Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 12:46 AM   #751
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njprincess601 View Post
I just did my 60 day check in today for the Yacht Club... Should I be concerned that I never got a confirmation email?
Could you tell us what your options were for requests with the 60 day check in?

I've done the regular on line check in, and never got a confirmation e mail. I don't know if anyone else has?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 Poly
Old 03-14-2013, 01:35 AM   #752
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M

Congrats Wookie on booking your BC stay! I would list my pref in order of importance.
We had a GV room and my most important thing was the balcony, so that was my only request. We got a great room close to the elevators by Marketplace. Great location.
Thank you. The main problem is the location is my DH's main priority and a dull balcony is mine. I guess, I'll put my DH's first since he agreed to go back, even after saying this past June that we wouldn't go back for at least 10 years.

Would I have a better chance of getting both request if I check in at 60 days or wait until we arrive?

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 05:16 AM   #753
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Thank you. The main problem is the location is my DH's main priority and a dull balcony is mine. I guess, I'll put my DH's first since he agreed to go back, even after saying this past June that we wouldn't go back for at least 10 years.

Would I have a better chance of getting both request if I check in at 60 days or wait until we arrive?

Love your screen name by the way!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

I'm honestly not sure if you have a better chance of getting your requests by checking in early or not, but I believe (someone correct me if I am wrong), that rooms are "assigned" a few days to a week before you arrive. I don't think the assigners can totally block your room until it is closer to your stay.

Our traditional advice here has been to wait until you arrive to check in so you can discuss the location of your room and whether it has a full balcony, and politely ask if something else is available if your requests haven't been met

But...

If the resort is pretty full (which seems to be the case frequently) or

If lots of people have done advanced check-in (which I also think is happening more frequently)

Not to mention some of the advantages of checking in early that may be coming down the road.

Maybe it is a good idea to check in early.

I have been trying to figure out whether the advisory to wait should be changed or if it is still a decent recommendation.

I am a conflicted soul!!!

Did that help???
Old 03-14-2013, 05:38 AM   #754
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

As long as your requests are phoned in and added to your reservation, doing online check-in has zero affect on whether you get your requests met.

I really wish they would change the name of the "Online Check-In" to something that better describes what it is you're actually doing. Such as "Online Pre-registration". That really is what you're doing. You are confirming your information, providing a credit card for room charging priveledges, and giving them a rough estimate of when you will arrive so they can have your paperwork ready for you.

The room assigner will get your reservation about 4-5 days prior to your arrival. They will look at any requests you have made, either via "Online Pre-registration" or via phone, and assign you a room.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:43 AM   #755
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Could you tell us what your options were for requests with the 60 day check in?

I've done the regular on line check in, and never got a confirmation e mail. I don't know if anyone else has?
When I did on line check in for YC about a month ago, I actually didn't have any options. I thought it was because maybe I'm staying CL, so that really narrows down where we will be, but my BFF who is going too (staying GV) did not have any options either.

There is no confirmation email either. I just printed off the screen that says on line check in complete. HTH!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 03-14-2013, 05:43 AM   #756
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Is there more than one bank of elevators in the BC, I saw some by the quiet pool end but I'm sure I also saw some in the main lobby, perhaps I'm mistaken?
Old 03-14-2013, 06:49 AM   #757
Mouskemom
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info On POR SueM. The more I look at pictures the more I'm convinced that it may be worth a little extra sacrifice to make the beach club work. Btw- last time we stayed at BC we had a room on the fit floor in the volleyball courtyard. It was just a few steps from the marketplace and we loved it! Were you along that same little hallway, but higher up? How's the view up there? I'm thinking of requesting that same location for May.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Wilderness Lodge - Dec 2007
Polynesian - Nov 2009
Beach Club - May 2013
Old 03-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #758
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouskemom View Post
2 - Is there a resort specific site for the Beach Club? Kind of like portorleans.org for the Port Orleans resort.
The closest thing I've found is this one that only includes BCV (although that's not the only purpose of the site). And there's not much there other than floor plans, room plans, and a few room view photos.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back

Future Plans:
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 03-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #759
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay View Post
I totally agree. I did NOT enjoy buying airfare this year. Almost opted for the Auto Train but can't add the time to our trip this year. My account at work is almost quadrupling in size and our team is going from 3 nurses to 8 nurses

But, while in WDW I will NOT be thinking about WORK!
I'm stuck taking the auto train again. DH enjoys it. He never asks for anything and just goes along with my vacation plans, so this is where I compromise. It's not as clean as it used to be, and the food quality has gone down, but we do save money over flying.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #760
Angeejoe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieT3 View Post
Pool is nothing compared to SAB, but my kids still enjoy it. It was a little too cold for me this trip, though!

We have always thought the boat to MK was wonderful, and it usually goes direct to MK and back (there is a big boat and small boat that run simultaneously, so it is never usually more than 10 minutes before a boat arrives). Four some reason, there were times that WL and Ft. wilderness were sharing a big boat to MK. It was kind of a mess when that happened. At one point, the boat was returning from MK, with the first stop at WL. The boat was full and Nobody got off, as they were all going to ft. Wilderness, so none of the people at WL could get on that boat to go to MK. We ended up ditching the boat at that point and heading over to the bus. Anyway, in all of my stays there, this has never happened, so hopefully, it wont be a common issue.
Thanks JulieT3!!! I love how well boats run at BC/YC, so it made me curious about WL. Are you going to post a trip report? I'd love to read it if you do!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #761
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Good news and bad news. Good news is I booked 4 YC LV CL rooms for July 21-26, 2014. Bad news is my dreams of the Presidential Suite all went up in flames!!!! Called 499 days out and the Presidential is not available. I even tried changing my week and I still couldn't get it. I've never been so disappointed when booking a trip. I could get the Admiral Suite but if I'm going to actually pay that much money then I don't want to have to take something I really don't want (going up and down on the elevator to the lounge and the portholes for windows). Deep breath...... Couldn't get a suite at the Contemporary either!! I'm trying to spend money and Disney is not cooperating!!

Robyn: this means we're going to have one HECK of an Illuminations party!!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #762
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
Good news and bad news. Good news is I booked 4 YC LV CL rooms for July 21-26, 2014. Bad news is my dreams of the Presidential Suite all went up in flames!!!! Called 499 days out and the Presidential is not available. I even tried changing my week and I still couldn't get it. I've never been so disappointed when booking a trip. I could get the Admiral Suite but if I'm going to actually pay that much money then I don't want to have to take something I really don't want (going up and down on the elevator to the lounge and the portholes for windows). Deep breath...... Couldn't get a suite at the Contemporary either!! I'm trying to spend money and Disney is not cooperating!!

Cannot wait! We'll be there with bells on!!!!

I don't blame you for not taking the other suite. If you are spending that much money it should be exactly what you want. I'm sure you'll be able to figure out plenty of places to spend that extra money!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 03-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #763
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Sweeping the Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
I don't know if anyone has seen the orbitz deal thread, but I just rebooked our ressie. Didn't get money back b/c there are no GV rooms available, but was able to save enough thru orbitz that I switched us to arrival night ONLY at YC GV (BC still unavailable) and kept it thru WDW directly using spring promo as a package with our 8 day tix...$1729. Then booked the last 8 nights at BC water view room only for $2696 thru the orbitz deal! So I ended up spending the exact same amount as our previously booked YC/BC all GV split but now we don't have to change rooms mid-trip AND we get WV for our 8 nights at BC!!

Super excited!

I'll make the adjustment to your listing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
After much back and forth, we are booked for end of Sept! Doing a split stay, last half YC/GV CL. Can't wait to get back to SAB!
back

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Which resort are you splitting with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTaylorsMom View Post
So excited. I was finally able to add another night at our beloved BC to our April stay. We are now arriving on the 12th instead of the 13th! I wanted to do this a month ago, but there were no GV rooms available with the discount. But I kept checking back and finally found availability yesterday! Nw we will be able to relax, settle in and enjoy the resort more!

What are some of your favorite evening resort things to do?
I'll make the adjustment.

We are usually at a park in the evenings, but a night time swim or going to the campfire or movie might be nice. Going over the Boardwalk is another idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post

and

back!

I am so sorry that you didn't get the reservation at the Presidential Suite! Is there a waiting list or anything?

I am glad to hear that you booked some rooms though.

I am thrilled to be adding you to the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
I have a question about room requests. I have a standard view booked at the YC. I know that I won't have a good view. But are are there some areas that are better than others? As long as I'm not overlooking a dumpster I'll be happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
Never mind. I see that I can request a Woods View with online check-in. Hopefully if that's my only request I'll get it.

Of course in all of my trips to WDW I only recall getting my request once. So I won't hold my breath. LOL OTOH we've always been able to get into our room hours before check-in time. So I'll take the good with the bad.
A room on an upper floor facing the YC parking lot would have a possibility of seeing MK fireworks.

That's odd that you would have "Woods View" as an option, since that would be considered a GV, not SV category. I wonder if Disney is using the same set of options for both categories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post
Its official. Christmas-new years is so much more tolerable than spring break. This is ridiculous.

Sorry to hear that!

Hope today is a better day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
I just had a thought / question about the 60 day online check-in...

Our reservation is room only, and the cancellation policy says that you must cancel 5 days prior to your arrival date to get a refund of any deposits.

If you check in at the 60 day mark and then have to cancel for whatever reason, is that still OK? ie: Can you cancel and get your deposit back even though you've already "checked in"?

I'm guessing you could still cancel, but I wouldn't want to be surprised and find out otherwise.
Don't know the answer, but I would be the same as under the previous situation (10 day advance checkin, 5 day cancelation penalty policy). Still don't know the answer though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Is there more than one bank of elevators in the BC, I saw some by the quiet pool end but I'm sure I also saw some in the main lobby, perhaps I'm mistaken?
I know for sure there is a bank of elevators (3 operational, 1 a false front) in between the lobby and The Marketplace.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #764
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Dee, Thanks for the welcome and thanks also for all the work you do on this thread!
We're doing a CR CL/YC GV CL split, end of Sept. So happy to be back in planning mode.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #765
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Ooooh! I know, I know!! Pick Meeeeeee!!

Yes! There is a bank of elevators by the (keep it) quiet pool! If you go in through the Beach Club, room 1501, (not so) secret entrance/exit you will walk by these elevators on the way to the lobby and you will pass by the "Famous Fish Lamp" (FFL in Dis Speak).

This fish lamp serves as an icon that you are almost there (the lobby) and are on the right path. When I passed by on my December stay there was a tour bus group that was posing with and taking pictures of the fish lamp. Apparently buses leave from Downtown Disney every 45 minutes filled with tourists just waiting to see this lamp. Rumor has it there is a woman on Etsy who is making Play doh replicas of the lamp and selling them for outrageous prices.

Whoop, whoop!! Beach Club Bonus! This elevator is also located very near the ground floor door to the BC (keep it) quiet pool so if your room is near that end of the resort you don't have to hump through the lobby in your wet bathing suit. Old Ninja Mom got to grace the lobby on the way back to her Club level room with her drippy self one night when I went to use the hot tub at the quiet pool after Storm Along Bay closed for the evening. I tried to use those elevators to get back to the 5th floor but the buttons only went up to 4 so I'm assuming there is no connection between the Club level rooms and the (Keep it) Quiet pool elevator.

~NM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: