Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2013, 01:26 AM   #32
Tinkerpeas hubby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'nJack'sMum
Our family is weird. We love POP *and* Jambo House! We love them so much, that we have to do split-stays so we can stay at both places! We love the energy of POP, the huge icons, and the pools. But we also love the dark, tranquil, lush feel of AKL.

We do POP at the beginning of our trip, when we're all full of energy and feel like going 100mph. Then we switch to AKL after we've commando-ed the parks and feel like taking it easy for a few days.

I think the worst part of your story is that your little one got sick during your trip. That would be horrible anywhere you were staying. I'm glad it worked out and you got a sprinkling of pixie dust. I know it's hard when you get something that you're weren't expecting. We pretty much know that YC/BC and GF would never be for us. Disney has great, and very different, hotels to suit all sorts of tastes. Now you'll just have to try another one!
You know what our family is exactly the same lol!!!

I hate it when I hear about how awful people think pop is pop was our 1st stay on site ( my wife had been going every yr since a child but had never stayed on property always I-drive, and I had never been in my life)
We took our 3 boys then aged 1,1,3 plus my mum in-law and we LOVED pop so much, my wife a Disney freak lol cried when she walked into the lobby! It was so amazing compared to the normal motel style places she had stayed at!

Our boys who we took back again when they was 3,3,5 for our wedding really enjoy pop that when we stayed at AKL for 21nights 2 years later they actually missed Pop! They really enjoyed staying at Akl "Jambo" and the pool/slide animals our view etc but they missed the fun and brightness of Pop!
We are not into split stays but we did have to go back and do 2 nights after we stayed at SSR last yr, we did SSR for 16 nights then booked AOA for 3 nights so the boys could go visit pop lol, they wanted to experience AOA because they knew they could walk to pop from it and get the best if both, we also all really enjoyed SSR but will always have to make sure we at least visit pop no matter where we stay( I thought it was only us)

Moi (31): dw (27): B (10) Ant (7): Avatar (7):
Tinkerpeas hubby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: