Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 11:31 PM   #511
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Okay I got the email that my TA ressie was accepted and is good to go. When you make your ressie you have to email them with your CLIA card and certificate for DCOK so they can approve it. I was nervous because I used my discount in August, and when I came back they changed the policy to only one trip per 12 month period but I guess since it was before the change they let it go. Hurray! I am REALLY going to Disney in 79 days! Most of my ADRs are done as well. I find it really weird that I was able to book lots of prime restaurants, especially at reasonable times. The only exception is a 9:30 dinner at 'Ohana. I don't think I can eat that much, that late at night!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:39 PM   #512
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247
Okay I got the email that my TA ressie was accepted and is good to go. When you make your ressie you have to email them with your CLIA card and certificate for DCOK so they can approve it. I was nervous because I used my discount in August, and when I came back they changed the policy to only one trip per 12 month period but I guess since it was before the change they let it go. Hurray! I am REALLY going to Disney in 79 days! Most of my ADRs are done as well. I find it really weird that I was able to book lots of prime restaurants, especially at reasonable times. The only exception is a 9:30 dinner at 'Ohana. I don't think I can eat that much, that late at night!
Awesome!! :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 12:07 AM   #513
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
But hey, depending on where you sit, you should/might be able to see WISHES while you are eating dinner !!!!!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:58 AM   #514
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
But hey, depending on where you sit, you should/might be able to see WISHES while you are eating dinner !!!!!!!
This is true! But I could always watch it from the lounge lol
Old 03-14-2013, 02:15 AM   #515
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Thinking of doing a room only reservation for the night we get in and then doing the package with PH tickets and deluxe dining for the remainder of the week. If I did the math right, it means we'd save about $300 and we'd be getting in later Saturday night so we could grab dinner on the way (chick-fil-a!!) and wouldn't need the extra night's worth of meals most likely...has anyone done this? Is it a huge hassle when checking in, etc.?
Yup, I've done that at POR, arriving later so we booked 1 night room only before package begins. Be sure your 2 reservations are linked as continuing stay. Remind them at check in that you'd like to be in the same room, and not have to move.
Next morning when you check out, and check in remind them again ( unless you hate your room & want to move) that you want to stay put.

We were able to stay in the same room, but it took that CM about 10 - 15 min to "see" if we could stay in that room I don't know if she was just putting me thru the gears cause she seemed put out when I told her that at check in the day before we were told we could stay in the room. So I spent what seemed an eternity standing there waiting to see if I had to move feeling sick, because we had unpacked, believing what we were told the night before!! This CM was kinda nasty. Don't know why I was very polite.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 03-14-2013, 07:17 AM   #516
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
[COLOR="green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Thank y'all. I just feel bad that he was sick on his birthday. Between how bad he feels, and my coughing keeping him up, he actually stayed home from work. He never does that, so I know

After a big 'ol pain in the rear, I was able to get everything I wanted. I realized this morning why everyone hates the new site. I woke up at 5:50 AM this morning, and I was logging into the site by 5:56 AM. When I logged into My Disney Experience it did show it was my 180 day, but only gave me the option to do 9/9. I figured it was doing that since it was before 6 AM (7 AM Mickey time). I logged back out and waited until 6 AM to log back in. Due to it being so slow, I didn't actually get in until 6:02. The first one I tried was the BOG for 9/13. The date was blue on the calendar, meaning I should be able to book for that date. When it brought up the list of restaurants, the only one with times available was V&A's, and I mean the only one. I messed around with it until roughly 6:18, before giving up and calling the (407) WDW-DINE number. I even tried the old site, and that didn't work. I ended up in an automated system and when I tried to get the BOG ADR, it said I needed to have a resort reservation to make the reservation for that date. I literally said, "No S-(rhymes with pit) Sherlock." So, I press 0, until it says it is going to send me to a representative. Luckily, I wasn't on hold long and by about 6:20 AM, was making our ADRs with a very nice man.

Our ADRs are....
9/9 - 6:40 PM - Mama Melrose's
9/10 - 8:00 PM - 'Ohana
9/11 - 8:00 PM - Teppan Edo
9/12 - 8:00 PM - Cape May Cafe
9/13 - 6:55 PM - Be Our Guest
Wookie Congrates on getting Your ADRs, BOG is Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Dani Disney in 79 Days sounds Great! Maybe you will be able to snag an earlier ADR @ 'Ohana yet

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 03-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #517
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin

After a big 'ol pain in the rear, I was able to get everything I wanted. I realized this morning why everyone hates the new site. I woke up at 5:50 AM this morning, and I was logging into the site by 5:56 AM. When I logged into My Disney Experience it did show it was my 180 day, but only gave me the option to do 9/9. I figured it was doing that since it was before 6 AM (7 AM Mickey time). I logged back out and waited until 6 AM to log back in. Due to it being so slow, I didn't actually get in until 6:02. The first one I tried was the BOG for 9/13. The date was blue on the calendar, meaning I should be able to book for that date. When it brought up the list of restaurants, the only one with times available was V&A's, and I mean the only one. I messed around with it until roughly 6:18, before giving up and calling the (407) WDW-DINE number. I even tried the old site, and that didn't work. I ended up in an automated system and when I tried to get the BOG ADR, it said I needed to have a resort reservation to make the reservation for that date. I literally said, "No S-(rhymes with pit) Sherlock." So, I press 0, until it says it is going to send me to a representative. Luckily, I wasn't on hold long and by about 6:20 AM, was making our ADRs with a very nice man.

Our ADRs are....
9/13 - 6:55 PM - Be Our Guest
I had a similar experience. Friday I was able to make ADR's and was going to wake up earlier to get it done before going to work, good thing I didn't!!! I went on that night and even though it showed me at the 180 day mark, it wouldn't let me make reservations. I ended up getting back on Sunday and it let me make reservations for 9/5 & 9/6 but would not let me make reservations for 9/7 or 9/8 so ended up calling for 9/7 and 9/8 and waited about about 1 minute before someone came on the phone. The ADR's I made are:
9/5 : BOG @ 7:45 pm
9/6 : Chefs de France @ 6:30 pm
9/7 : Le Cellier @ 7:00 pm
9/8 : Via Napoli @ 11:30 am

Quote:
Awesome!!!!
I agree, I think 9:30 @ Ohana is late. I would periodically check to see if an earlier time opens up, or what about switch the day with another ADR?

Hi everyone else! I have been kind of MIA but periodically trying to keep up. My uncle met with the surgeon on Friday who told him the results of his bone and ct scan, I still don't understand why the actual dr who did the biopsy and ordered the scans could not give him the results, but instead made him wait a week to find anything out!! Anyways, good news!!! His bone and ct scan came back clear!!! He has localized surgery next month but in the mean time, he is worried it could spread because the dr who did the biopsy said it was aggressive. The surgeon said he does not see this type spreading, so lets hope he's right!!

What do you Poly lovers think of the new rooms? So far, I love it!! I showed the pics to my husband and he's less than impressed, he liked the darker colors better.

On a happy note, tomorrow is Friday, YAY, so ready for the weekend!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

Old 03-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #518
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

happy birthday sheila!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #519
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Happiest of Happy Days to You, Sheila!

Hello to all of you.

Dani: Is there no Free Dining going on when you guys are going? That always seemed to make the ADRs hard for us to get when we went in September, hence only ever getting to try Le Cellier this past January! Not for lack of trying all those previous trips though. You can't just leave us hanging... what other places did you nab?!

Sue M: Was that not-so-nice experience with the check-in CM at POR? Just wondering because that was the only slight I had against the entire resort; the front desk staff was in need of some training. The rest of the resort was wonderful though.

Jen: Thanks for the Miss M congrats. Now you've got me wanting to see Life of Pi! Although the crying thing scares me a bit. Is it super sad?

Wookie: Yay for all of those ADRs. Okay, so what are you gonna order from BOG? The grey stuff... right? Say the grey stuff.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #520
pas130
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much ladies. I'm a proud momma. (She's just so "whatever" about it. Have the teenage years started already? )[/QUOTE]
Go mommy and miss m!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin
Our ADRs are....
9/13 - 6:55 PM - Be Our Guest :
Nice!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma
Looks like we have 30 rooms on hold at GC for the Diva trip next Feb/Mar!!!! Wow! This might be a crazy fun trip. Marie so happy to see your name on the list!
WOW Mama!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u

I'm so excited!! Trying to get DH on board to let me out of his site for 5 days! I think by the time it rolls around, he'll be ok with it! Lol hoping I love the GCH as much as I was liking the DLH.....this trip sounds like so much fun, and a great way to meet more Disney loving ladies
I hope you can go Marie!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3

My head hurts.

Jen
my homework is making my head hurt. Wow I complain a lot....

Quote:
you go sis!!!! Maybe standby for ohanas...the concierge will get ya in..IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11

Hi everyone else! I have been kind of MIA but periodically trying to keep up. My uncle met with the surgeon on Friday who told him the results of his bone and ct scan, I still don't understand why the actual dr who did the biopsy and ordered the scans could not give him the results, but instead made him wait a week to find anything out!! Anyways, good news!!! His bone and ct scan came back clear!!! He has localized surgery next month but in the mean time, he is worried it could spread because the dr who did the biopsy said it was aggressive. The surgeon said he does not see this type spreading, so lets hope he's right!!

What do you Poly lovers think of the new rooms? So far, I love it!! I showed the pics to my husband and he's less than impressed, he liked the darker colors better

Sent from my GalaxyS II
glad your uncle's test were clear!!!

I dont like the new rooms, but the resort will always be beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma
happy birthday sheila!!!
Happy birthday to our Sheila!!!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #521
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Sheila: A Very Happy Birthday to you!! I hope you get treated like a princess today!

Jeanette: sorry you are overwhelmed with school work, way to go though! How are you managing it on top of everything else?

Miss: yes, it was good, but I like different movies. It really makes you think at the end. I will just say I believe in Richard Parker!

Dznycrzy: My DH does not like the new look of the Poly. I am indifferent, but I think I liked it the way it was before.

For Wookie, and Dani, and DznyCrzy....hooray for your ADRs, they look great!
Old 03-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #522
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Yeah!! So after almost a week of running around getting paperwork filled out, etc. I am finally going to be able to start subbing tomorrow! (I was supposed to start this past Monday, but there was a huge hiccup in the process.)

I think I convinced my DH to add another day to our trip then! He asked if we could wait until the first of the month to book it though, so I'm waiting patiently! :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #523
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

And happy birthday, Sheila!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #524
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3
Jeanette: sorry you are overwhelmed with school work, way to go though! How are you managing it on top of everything else?
I'm overwhelming myself. It wasn't easy doing full time school when I didn't have 2 jobs and a busload of kids..lol

Pixie dust though the week I go away..one class has NO assignments due... Shall I thank Sarah
Old 03-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #525
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I'm overwhelming myself. It wasn't easy doing full time school when I didn't have 2 jobs and a busload of kids..lol

Pixie dust though the week I go away..one class has NO assignments due... Shall I thank Sarah
I'm sure that is our Sarah's doing. Maybe she could work on the other class now.

Concerned Mama here ... one husband, 5 young children, two jobs and school ... don't you think maybe you are over doing it just a tad bit???

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: