Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #16
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

It has been in RNBD on the Magic each cruise for us since 2003.

There is a brunch on the sea days, so will have it on the 4-night.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #17
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen K View Post
Oh! Okay good to know.
I'd love to do brunch, but I'm not even sure if we'll have one. Do they do them on 4 nights (Magic)? We have one day at Sea. If so can you make a reservation for dinner and brunch?
There should be a brunch on your sea day. Since there's only one brunch and they're hard to get, some people recommend waking up at midnight EST on the first night you can book to grab it. Yes, you can book both one dinner and one brunch. Good luck!
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #18
Kristen K
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiburple View Post
There should be a brunch on your sea day. Since there's only one brunch and they're hard to get, some people recommend waking up at midnight EST on the first night you can book to grab it. Yes, you can book both one dinner and one brunch. Good luck!
Thanks! I set a reminder to do the midnight thing 90 days out!
Kristen K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #19
twinstars
Mouseketeer

My own experience is that they will do everything they can to try to get you in. There are definitely tables greater than 5. In fact, from our experience on the Wonder, they will even let you make last minute reservation changes if they can accommodate it. So it will really depend on how full the cruise that you are going on will be and how many of those people decide to dine at Palo.

On our cruise, we did have reservations, but we decided to move it to a different time slot pretty much last minute, not only did they accommodate us, they gave us a private room.
twinstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #20
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

We were on the Wonder in January and went to Wavebands upon boarding (we had an early boarding number). Even though it was not 1pm yet like the Navigator (I refuse to call it the personal navigator since it is the same for everyone) said, the Palo crew was taking reservations and making changes.

As far a Brunch goes, we have been unsuccessful in booking it online for our past several cruises and we were gold (now platinum ) and every time we have not had an issue getting brunch book upon boarding. For our upcoming WBPC cruise in May, with what - 10 sea days we WERE successful in booking Brunch. Will see if we can get an additional one booked once on board .
jrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #21
Melcatfish
In full planning mode!
Just one more victim of a drive-by tag attack

Be sure to check the Navigator for details of where to go for dining changes. It had always been Rockin Bar D in my experience except one time I showed up and there was just cruise host staff setting up for something and they had switched it to Studio Sea.

Mel
x
Melcatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #22
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Thank you all very much for sharing tips and experiences! It's all very helpful
Old 02-28-2013, 10:08 PM   #23
PLANNER88
Mouseketeer

Are there tables that will accommodate 10-12, and if so how difficult is it to get one?
Old 02-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #24
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

You can request to reserve the private room for dinner on the new ships, and for either brunch or dinner on the classic ships with 12-14 people. That is the minimum & maximum numbers they will accept requests for before the cruise. You can contact DCL to submit that.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:59 AM   #25
firsttimemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
You won't be able to add them onto your table until you board the ship. It can't be done beforehand. They can either book their own reservation ahead of time, about the same time as yours, and you merge the two when you board, or you ask to have them added to your table when you board.

if it's something difficult to get like brunch, I'd go with the two reservations and merge when you board method.
My TA was able to call disney and get the 2 silver members added when we booked our dinner and brunch reservations.
2006 (CCI) 2008 (RI)

DCL
Wonder: 5/23/04 ~ Magic: 1/22/05 ~ Wonder: 5/10/09 (PCC 1.0) ~ Wonder: 12/12/10 (PCC 2.0) ~ Dream: 4/17/11 ~ Magic Canadian: 6/17/12 ~ Fantasyturkeyfest 11/17/12 ~ Fantasy 4/12/14

firsttimemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #26
joedfr
Earning My Ears

I had the same situation. I booked my husband, niece (24yo) and me at Palo brunch, but had to wait until 75 days out to add my parents, who are in a separate stateroom.

Online, it said my reservation couldn't be modified, so I called the phone number it provided online for Disney and they said the reason it wouldn't let me do it was because that particular time slot didn't have any openings.

The Disney rep on the phone worked with me to change our time slot to one that had availability for all 5 of us. They said the reservation was for a "table of 6" under my husband's name. The only difference is that when it's booked this way (through Disney rep), they don't list everyone on the reservation individually, they just list my husband and the size table we needed. I think this means that my parents won't get a card in their room confirming the reservation.

This is for our upcoming cruise in April, so hoping it all works out.
joedfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:15 AM   #27
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to officially confirm that it is now possible to make a reservation for five or six people online. I don't know if that's a new feature or not, but I was able to get a reservation all together for my family of five even though there were no tables for two or four available

Thanks everyone for your great advice here! I'm glad to say it worked and I have my reservation
Old 03-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #28
mousemamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just wanted to officially confirm that it is now possible to make a reservation for five or six people online. I don't know if that's a new feature or not, but I was able to get a reservation all together for my family of five even though there were no tables for two or four available

Thanks everyone for your great advice here! I'm glad to say it worked and I have my reservation
Congrats! That is great.

Just so you are not caught off guard, I believe everyone in your party needs to be over 18 to eat in Palo. But I could be wrong.

Have fun!
mousemamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:44 AM   #29
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousemamma View Post
Congrats! That is great.

Just so you are not caught off guard, I believe everyone in your party needs to be over 18 to eat in Palo. But I could be wrong.

Have fun!
I believe you are correct about that! The youngest in our group is technically 19, but I think everyone is a child at heart while on a Disney cruise
Old 03-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #30
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Thank you all so much! I feel much better.

I didn't know that! I'll pull up a map and figure out where wavebands is before our embarkation day. It might just give me the edge if I end up having to get my reservation on board. Thanks.

Yes, this is exactly the situation I have. I'm the only one with cc status so I was able to book for everyone in my stateroom. However I can't book for the rest of my family even though our reservations are linked.

I have two of us booked for Palo brunch, but I'm worried about whether or not I will be able to add the other three.
You should not have any problem adding them.....on our Alaska Cruise on the Wonder (and on several other DCL cruises) I have added 10 other people to my 2 person Palo brunch ressie once onboard (and even got the private room).

Only one of you has to go the dining changes venue to add others but make sure you have the cabin number of everyone you on want on the reservation...saves some time.

Also, they open up the dining changes venue way earlier than 1:00. We have boarded at 12:30 and there was a long line already being serviced so it can get busy in there.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: