Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #556
cadale
Mouseketeer
 
cadale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 300

FigmentChick:

You will love OKW! We have stayed there twice in Bldg 62 which is up front within easy walking distance of the pool and the main bldgs. We had a 1 bedroom both times. The only downfall was that there is only one bathroom and it is only accessible through the master bedroom. Kinda of an odd arrangement but we made it work.

We had a room that overlooked one of the holes on the golf course. It was so quiet sitting on the balconey enjoying breakfast each morning. There is plenty of room. If I am correct OKW is the one with the biggest rooms.

The main restaurant Olivia's is excellant. There is also a little walk up take out place by the pool. There is a community hall to do crafts, play games or even rent DVD's.

There is a boat to DTD and bus service to everywhere else. The whole place is just very calming and the staff was wonderful. Enjoy your trip!
__________________
(DH) (Me) (DD) (DS) (DDIL)

2000: ASM, 2003: ASM, 2006: POR, 2007: CSR, 2008: POR,VWL, 2009: SSR, 2010: BLT, 2011: OKW (2), 2012: BLT, 2013: SSR, BLT/AK, 2014: BCV/SSR
cadale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #557
MommyRobot
noob.
 
MommyRobot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 15

*runs to abbreviation page and considers bookmarking it* Someday I'll be well versed in these abbreviations! maybe.

I know nothing about the different resorts, other than my very short research before I booked, but it looks and sounds awesome!!

I need to go find some more threads to reply to so I can have 10 posts and get in on the fb action!
__________________
Keep calm and plan Disney

MommyRobot, 27 DaddyRobot, 33 ShaneyRobot, 4

MommyRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-12-2013, 11:57 PM   #558
LaRosaLoca
Earning My Ears
 
LaRosaLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 29

Finally planning our trip to the world for my son's 10th birthday. Last time we stayed at WL, but now are looking at other options. We are trying to make this as cost-effective as we can, but both DH and I love staying at the resorts and want to make this a magical trip for our son. Looking at Nov. 13-19 possibly. His birthday is the 16th.
__________________

(Mama- age 36) (Papa - age 35) (DS-age 17) : (DS- age 11)
LaRosaLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #559
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfantotheend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,703

Welcome to all the new members!!! Sorry I have not been good about checking this threadat all. Been very busy. I try to keep up top date on the FB group though. Hope you all come and join us over there!!! Happy planning to everyone!!!!
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #560
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran
 
FigmentChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRosaLoca View Post
Finally planning our trip to the world for my son's 10th birthday. Last time we stayed at WL, but now are looking at other options. We are trying to make this as cost-effective as we can, but both DH and I love staying at the resorts and want to make this a magical trip for our son. Looking at Nov. 13-19 possibly. His birthday is the 16th.
My daughter's birthday is the 16th!!! She will be 14 this year and, yes, we are celebrating her birthday in Disney even though we won't be there on "the day". I'm being a horrible mom and making her wear the button.
__________________


Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #561
JillMSH
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Welcome to all the new members!!! Sorry I have not been good about checking this threadat all. Been very busy. I try to keep up top date on the FB group though. Hope you all come and join us over there!!! Happy planning to everyone!!!!
How do I get into the FB group?
__________________
JillMSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #562
Tinker326
DIS Veteran
 
Tinker326's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,523

I just found this!!!

We are in for November!!

11/8-11/11 - Running the 1/2 Wine & Dine with friends, staying at BCV

11/12-11/19- Family joins- staying at AKL Kidani

So excited to find this group & hopefully I can find the facebook group too!

Thanks!
Tinker326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #563
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfantotheend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,703

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillMSH View Post
How do I get into the FB group?
PM figmentchick your real name and something about your profile pic or something that will help her find you. Then she will friend you and send you an invite to the group.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #564
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran
 
FigmentChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326 View Post
I just found this!!!

We are in for November!!

11/8-11/11 - Running the 1/2 Wine & Dine with friends, staying at BCV

11/12-11/19- Family joins- staying at AKL Kidani

So excited to find this group & hopefully I can find the facebook group too!

Thanks!
Welcome aboard!!! I wll make sure I add everyone to the first post tomorrow.
__________________


Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:59 AM   #565
MCFADDEN5
MCFADDEN5
 
MCFADDEN5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sunderland, Ontario
Posts: 272

Add us to the list as well!!
We haven't booked just yet, the family is trying to decide where we want to stay. BC, YC or BW. We have stayed at BC and YC before, but DH is thinking of trying something new with the BW. I am just afraid that we will miss BC and YC area.
Our dates are confirmed for November 3-12, hoping to book soon and hope for a room discount code to be released in the summer!
__________________
DH: DW:: DD: : DS DS::
January 98, offsite, January 99, offsite,
January 01 offsite, Feb 04 Wilderness Campground,
Feb 07 Riverside,Feb 08 Frenchquarter and Grand Floridian,Dec 08 Yacht Club,
Feb 2010 Caribbean Beach, December 2010 Riverside, September 2011 Beach Club,
September 2012 Beach Club,
MCFADDEN5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:04 AM   #566
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran
 
FigmentChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCFADDEN5 View Post
Add us to the list as well!!
We haven't booked just yet, the family is trying to decide where we want to stay. BC, YC or BW. We have stayed at BC and YC before, but DH is thinking of trying something new with the BW. I am just afraid that we will miss BC and YC area.
Our dates are confirmed for November 3-12, hoping to book soon and hope for a room discount code to be released in the summer!


We like the BW, but not for the whole family.....hubby & I would stay there if it were just us.
__________________


Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #567
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran
 
momto2inKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,993

Joining in! We are booked at AoA Oct 26-Nov 3. This trip will be just me and the kids (16 and 15 when we go!). Our dates are tentative at the moment and might be changed to Thanksgiving week. We'll have to see how the kids handle their course schedule this fall to see if missing 4 days will work.
__________________
Jamie
5/05 Pop, 12/06 POFQ, 9/07 Pop, 9/08 All Star Movies, 4/09 CBR/AKV/Disney Wonder, 12/11 Pop, 11/13 All Star Music/All Star Sports, 11/14 CSR, 1/15 Pop
momto2inKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #568
Strawberry's mom&dad
DIS Veteran
 
Strawberry's mom&dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Eatonville,Wa
Posts: 679

Cruise and Run

We are taking a Carnival cruise 11/3-11/7 and then to Disney 11/7-11/12. Mom is running the 1/2 and dad may run the 5K or maybe just cheer mom on. We need to wait until 4/7 to book our DVC room at a host hotel so we will provide that info later. Our daughter (Strawberry) may join use depending on her work schedule.
__________________
me DH DD

Strawberry's mom&dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #569
Tinker326
DIS Veteran
 
Tinker326's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry's mom&dad View Post
We are taking a Carnival cruise 11/3-11/7 and then to Disney 11/7-11/12. Mom is running the 1/2 and dad may run the 5K or maybe just cheer mom on. We need to wait until 4/7 to book our DVC room at a host hotel so we will provide that info later. Our daughter (Strawberry) may join use depending on her work schedule.
Hi! I'm running the 1/2 too!!!
Tinker326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #570
Three cats
DIS Veteran
 
Three cats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 984

We changed our dates and resort.....we will be at the WL November 16th-23rd. Decided to fly instead of drive which I am sooo happy about! 247 days....yikes! Seems so far away!


Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
__________________
12/12 Saratoga Springs
11/13 Port Orleans Riverside
11/14 Yacht Club
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: