Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #976
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Oh yes, I'm reading that one too. Loving that just as much.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #977
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
Oh yes, I'm reading that one too. Loving that just as much.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 07:54 AM   #978
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I loved being some of the last ones off the ship! It made it all just so much easier and relaxing. Poor Chris though, that was stressful for her.

In Grand Cayman it was the Destiny:

How cool that you watched us pull into port! I can see why it was exciting and interesting! I love that you got the Triumph on film doing it too. Our ship was better...MUCH better.

And oy, that disembarkation was a MESS. It took Shelly quite a while to get back to the rental too. I'm glad I got to see you and Lisa in the airport before we left!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #979
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I loved being some of the last ones off the ship! It made it all just so much easier and relaxing. Poor Chris though, that was stressful for her.

In Grand Cayman it was the Destiny:

How cool that you watched us pull into port! I can see why it was exciting and interesting! I love that you got the Triumph on film doing it too. Our ship was better...MUCH better.

And oy, that disembarkation was a MESS. It took Shelly quite a while to get back to the rental too. I'm glad I got to see you and Lisa in the airport before we left!
Yes, I believe I read the Destiny was having flooding issues in some of the staterooms during that time too.

It was such a fun trip! I do hope we can make it work again in the future. I am slightly addicted to cruising now!
Old 03-13-2013, 04:05 PM   #980
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Yes, I believe I read the Destiny was having flooding issues in some of the staterooms during that time too.

It was such a fun trip! I do hope we can make it work again in the future. I am slightly addicted to cruising now!
I think I remember hearing that too, now that you say it! Ugh.

It was!!! We HAVE to make it work this fall again! I would love to do a Dream 4-night with you ladies!!! We are addicted too, even Henry.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #981
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I think I remember hearing that too, now that you say it! Ugh.

It was!!! We HAVE to make it work this fall again! I would love to do a Dream 4-night with you ladies!!! We are addicted too, even Henry.
I would love to do any cruise. I have to see how it all works, but my Mother is putting the pressure on me that she wants to sail Alaska. She has mentioned it more than once now. I think it will depend on rates and maybe waiting till next summer.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #982
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I was on the Destiny in May, quite possibly one of the worst ships EVER! You could smell the garbage, the AC in my friends room was broken, I am pretty sure the carpet was older than me. I think the distillation system was not working either, my ankles swelled so badly and that did not happen on my 8 day NCL cruise, I was only on the destiny for 4 days. I was on a chartered cruise so I had no choice, but I will never sail Carnival again on my own free will.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #983
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
I was on the Destiny in May, quite possibly one of the worst ships EVER! You could smell the garbage, the AC in my friends room was broken, I am pretty sure the carpet was older than me. I think the distillation system was not working either, my ankles swelled so badly and that did not happen on my 8 day NCL cruise, I was only on the destiny for 4 days. I was on a chartered cruise so I had no choice, but I will never sail Carnival again on my own free will.
LOL And the Carnival Dream is having issues today and that ship is fairly new.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #984
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL And the Carnival Dream is having issues today and that ship is fairly new.
During my lunch hour, I read that they are not leaving port and will be flying everybody back to Florida.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #985
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
During my lunch hour, I read that they are not leaving port and will be flying everybody back to Florida.
Yes, I read that too. I am wondering with all these Carnival issues, if it will now be mandatory to have a passport for cruising soon.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #986
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, I read that too. I am wondering with all these Carnival issues, if it will now be mandatory to have a passport for cruising soon.
I wondered that as well. I also wondered two other things: 1) will it possibly make the price of cruising go down because everybody will be scared to cruise; or, 2) will it make the other cruise lines prices go up because nobody wants to book with Carnival.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 03-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #987
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
I wondered that as well. I also wondered two other things: 1) will it possibly make the price of cruising go down because everybody will be scared to cruise; or, 2) will it make the other cruise lines prices go up because nobody wants to book with Carnival.
Probably number 2. Sadly
Old 03-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #988
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Probably number 2. Sadly
That's what I'm worried about. I've been watching the Disney cruise prices for 2014 and, so far, they haven't changed.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #989
Majordis
Mouseketeer

Hi Jen,

I really love your trip reports!! Coming out of lurkdom to tell you I bought those crocs in February at Mouse Gear in Epcot. They are very comfortable
Majordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #990
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
That's what I'm worried about. I've been watching the Disney cruise prices for 2014 and, so far, they haven't changed.
yeah, those won't go down, but as it gets closer they may offer a special like kids sail free or something along those lines or a guarantee rate. Disney prety much never goes down for the regular rates though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordis View Post
Hi Jen,

I really love your trip reports!! Coming out of lurkdom to tell you I bought those crocs in February at Mouse Gear in Epcot. They are very comfortable
I am so jealous. I just hate my big giant feet!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: