in the fall and this would be super to have... i think i have one from the waterpark, but the design on this one is too cute!
I would be happy to send some to both of you! PM me with details

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 01:26 AM   #18
lstylr
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if they sell normal wristband gift cards at the parks (like just a plain Mickey gift card but mini and with the spiral wristband)? I found an old thread saying that they only sold them at the water parks but that was a year and a half ago and was wondering if this might have changed?
Old 03-14-2013, 01:32 AM   #19
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstylr View Post
Does anyone know if they sell normal wristband gift cards at the parks (like just a plain Mickey gift card but mini and with the spiral wristband)? I found an old thread saying that they only sold them at the water parks but that was a year and a half ago and was wondering if this might have changed?
As far as I know, they are only available at the water parks and at Epcot during the Food & Wine Fest. They've been introduced at Epcot's Flower & Garden Fest this year, as well. But I've never seen them in any of the other parks, or at Epcot during non-festival times.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Old 03-14-2013, 01:36 AM   #20
lstylr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping View Post
As far as I know, they are only available at the water parks and at Epcot during the Food & Wine Fest. They've been introduced at Epcot's Flower & Garden Fest this year, as well. But I've never seen them in any of the other parks, or at Epcot during non-festival times.
Thank you
Old 03-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #21
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

The Food & Wine cards started out with the coiled plastic wristband last year, but they broke so often that after the second day they had to replace them all with rubber bands. So it wasn't their idea to use rubber bands in the first place. Hopefully they have found a better supplier this time.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #22
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
The Food & Wine cards started out with the coiled plastic wristband last year, but they broke so often that after the second day they had to replace them all with rubber bands. So it wasn't their idea to use rubber bands in the first place. Hopefully they have found a better supplier this time.
Oh, I didn't know that! I only used mine for one day, but it held up fine. I plan to make a second visit to try all the things I couldn't fit in last week, so if I do that I'll use the band again. It seems to be pretty durable.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #23
Poohbug
Sherlocked

Can I get a F&G gift card and purchase it with a gift card? I know its kind of funny but the little wrist one will work better for around WS, plus they are adorable.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #24
Itinkso
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohbug
Can I get a F&G gift card and purchase it with a gift card? I know its kind of funny but the little wrist one will work better for around WS, plus they are adorable.
At DL, you can't buy a gift card with a gift card, it is probably the same at WDW. If staying on property, you can charge the gift card to your KTTW card and then apply the original gift card to your account balance at your resort.
WDW 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #25
LauraLouLovesPooh
Mouseketeer

These sound so convenient and cool! Are they only offered at the food and wine festival?
PaulLaura
LauraLouLovesPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #26
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

It is the same at WDW. You cannot load a Disney gift card using another Disney gift card.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #27
Itinkso
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLouLovesPooh
These sound so convenient and cool! Are they only offered at the food and wine festival?
Available at Food and Wine and also at Flower and Garden!
WDW 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #28
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso View Post
At DL, you can't buy a gift card with a gift card, it is probably the same at WDW. If staying on property, you can charge the gift card to your KTTW card and then apply the original gift card to your account balance at your resort.
If you are staying on property, you can buy it with your room key and then use your gift cards to help pay off your room charges. We have done this.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #29
LauraLouLovesPooh
Mouseketeer

Would anyone who is going mind picking one up for me? It would be much appreciated! I can PayPal you directly!
PaulLaura
LauraLouLovesPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #30
StillWorldlyWise
Earning My Ears

Please help me understand - other than the cuteness, how is this more convenient than charging to KTTW card (assuming RFID hasn't replaced them yet)?
StillWorldlyWise is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: