Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #766
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

A room on an upper floor facing the YC parking lot would have a possibility of seeing MK fireworks.

That's odd that you would have "Woods View" as an option, since that would be considered a GV, not SV category. I wonder if Disney is using the same set of options for both categories.

I don't know. WDW website lists YC standard view as "Views of Garden, Rooftop or Parking Area". Maybe they're talking about the treed area between the YC and the bus stop/parking lot. If you're on a lower floor it could look "woodsy".
Old 03-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #767
beachmom14
Mouseketeer

April or May 2014

We're planning on going back to BCV next May but since my DD has 5th grade testing (no sure yet of dates but prior yrs were early weeks in May), I started looking into April. Easter is on the 20th next yr. How is the week after or even the last week in April be crowd wise?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #768
ella6599
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouskemom View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I would love to be added to the Be Our Guest list, but we're still not sure where we'll be staying. Maybe you guys can help. We'll be traveling down May 11-18 and are booked at the BC in a garden view room. We've recently had to revise our budget and are now considering POR for a savings of $1000 (or $800 if we book a preferred location).

We've been to the BC before and just love it, but we've never been to POR. There are 5 of us and we've always stayed deluxe. Has anyone stayed at both? What were your thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I'm not sure how useful my response will be, as I haven't stayed at POR (but have stayed at POFQ) and haven't stayed deluxe (but have stayed at the Dolphin).

We really enjoyed POFQ- the themeing is fun (as was what we saw of POR), and you can share resort amenities between POR and POFQ (like YC/BC). Rooms are nice, but motel style (outside corridors), and POR is HUGE! From what I remember POFQ gets buses first, so transportation could be a down side. There are rooms at the back of POR with trundles- we looked at that as an option when we were traveling with 5, but with 3 adults figured it was just 2 cramped and went with 2 rooms at POFQ. Your 4 year old could pretty comfortably use the trundle, from what I've heard. There are boats to DTD which are nice, otherwise, you're stuck with buses to get everywhere.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #769
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Is there more than one bank of elevators in the BC, I saw some by the quiet pool end but I'm sure I also saw some in the main lobby, perhaps I'm mistaken?
There are 2 separate sets of elevators, the set in front lobby & then 1 right near quiet pool. We stayed near quiet pool in 2011 & elevator was a few feet from our room. It was super convienent as we'd walk back from Epcot, walk past quiet pool into a back door which was right in front of elevator. We called it our secret enterance (it's diff that the secret enterance people show on here) as we didn't have to walk all the way down to lobby enterance. This was a great area to stay, we had great Boardwalk views from our room.

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Old 03-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #770
1coolnini
Mouseketeer

Just called WDW to make a final change to my reservations (added 2 more days of Park hoppers for the grand total of an extra $38.34....what a deal) and paid for my reservation in full. Sooooo, I am ready to go! Hurry up May 17th

Jan

10 day stay May 2013 (BC)
Old 03-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #771
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmom14 View Post
We're planning on going back to BCV next May but since my DD has 5th grade testing (no sure yet of dates but prior yrs were early weeks in May), I started looking into April. Easter is on the 20th next yr. How is the week after or even the last week in April be crowd wise?
The week after Easter is IMO just as crowded as the week before Easter (we've visited during that time 3 times -- they were all super crowded -- even some park closings). I'd think the week after (April 27th) will be much better. You can also tell by WDW pricing -- typically the week before and the week after Easter get "peak" pricing, just like xmas. I'd avoid those two weeks if you can. And if not, a good park plan works well, and the parks are open very late (so that helps a bit). Hope this helps!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 03-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #772
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
The week after Easter is IMO just as crowded as the week before Easter (we've visited during that time 3 times -- they were all super crowded -- even some park closings). I'd think the week after (April 27th) will be much better. You can also tell by WDW pricing -- typically the week before and the week after Easter get "peak" pricing, just like xmas. I'd avoid those two weeks if you can. And if not, a good park plan works well, and the parks are open very late (so that helps a bit). Hope this helps!
Week before is the worst and of course that's when Jeanne has spring break from where she teaches and is coming here.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #773
jemh628
Mouseketeer

I got my pin, I got my pin! Thank you Nannette!!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #774
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

beachmom14, I know we are probably in the minority here, but we LOVED the week after Easter last year. But that's because we were willing to wake up super early and get to those crazy EMHs, take an afternoon break by the pool after our lunch ADR (weather was beautiful) and then go to dinner in Epcot. We were able to accomplish far more at MK and DHS on those mornings than during value season when the parks open later and close earlier.

But again, that's because we were at the bus stop around 6am and the parks were nearly empty for 7am EMHs. It's hard for most people to get there that early, and many don't even try because the parks are also open late.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Old 03-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #775
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
There are 2 separate sets of elevators, the set in front lobby & then 1 right near quiet pool. We stayed near quiet pool in 2011 & elevator was a few feet from our room. It was super convienent as we'd walk back from Epcot, walk past quiet pool into a back door which was right in front of elevator. We called it our secret enterance (it's diff that the secret enterance people show on here) as we didn't have to walk all the way down to lobby enterance. This was a great area to stay, we had great Boardwalk views from our room.
Sounds like a great room, I guess you booked LV, I'm worried if I book GV and request to be close to elevators we'll get the tree, I'm sorry but I don't like the trees . I really want LV but after having to pay out a small fortune for root canal work last week and been told another tooth may need it there might not be enough pennies in the jar.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #776
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

If we rent Sea Raycers, are we limited to just Crescent Lake? Can we go under the bridge by the Dolphin and Swan and along the waterway that goes to HS?
Old 03-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #777
momom
Mouse Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by infopurposesonly View Post
If we rent Sea Raycers, are we limited to just Crescent Lake? Can we go under the bridge by the Dolphin and Swan and along the waterway that goes to HS?
You sure can. We have rented sea racers from the BC marina several times and love to head over to DHS and back. It is a fun little cruise over there.
6/1999-Wyndham Resort-Downtown Disney 6/2000-offsite 6/2001-Beach Club 7/2003-Beach Club 7/2005-Animal Kingdom Lodge 7/2006-Beach Club 7/2007-Beach Club 7/2008-Wilderness Lodge 7/2009-Beach Club 7/2010-Poly 7/2013-Beach Club

Old 03-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #778
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momom View Post
You sure can. We have rented sea racers from the BC marina several times and love to head over to DHS and back. It is a fun little cruise over there.
Thanks, Momom!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #779
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infopurposesonly
It's one of my favorite things to do in the area. It's wonderful seeing the Tower of Terror from your little sea racer!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #780
HARASW
DisneyWorld Addict

For the last few years, my family and I have been staying at the Boardwalk Inn club level and loved it so much that we swore we would never stay at any other on property resort. My son found such a good deal for a stay at Yacht Club, club level, that we couldn't turn it down.

I was wondering if someone could let me know some differences between the two resorts and their club levels.

Thanks!!
11/86 -Honeymoon-Off Property, 7/97-GF RPC, 7/98, 7/99, 7/00, 7/01, 7/02, 7/03, 7/04, 1/05 -GF SLC, 7/06, 7/07, 7/08 -WL CL,12/08 -BWI CL, 8/09-GF RPC, 7/10 - POLY CL, 5/11-BWI CL, 12/11-BWI CL, 6/12-BWI CL 10/12-BWI CL, 1/13-BWI CL, 8/13-BWI CL, 12/13-BWI CL, 6/14-BWI CL

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: