Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 11:04 AM   #16
Jazzy B Bunny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiseyirl View Post
I think it depends on the parents tbh. If there into it the kids prob will. I dont like disney i never have even as a child. I go coz my kids want to, dont get me wrong i enjoy been there but id never go without them. I dont actually know any adults who do, everyone would be like me they go for the kids and most would only go once or twice. Dd1 is 7.5 and none of her friends would still like disney and she is from a class of 35. Dd2 is 6 and still luvs princess ect but i stiil reckon this will be the last yr for her too.
I'm nearly 23, I'm excited! My friend and I have both have no children. Don't need children to go. I guess you wouldn't bother if you didn't like it though. Just like I wouldn't go on a 'beach holiday' as the thought of lying on a beach all day bores the soul out of me
Old 03-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #17
daiseyirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy B Bunny View Post
I'm nearly 23, I'm excited! My friend and I have both have no children. Don't need children to go. I guess you wouldn't bother if you didn't like it though. Just like I wouldn't go on a 'beach holiday' as the thought of lying on a beach all day bores the soul out of me

oh im not saying it just for kids, i do enjoy been there just to see the kids faces but id enjoy anywhere there happy if you get me. I know there is plenty of adults who actually love disney with kids or not, this forum as open my eyes up to that fact lol!!
My point was i think if the parents didnt have a love of disney most kids out grown it at 7/8. If their parents love it they will prob love going back well past 7/8. We always go on beach hols but never go to the beach lol!! We go for the weather and getting to spend everyday in the water. I havnt gone on my type of holiday in 8yrs , oh the joys of having kids lol!!
daiseyirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #18
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Location: sur les cases bleues du monopoly -1 mile from Disneyland Paris

That makes me laugh when people go on about being bored on beach holidays.

We go on beach holidays and would never be spending all day on the beach.

We enjoy the sun but we visit lots of places (villages, musuems, parks and gardens etc etc)

When it gets really hot we stay in the shade near the pool and then late afternoon head off again.

I think the only real time we spend on the beach is early morning ( a walk or a swim) and early/late evening again for a walk/swim or a drink and a meal.

I'd have never gone to Disneylike I have if we hadn't moved near to it. That's why Florida doesn't interest me in the slightest it's not my idea of a holiday.

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #19
moorhunhe
Mouseketeer

I don't have kids, and I keep going, I go for me, hehe :D
And I'll be 30 this year.

DLRP 15x
moorhunhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #20
JustJonathan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiseyirl View Post
I think it depends on the parents tbh. If there into it the kids prob will. I dont like disney i never have even as a child. I go coz my kids want to, dont get me wrong i enjoy been there but id never go without them. I dont actually know any adults who do, everyone would be like me they go for the kids and most would only go once or twice. Dd1 is 7.5 and none of her friends would still like disney and she is from a class of 35. Dd2 is 6 and still luvs princess ect but i stiil reckon this will be the last yr for her too.
As a 25 year old guy, I can say I disagree... I love the place, takes me away from everything that's horrible about the world these days and I'm a Disney addict, always will be.

Disneyland Resort Paris @ Hotel Cheyenne for 4 nights in 2014 - Cast: Me & Mum in June
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Hotel Cheyenne for 4 nights in 2014 - Cast: Me & two friends (one a first timer!) in February
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 6 nights in 2013 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (11) at Christmas in December Golden Forest Room!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights in 2013 - Cast: Me & Mum in June Golden Forest Room!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 6 nights in 2012 - Cast: Me, Mum, Sister and a well-aged friend! at Christmas in November/December
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 Nights in 2012 - Cast: Me & A friend's first visit on my first Halloween trip in October!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 Nights in 2012 - Cast: Me & Mum in June
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 5 nights in 2011 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (9) at Christmas in November/December
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 3 nights in 2011 - Cast: Me & Mum for my 24th Birthday in May!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights in 2010 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (8) at Christmas in November/December
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights in 2010 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (8) in our First Family Trip in May!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 3 nights in 2008 - Cast: Me & Friend in My First Trip in March!
JustJonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #21
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiseyirl

I just pretend it's for the kids. I do dream of going only with DH. I'm so into Disney, have always been. So are my kids.
But I do realise one thing: if Disney doesn't mean anything to you, the parks won't do

April, 2014 SF; March, 2013, SL; Marc, 2012, HNY; March, 2011, HNY
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #22
Happy Tappy
Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A pirates life for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJonathan View Post
As a 25 year old guy, I can say I disagree... I love the place, takes me away from everything that's horrible about the world these days and I'm a Disney addict, always will be.
I'm a 29 year old bloke (and quite a blokey bloke at that!) and I feel exactly the same.

I have kids now but have been going pretty much every year since I started holidaying without my parents.

It's a chance to relive your childhood and escape the evils of the real world. When I walk through the turnstile all my worries disappear and I'm a kid again. I don't get that feeling anywhere else in the world.

I also love a good beach holiday!
Happy Tappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:28 PM   #23
charlottek1980
Earning My Ears

Me & my dh love disney and we're 32 & 31! We would love to do a trip, just us 2 bu with 7 children aged from 13 down to 6 months, it'll be a while before that's going to happen lol. Our eldest is now getting a bit not wanting to go, the others were all excited about our latest trip but he was more like 'oh, ok then'!
We've done beachy holidays too and the children enjoy them, but not as exited as when disney is mentioned!
Nov 08 Magic Circus
Mar 09 Magic Circus
Aug 09 Adagio Aparthotel
Mar 10 Newport Bay
Mar 12 Hotel New York
June 13 Sequoia Lodge
charlottek1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #24
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Well I'm 47 and female and I'm in total agreement with the guys here. I love it and like other adults who have posted on here, if ever it gets to the stage where my family don't want to come I'll go on my own. It's pure escapism, when I walk through those gates, it's just like the bit in Mary Poppins where they jump into the pavement. I'm in a different world where there are no emails faxes mobiles or demanding people, bliss.

BTW I do like beach holidays too !
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #25
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillrobinson View Post
Well I'm 47 and female and I'm in total agreement with the guys here. I love it and like other adults who have posted on here, if ever it gets to the stage where my family don't want to come I'll go on my own. It's pure escapism, when I walk through those gates, it's just like the bit in Mary Poppins where they jump into the pavement. I'm in a different world where there are no emails faxes mobiles or demanding people, bliss.

BTW I do like beach holidays too !
Yep, I'll be going solo too when/if I no longer have any family kids who want to tag along to DLP with me .

I do also agree with daisyirl's previous point though - I'm the Disney fanatic in my family, and among my friends/colleagues. No-one else gets it the way I do, no-one else would even consider visiting a Disney park as many times as I want to. Because of that my DD is a Disney nut, far more than her friends, or my family kids, are. If I don't take my littlest niece with us to DLP in a couple of years time, she won't be going, because my brother, her Dad, just doesn't get it at all. Its okay not to get it, to like other things, and not like Disney - we really are the minority you know guys .

My brother-in-law just rolls his eyes at me when I encourage my DD and nieces to "live in a Disney bubble" - but its a nice place to live !
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun, December 14 HNY
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #26
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

My parents are the ones to blame! They'd been to both WDW and DL and persuaded us to take our DDs ..... not that we needed much persuading as both DH and I had always longed to go ..... we just needed to be able to afford it! However I don't think any of us realised quite how much we'd be bitten by the bug!

BTW, I'm happy to go anywhere on holiday! This summer's holiday will be bitter-sweet because I know it's going to be the last one all of us go on ..... but on a positive note it'll mean more pennies to spend in future which in my book equals more holidays! At the moment we're thinking of Carcassonne, somewhere I've wanted to go for years, next year although after watching the Papal elections on the news tonight DH is wanting to go back to Rome again. However I'm sure it won't be too long before we've got another trip to DLP in the planning and we're very much looking forward to visiting it as just adults.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:37 AM   #27
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
Yep, I'll be going solo too when/if I no longer have any family kids who want to tag along to DLP with me .

I do also agree with daisyirl's previous point though - I'm the Disney fanatic in my family, and among my friends/colleagues. No-one else gets it the way I do, no-one else would even consider visiting a Disney park as many times as I want to. Because of that my DD is a Disney nut, far more than her friends, or my family kids, are. If I don't take my littlest niece with us to DLP in a couple of years time, she won't be going, because my brother, her Dad, just doesn't get it at all. Its okay not to get it, to like other things, and not like Disney - we really are the minority you know guys .

My brother-in-law just rolls his eyes at me when I encourage my DD and nieces to "live in a Disney bubble" - but its a nice place to live !

Know what you mean, had a parcel delivered to work this week, got the "What you ordered from the Disney Store" from the girls - Um my Birthday presents, Maleficent doll, Mickey Mouse birthstone earrings and matching necklace and a Mickey Mouse silicone cake tin, bless them - they couldn't hide their looks " !!! but I don't care.

I'm very lucky at the moment I get the best of both worlds, I can do grown up trips with my family, as in the one coming up in July, where we get up late, hit the parks later in the day through to evening, not bothered about characters, we have nice table service meals and drinks at the bar until late in the evening and generally it's quite chilled.

Unlike last trip with my gorgeous niece and newest Disney recruit my nephew 6 year old Jack where it's all go, go go. Early to bed, up for EMH - IASW 5 times in a row, running for characters, having someone else who doesn't want to go home either. etc.

and I love both !

I'm really looking forward to spending another DLP holiday with my family, I thought last time would most definitely be the the last, but No, my 19 year old asked to come along too, hence we changed our plans, changed the date to tie in with college and extended it so we can do something other than DLP, but at the back of my mind I'm already planning my next Kiddie trip, I have got to take Jack for the Christmas season
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #28
Lisa_C
Devoted FIANCÉE to Cap'njack.

We are addicted! With kids ranging from 4-17 when we go in May, we can't get enough!! And the best thing is, adult only trips are also made by Johnny and I, who needs kids to go to Disney ;-)

loving me a Pirate
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #29
sky13
Mouseketeer

I'm in my twenties, and I really love going to Disneyland - very excited about upcoming trip this weekend! It's a fantastic break from the real world, I just feel so happy when in Disneyland...

I also discovered last year that I am perfectly happy going solo in Disneyland - which means more trips, as I can go when the time suits me (plus now have an annual pass for DLP), and it will just be a bonus if friends/family happen to be able to join me! Most of my friends don't get my Disney obsession though...

Disneyland 1993 1995 2012 : Tokyo Disneyland 1996 : Walt Disney World 2001 : Disneyland Paris 2007 2008 2012 2013 : Hong Kong Disneyland 2010
sky13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: