Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

shuttle pickup time Miami disembarkment

We are being picked up from the Miami port by QLS. What time should I request for pickup? I guessed at 10:00 a.m. but I think that may be later than what is needed. Our flight out of FLL is not until 1:00 p.m.

Thanks much!
Kate

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
mousemamma
Mouseketeer

I guess it depends on a lot of things. 1. If you have early breakfast. 2. Which character you have for disembarkation.

We just sailed on the Wonder in February. We had a late breakfast at 8:30 and were probably off the ship by 9:30/9:45. We had Mickey. They disembark the ship by character.

I'm not sure what time they started disembarkation. But I know we did not dock until 6:30 a.m.

So I guess to answer - if you had a late breakfast, 10 a.m. might be a perfect pickup time since you will also need to get your bags and clear customs in Miami. But if you have an early breakfast, you might want to get an earlier pickup.
mousemamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #3
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousemamma View Post
I guess it depends on a lot of things. 1. If you have early breakfast. 2. Which character you have for disembarkation.

We just sailed on the Wonder in February. We had a late breakfast at 8:30 and were probably off the ship by 9:30/9:45. We had Mickey. They disembark the ship by character.

I'm not sure what time they started disembarkation. But I know we did not dock until 6:30 a.m.

So I guess to answer - if you had a late breakfast, 10 a.m. might be a perfect pickup time since you will also need to get your bags and clear customs in Miami. But if you have an early breakfast, you might want to get an earlier pickup.

Many thanks! I think we will stay with the 10:00 pickup. We plan to eat at the buffet and do not mind waiting. I would not like to feel rushed, especially since we have plenty of time before our flights. I would rather wait for the shuttle than have the shuttle wait for us.

Kate

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: