Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #13
gilesmt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceesmom View Post
I hadn't heard that prior military could stay at SOG in Sept and Jan. My husband was in the Navy, but did not retire from the Navy. He did 4 years before going to college. Where can I find information about this option. It might just be a good excuse to make a Sept. or Jan. bonus trip.
If you go under there web site and call the reservation number they can tell you. I read it all the time on the military sites that it is still an option, although I have noticed that last year they took it off the main SoG site. On military sites it tells you how to get a copy of a dd214, that is all you need to have to get the room in sept and jan, and in sept it was 40% off, but I see it is now only 30% off, I think as it fills up it gives less of a discount. I know for a fact that you can do this, because we stayed this way in the past, but then ex got 100% disabled and he now fits under that, so it can be done and we stayed jan and there was like a 50% off sale, so we paid something like $37 for a room, but that was years ago.

As for tickets, you can buy the military tickets, not the salute tickets, because you would not qualify, but you can buy the discounted military tickets, the ones without tax, if you go during the months of sept and jan.

I will try to find the military site, but if you call they will let you book in sept and jan, you will need a dd214 upon check in, and right now the rooms for 5 are going for about $75 depending on your rank, it may be cheaper in jan. since you missed some of the good discounts in sept.
gilesmt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: