Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #541
DISNEY CHICKIE
I'll be on the People Mover....
 
DISNEY CHICKIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 153

Paid in full!

SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!

Just made our last payment!!!!

See you in 2 months CR!!!!
__________________
ME DH DS (21) DD (3) ZOEY

1989 MAY - OFF-SITE VILLA - KISSIMMEE
2001 MAY - GROSVENOR RESORT
2005 APRIL - THE POLYNESIAN
2007 MAY - ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE

2009 JUNE - PORT ORLEANS - RIVERSIDE

2011 JUNE - ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE - SAVANNA VIEW
2012 JUNE - PORT ORLEANS - FRENCH QUARTER

2013 MAY - CONTEMPORARY RESORT - TOWER / BAY LAKE VIEW
2014 SEPT - CONTEMPORARY RESORT - TOWER / MK VIEW - OUR FIRST MNSSHP!!!



DISNEY CHICKIE is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 08:01 AM   #542
Hulles
Martian Mickey
 
Hulles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 72

Congrats! I just recently made my last payment as well, pretty close to the cut off date haha
Hulles is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-13-2013, 09:08 AM   #543
HokieKT
Earning My Ears
 
HokieKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 11

Any problems with elevator noise? I am going to request north and hopefully a room ending in x14 ( HA) as supposedly they are slightly larger.
__________________
HokieKT is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 11:02 AM   #544
Dani's First Time
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pottstown, PA
Posts: 81

Hi, CR fans. I am dreaming of my first stay in September and want to book prior to any possible free dining offers. We will only be there for 4 nights.

I need some suggestions on room requests. I will be booking a Garden room, standard view. I want to be close to the tower building and the walkway to MK. Do I want north or south? Low floor or high floor? Any thoughts are much appreciated!

I will be traveling by myself with a 7 yo and 5 yo. So excited!

Thanks,
Dani
Dani's First Time is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #545
NJRRK
DIS Veteran
 
NJRRK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Garfield, NJ
Posts: 2,423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani's First Time
Hi, CR fans. I am dreaming of my first stay in September and want to book prior to any possible free dining offers. We will only be there for 4 nights.

I need some suggestions on room requests. I will be booking a Garden room, standard view. I want to be close to the tower building and the walkway to MK. Do I want north or south? Low floor or high floor? Any thoughts are much appreciated!

I will be traveling by myself with a 7 yo and 5 yo. So excited!

Thanks,
Dani
Just an FYI, the standard view rooms are the first to go (there are less than 60). In saying that all the Standard View rooms are in the hallway close to the walkway to the tower. I like the first floor because you then have a patio. There are only 3 floors in the garden wing.
__________________
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving!"- Mame Dennis

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #546
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,921

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY CHICKIE View Post
Thank you so much for replying WDWKOOK!

And yes! We are so looking forward to the Electric Water Pageant as we have never seen it before! I am thinking that the BLT/CL is the way to go when DH and DD come along with us next year!


t I know you are probably told this daily, but I just have to say this CR thread is seriously the best! The up-to-date information along with the stunning pictures make planning for a CR/BLT stay so much easier! Thank you bunches for all your time and effort maintaining this thread!!!
Off topic?? Why I never consider a compliment off topic. I really appreciate your kind words, thank you - you made my day, DISNEY CHICKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by marybogue View Post
Does anyone know if there is any word on when the 4th floor observation deck will reopen? It's closed because of roof construction, right?
I don't know, but maybe someone who is there now or soon will ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiemarie21 View Post
Hi I just subbed this thread! It is very addicting, I really need to get through all the comments so I can get some housework done!

This July we will be staying at the CR (Garden Wing, Garden View) for the first time, actually it is our very first deluxe resort ever! This will be our first trip with DD and she will be 2 at our time of travel. Prior to having DD we always stayed in value or moderate resorts, but I know that we will be spending so much time in the room for naps/rest time. We will also be spending lots of time at MK as it is the best park for the toddler set, so the CR was very appealing! I have always dreamed of staying at one of the monorail resorts and I still can't hardly believe I get to do this!!! It is a dream come true for me! I will never forget my very first trip to WDW when I was 7 we rode the monorail all the way around (we stayed off site) and I was so impressed when we went through the middle of the CR, I remember thinking to myself "all the people who get to stay here are so lucky!"
Anyway I just wanted to stop in say "hi", and share my excitement for this very new experience with you all! I am finding this thread very informative and I will be following it closely as our trip gets closer. Thanks for all the info!
I'm so glad you've found the thread useful in planning your first Deluxe stay. That must have been so hard to ride the monorail around and not be able to stay onsite. You are all going to be in awe staying at the CR and being able to walk with your stroller right into the MK is amazing.

Did you make any Garden View room location requests? Are you going to book CM? You'll get lots of great photos with many of the characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynanacat View Post
I'm sure you will love it! I remember my dad taking us to wdw soon after it first opened back in the 70s. We stayed 2 nights in a gw I was around 8yo. We thought it was amazing! Now I take my granddaughters to wdw as often as I can. This coming trip will be my first time back to CR tho. So excited!
That's so cute that you stayed at CR as a child and now take your DGDs as often as you can. What wonderful memories. Do you have any vintage CR photos? It would be cute to show your DGD (and us)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
I just subscribed to this thread. We are booked for the end of Sept, our very first stay at the Contemporary CL. It's our first time at a monorail, too. We are very excited!
We always have room for one more! I didn't know this was your first monorail resort, you may be hooked after this stay. Is YC/CL or CR/CL first in the split-stay lineup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY CHICKIE View Post
SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!

Just made our last payment!!!!

See you in 2 months CR!!!!
Congratulations on being PIF (Paid in Full). Here's our little PIF guy for you:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulles View Post
Congrats! I just recently made my last payment as well, pretty close to the cut off date haha
Ooooo, you cut it close, but you get a PIF guy, too:



Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieKT View Post
Any problems with elevator noise? I am going to request north and hopefully a room ending in x14 ( HA) as supposedly they are slightly larger.
We were about two doors from the Otis and never heard a thing and I'm very noise sensitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani's First Time View Post
Hi, CR fans. I am dreaming of my first stay in September and want to book prior to any possible free dining offers. We will only be there for 4 nights.

I need some suggestions on room requests. I will be booking a Garden room, standard view. I want to be close to the tower building and the walkway to MK. Do I want north or south? Low floor or high floor? Any thoughts are much appreciated!

I will be traveling by myself with a 7 yo and 5 yo. So excited!

Thanks,
Dani
There is only one Garden Wing now, the North Garden Wing was demolished to build BLT. As NJRRK posted, all the STD View GW rooms are quite close to the walkway to the Tower. Most, if not all, face toward the GW parking lot with the monorail above. None of the GW rooms have a balcony, but if you don't mind having guests above you, NJRRK made a good suggestion of requesting a ground floor room so that you can sit out on your patio and the kids can easily go outside.

Let us know if you have any other questions

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 03-13-2013 at 02:58 PM.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #547
Duffy Lover
My Babies Love Their Disney Bears
 
Duffy Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northwest Colorado
Posts: 194

I love this thread! It makes me wish there was a BLT in my DVC owner's monorail in my signature....
__________________
Maggie - Mamma to "E" and "C" - DDs born in 2007 & 2009




CR '80 ** POLY '84 ** FW '91 ** POFQ '04~Last trip w/Gramps ** POP '07~E's 1st Trip ** GF & SOG '08~(Not My)Disney Wedding ** POFQ '08~BIG Family Vacation ** POP '09~Just the Girls ** BCV '10~1 Night @WDW ** OKW GV '11~C's 1st Trip ** BLT/OKW '12~Surprise For My Girls ** 2014 ~ BCV/OKW/VGF! A Two Week Grand Villa Extravaganza!! (Link to the Trip Report)
Duffy Lover is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #548
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy Lover View Post
I love this thread! It makes me wish there was a BLT in my DVC owner's monorail in my signature....
to your BLT/DVC home away from home
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 03:02 PM   #549
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran
 
Jackiemarie21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: MO
Posts: 730

WDWKOOK- yes we did book CM, its another first for us, and we are super excited to try it.

The only room request I made was a first floor, my DH wants a patio so he can sit outside and relax while we are waiting for DD for fall asleep (she won't go to sleep if she can see us in the room). Is there anything else you recommend we request?
Thanks so much!
Jackiemarie21 is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #550
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiemarie21 View Post
WDWKOOK- yes we did book CM, its another first for us, and we are super excited to try it.

The only room request I made was a first floor, my DH wants a patio so he can sit outside and relax while we are waiting for DD for fall asleep (she won't go to sleep if she can see us in the room). Is there anything else you recommend we request?
Thanks so much!
There are three possible view choices with a GV/GW room: Bay Lake, pool/grass and canal/trees. If ground floor is very important to you so that you and DH can "disappear" so that DD isn't popping up every three seconds to see what you're doing, then the fewer the requests, the more likely yours will be honored.

Make sure you take lots of photos at CM - it's a great photo op. Did you book breakfast or dinner? I've not tried dinner there yet, but the menu looks promising.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #551
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran
 
Jackiemarie21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: MO
Posts: 730

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
There are three possible view choices with a GV/GW room: Bay Lake, pool/grass and canal/trees. If ground floor is very important to you so that you and DH can "disappear" so that DD isn't popping up every three seconds to see what you're doing, then the fewer the requests, the more likely yours will be honored.

Make sure you take lots of photos at CM - it's a great photo op. Did you book breakfast or dinner? I've not tried dinner there yet, but the menu looks promising.
Having the patio is more important to us than the view at this point, so I will leave that as our only request, thanks!
We are doing CM for dinner. I think it looks pretty good. We aren't really big morning people so I thought we would enjoy it most at dinner. I will take tons of pics and come back here and share!
Jackiemarie21 is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #552
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiemarie21 View Post
Having the patio is more important to us than the view at this point, so I will leave that as our only request, thanks!
We are doing CM for dinner. I think it looks pretty good. We aren't really big morning people so I thought we would enjoy it most at dinner. I will take tons of pics and come back here and share!
I think just requesting a ground floor room is a good idea and we can't wait to see some of your CM photos!
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #553
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?
 
YCFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: NC
Posts: 2,484

I could not get either of the big suites for our entire stay at CR so I ended up booking 4 MKV CL rooms for July 18-21, 2014.
__________________
YCFAN is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 09:55 AM   #554
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,355

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
We always have room for one more! I didn't know this was your first monorail resort, you may be hooked after this stay. Is YC/CL or CR/CL first in the split-stay lineup?
Thanks for the welcome! We're doing CR/CL followed by YC/CL. We have to be near Epcot for start of Food and Wine.
I am so enjoying back reading this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
I could not get either of the big suites for our entire stay at CR so I ended up booking 4 MKV CL rooms for July 18-21, 2014.
Wow, it sounds like you are planning an amazing vacation!
__________________

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is online now  
Old 03-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #555
Vincent405
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: maryland
Posts: 187

Room Question

I admit I did not go through this whole thread, if I should or my question has been answered elsewhere, just let me know.

I am looking for room suggestions for the Contemporary. I am planning on either park view or lagoon. Like everyone else I would hope to get a "quiet" room, "good" (eye of the beholder I know) view, etc.

Thanks.
Vincent405 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: