Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #916
jenna7394
Earning My Ears

Helicopter Tour in Juneau - Looking for 2 others to join our family

We just booked a special helicopter tour through Coastal Helicopters for the Juneau stop on 6/7. This tour is a 3-1/2 tour that consists of a helicopter ride to have an hour long dogsled experience AND a 20 minute landing on an icefield. Normally, companies only offer one or the other. In order for us to be guaranteed the icefield landing, all riders in the helicopter have to agree. There are only 4 in our family (my DH and I plus our 2 very well behaved boys, 12 & 14) and the helicopter seats 6. The total cost per person would be $545. If you or someone you know would be interested in joining our family for this tour, please PM me and I can give you more information. We would love to know we are guaranteed both landings! Without finding others on our own we are only guaranteed to do the dogsled.

Last edited by jenna7394; 03-14-2013 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Hit send before finished
jenna7394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #917
TwingleMomFl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna7394 View Post
We just booked a special helicopter tour through Coastal Helicopters for the Juneau stop on 6/7. This tour is a 3-1/2 tour that consists of a helicopter ride to have an hour long dogsled experience AND a 20 minute landing on an icefield. Normally, companies only offer one or the other. In order for us to be guaranteed the icefield landing, all riders in the helicopter have to agree. There are only 4 in our family (my DH and I plus our 2 very well behaved boys, 12 & 14) and the helicopter seats 6. The total cost per person would be $545. If you or someone you know would be interested in joining our family for this tour, please PM me and I can give you more information. We would love to know we are guaranteed both landings! Without finding others on our own we are only guaranteed to do the dogsled.
We also booked with them and are doing the same tour. If you get a group of 12 together they will give you a discount. Luckily,we have enough to get the discount and a private tour!
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #918
jenna7394
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info. I would love to get 12 together for a discount but at this point I am just hoping for 2 more to fill the helicopter! Maybe we will see you up there!
Old 03-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #919
TwingleMomFl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I would love to get 12 together for a discount but at this point I am just hoping for 2 more to fill the helicopter! Maybe we will see you up there!
Let me know how it is when you come back! We go in July. I can't wait to hear your review!
Old 03-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #920
jenna7394
Earning My Ears

I will definitely let you know!
Old 03-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #921
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcaPotter View Post
For folks who did their own thing in Ketchikan, where are the cool things to see/do that are cheap and/or locally owned? I want to support the local shops, not cruise line owned ones.
Definitely! We are planning to just do our own thing in Ketchikan so I would love to hear ideas. I like the hole in the wall type places.
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12

Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #922
Plucker001
Mouseketeer

Fishing in August?

We will be on the Wonder in August and my Dad really wants to go fishing. I assume it would be salmon fishing? If so, does anyone have any recommendations? Particular ports or excursions?

TIA!
WDW Commando Member #59
Plucker001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #923
jenna7394
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plucker001 View Post
We will be on the Wonder in August and my Dad really wants to go fishing. I assume it would be salmon fishing? If so, does anyone have any recommendations? Particular ports or excursions?

TIA!
We booked the Salmon fishing through DCL. We looked into booking on our own but the company I had seen good reviews on actually does the tour for DCL. We are doing this in Ketichan at the beginning of June. I can let you know how it went when we get back if you would like.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:35 AM   #924
Meghanabc
Earning My Ears

Ketchikan excursions

Hi.... We just booked our Skagway excursion with Chilkoot and we are looking at the heli/mush tours for Juneau. No ideas for Ketchikan yet though. We will have my parents with us on that day so we are looking to do some fun excursions but nothing too over the top! They dont want to do any sort of sea plane/helicopter tour. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Meghanabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:20 AM   #925
Plucker001
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We booked the Salmon fishing through DCL. We looked into booking on our own but the company I had seen good reviews on actually does the tour for DCL. We are doing this in Ketichan at the beginning of June. I can let you know how it went when we get back if you would like.

That would be great if you happen to remember! DIS'ers are the best!
WDW Commando Member #59
Plucker001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #926
AZMermaid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghanabc View Post
Hi.... We just booked our Skagway excursion with Chilkoot and we are looking at the heli/mush tours for Juneau. No ideas for Ketchikan yet though. We will have my parents with us on that day so we are looking to do some fun excursions but nothing too over the top! They dont want to do any sort of sea plane/helicopter tour. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
We are doing the Winlderness Exploration and Crab Feast. It is on the DCL site, the last one down. It gets pretty good reviews on Trip Advisor but I haven't read too many people from here who have done it.

AZMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #927
katiefried
Earning My Ears

Sorry if I've missed this in a previous post, but does anyone know if its possible to do a flight seeing tour over Glacier Bay National Park, maybe from Juneau? I've been searching online and keep seeing references to that but nothing specific. I think DCL is going to be our best bet since our son will have just turned 3 when we hope to go (5/2014), but I'm a little disappointed they don't sail through the National Park. On that note any good stories about Tracy Arm would be appreciated too
katiefried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #928
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiefried
Sorry if I've missed this in a previous post, but does anyone know if its possible to do a flight seeing tour over Glacier Bay National Park, maybe from Juneau? I've been searching online and keep seeing references to that but nothing specific. I think DCL is going to be our best bet since our son will have just turned 3 when we hope to go (5/2014), but I'm a little disappointed they don't sail through the National Park. On that note any good stories about Tracy Arm would be appreciated too
I know I have seen these offered from Skagway. I can't recall the company but if you do a search I am positive that there are some independents who fly there
meajuly5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #929
katiefried
Earning My Ears

Thank you meajuly5! I guess I was just looking at the wrong town, oops! You are right, when I switched my google search from Juneau to Skagway Glacier Bay flights I found several! Definitely going to keep this in mind! Would love to hear from anyone who's done a flight over GBNP!
katiefried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:13 PM   #930
scrapycruiser
DIS Veteran

Gathering info for our Alaska cruise 2014 !
Thanks everyone !

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: