Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #1336
Carlyzmom
AXIOM Crew Member
I see naked people all the time that are NOT pretty

I have booked a preferred room and don't have any special requests, so should I do the online check in?
1995 Disneyland Hotel - California
1997 Fort Wilderness
1998 Fort Wilderness
2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013 Port Orleans Riverside

Me DH DD 13 DS 11

Last edited by Carlyzmom; 03-14-2013 at 03:35 PM. Reason: edit
Old 03-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #1337
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlyzmom View Post
I have booked a preferred room and don't have any special requests, so should I do the online check in?
If your preferred, you will already be in the closest buildings to the main building, food court, and South Depot Bus Station. So that is up to you if you want to add anything.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #1338
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I didn't do the online check in and when I was there in the lobby the lines were just as long equally.
But there is much less work to be done for the online checkin folks (almost just pick up your Welcome Pack and go) so the line should move a lot quicker in theory. It does depend on how many CMs are available at the time of course.

But definitely do online checkin BEFORE sending any faxes - that way, any requests you make in your fax will take precedence over anything from the online form.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #1339
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

Requests

I know that requests are just that, requests but I wanted to see if this sounds like to much

room request for the Mansion Buildings (top floor, not near elevator or stairs), perhaps a corner room and one adjoining to it (since there are two groups in our party).

I really would like the Mansions but if we end up in AB, then so be it but I didn't think when I fax it wouldn't hurt to ask. Our original reservations made by our TA, have top floor, mansion bldgs as a request and didn't know if I should fax it again a few days before (we aren't going until the end of May but I am trying to get all of my ducks in a row.)

TIA
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 03-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #1340
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by germ539 View Post
I know that requests are just that, requests but I wanted to see if this sounds like to much

room request for the Mansion Buildings (top floor, not near elevator or stairs), perhaps a corner room and one adjoining to it (since there are two groups in our party).

I really would like the Mansions but if we end up in AB, then so be it but I didn't think when I fax it wouldn't hurt to ask. Our original reservations made by our TA, have top floor, mansion bldgs as a request and didn't know if I should fax it again a few days before (we aren't going until the end of May but I am trying to get all of my ducks in a row.)

TIA
That definitely doesn't sound like too much to me. I requested one more thing than that and still got it.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #1341
amybaud
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingDisny

You are not alone.. I think my husband is on Disney overload from me right now.. We are on spring break so I have had a lot of time to indulge myself with planning for the past few days.
Me too!! My husband grounded me! I can only talk about Disney once a week and on Fridays!

Me DH DS7

7/96 - CBR, 8/97 - off-site, 9/10 - AKL, 5/13 - POR
Old 03-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #1342
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

Thanks

I just don't want to be to "requesty" on stuff, I'm just happy that we can go (keeping fingers crossed), we had everything paid for last year and then ended up with medical issues/surgery with DS and had to cancel, luckily we had bought the insurance and got the majority of the money back. So we are knocking on wood and all that other stuff to hopefully get us to the end of May without any issues.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #1343
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
I just don't want to be to "requesty" on stuff, I'm just happy that we can go (keeping fingers crossed), we had everything paid for last year and then ended up with medical issues/surgery with DS and had to cancel, luckily we had bought the insurance and got the majority of the money back. So we are knocking on wood and all that other stuff to hopefully get us to the end of May without any issues.
Well my fingers crossed for you! You can request, whats the worst they say, "I am sorry we couldn't accommodate that but we got you this lovely room."
Old 03-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #1344
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

At least we're in Disney

I look at it this way, at least we're at Disney, we have a room, no matter where it will be at POR, just happy to be there.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #1345
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
I look at it this way, at least we're at Disney, we have a room, no matter where it will be at POR, just happy to be there.
Gooooooood Point!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #1346
jacobjennasmom
Earning My Ears

Question Weird Question!

I have a strange question...I read on here a day or two ago that the ac at POR is not the motion sensor kind like at ASM, where we stayed last year. My husband is a loud sleeper and my whole family sleeps with a (loud) fan running, no matter what the weather is. I am debating on bringing the fan with us (we are flying) because last year at ASM it was a nightmare with the fan turning on and off on the ac unit. Drove me nuts and I had to run my iphone all night with a white noise app playing. My quesiton is, are the fans on the ac units loud and do they run constantly? I don't want us to freeze either but just need to make sure we will have some sort of "fan" sound running and it not, I will try and figure out a way to pack ours into our luggage.

Thanks so much for the info! Everyone here is so helpful!

Old 03-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #1347
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Well I have heard that some say check in but don't put anything in the room request portion at the bottom that may conflict with your fax that's all.

I didn't do online check in for just in case.

About the two room part... Have both confirmation numbers on this fax and names of all staying, you know the details for them.
We just would like to have connecting rooms, upper floor, close to main building. I don't want to request room numbers bc would like them the have leeway to give the closest options rather than limit them. We have rgr gv booked.
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 03-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #1348
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
But there is much less work to be done for the online checkin folks (almost just pick up your Welcome Pack and go) so the line should move a lot quicker in theory. It does depend on how many CMs are available at the time of course.

But definitely do online checkin BEFORE sending any faxes - that way, any requests you make in your fax will take precedence over anything from the online form.

Andre
You two are the experts. So you suggest checking in now that I am in the 60 day window, then faxing at the 10 day mark? I notice Venom feels the other way. Is there a reason why one of you suggests faxing then chen in vs checkin before fax? We did online checkin last time and it was actually much quicker so we definitely want to do online checkin. Just very different advice so not sure which is best?

We will be there mid may. I know no one really knows but saw here people mentioned fastpass+ might be at POR by the time we go. Does one have to have done online checkin to take advantage of it? If so would that change the above advice in anyway? Sorry I ama type A planner. My DD has been sick a lot this year and has had a rough year. The girls have been begging to go back to disney so this trip is a birthday trip to them both. I am trying to make it really special.

One last question...our flight arrives 940am at mco on a monday. What drop is POR usually? What other resorts does ME usually drop off before POR? Realistically, what time would we be at the hotel? 11, 1130, 12? What time do you think we could make it over to the MK by?
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 03-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #1349
moparop
DIS Veteran

We are a family of 5 staying at POR for the first time. I am looking for suggestions to maximize storage space in our room. Since we are 5, I know the drawers under the Murphy bed will be challenging to use.

I read the ideas of the sweater hanger for the closet, and we always do a popup hamper. Is there storage under the bed?
Any other ideas? We are driving so packing practical pieces for the room should not be an issue.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #1350
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
We just would like to have connecting rooms, upper floor, close to main building. I don't want to request room numbers bc would like them the have leeway to give the closest options rather than limit them. We have rgr gv booked.
Good call, I agree!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: