Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #16
bella2396
Cori Rose

I spray tan a lot, but don't recommend it before a beach vacay. Chlorine and salt water will definitely wash it right off, it will likely be streaky depending on the moisture level in your skin. I would say, go natural with lots of SPF.
ASMovies 2010
ASMusic 2011
Counting down the days until our 1st Disney Cruise aboard the Fantasy on 8/31/13!!!
bella2396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #17
AdaraRae
Mouseketeer

Have somebody spray you by hand. So much better coverage and the solution is amazing!!!

Moisturizer. Moisturizer. Moisturizer.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #18
ro8821
Earning My Ears

I've had spray tanning done several times in the past but my all time favorite is by bare minerals. QVC sells it. You can apply it before you go and take it with you in case you need touch ups. That's what I always do right before a cruise. It comes with a brush and you can see where you have applied it.i like it because it last several days and only by day 4 or 5 you might need a touch up. With the spray tan it might start coming off within a couple of days and also leave you with those dark spots alon your body. Good luck in finding the spray tan or self tanner that works for you
ro8821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #19
disneypoor
DH thinks I have a "thing" for Mickey!

Thanks again for all of the great replies! I ended up trying the Versa spray tanning. So far, it looks very natural and isn't overdone in any way. I guess it takes up to 12 hours to fully show the color, so we'll see how I wake up in the morning. They did tell me the ocean water wouldn't be too great for it, but I won't be in the ocean until we're in Cozumel which will be on Monday, so by that time, it will likely be wearing off anyhow.

I did buy the extender lotion, but after I got home, I noticed it also has the bronzer in it. I'm not sure if I'll use it or not. I saw someone posted about using the lotion afterward, so if you have experience with that, can you let me know if it really helped your tan to last longer?

Thanks again for the great tips! Hope I still look normal in the morning.

Susan

09/93 Honeymoon at WDW, 03/01 First time to WDW with kids,
06/02 WDW, 11/03 First trip to Disneyland, 05/05 BIG family trip
to WDW POR, 06/06 First cruise on the Wonder/WDW ASM,
11/06 Disneyland, 03/07 7 Night Eastern, 09/07 3 Nights on the
Wonder, 03/08 Cruise to the Hawaiian Islands, 11/08 DD on the Magic,
11/09 3 Nights on the Wonder and WDW, 07/10 Family Vacation to WDW,
02/11 3 Nights on the Dream, 06/11 Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder, 03/12 One Week in Maui,
07/26/12 Bay Lake Tower 1st DVC Stay

Upcoming Trips: 03/16/13 5 Night DCL Western, 07/13 Villas at Grand California
Trip Reports: 06/06 Wonder, 03/07 Eastern, 06/11 Alaskan Cruise
disneypoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #20
llnolte
Mouseketeer

I have never used the extender. But have done the versa tan before all three of our cruises. I just always feel better with a little color on my white legs. I love the way it turns out and color has been great. Yes, it fades. But for the life of your cruise, it will look great. The extender lotion sounds great. Might have it try it in June. Have a fabulous time.
llnolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:33 PM   #21
disneypoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by llnolte View Post
I have never used the extender. But have done the versa tan before all three of our cruises. I just always feel better with a little color on my white legs. I love the way it turns out and color has been great. Yes, it fades. But for the life of your cruise, it will look great. The extender lotion sounds great. Might have it try it in June. Have a fabulous time.
How often did you do the Versa tan? The place I went to had a special....if you were a new customer, you could purchase two sprays for $26, so I have one left. I could go again tomorrow, but would that be a good idea? When I looked online, it sounded like they say to repeat it in one to two days, but the gal I asked at the place didn't think it would do anything if I repeated it again tomorrow. I should probably be happy with the one I have. Knowing my luck, I'd for sure look like I spray tanned if I did it one more time that soon. Any advice for that? Thanks!

Susan

02/11 3 Nights on the Dream, 06/11 Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder, 03/12 One Week in Maui,

Old 03-13-2013, 10:36 PM   #22
disneypoor

I should correct my previous post. Online it didn't say that you SHOULD repeat it in one to two days. It said that you could. I'd love to do it again if I knew it would look good but don't want to mess it up either. Any tips on this would be GREATLY appreciated. While I should be packing like a crazy woman tomorrow night, I've scheduled a highlight and haircut. Why not do a spray tan too?

Susan

Old 03-13-2013, 11:13 PM   #23
llnolte
Mouseketeer

I got a special too the last time I got a tan. Still have that one left. I have never done one right after the other so I'm not sure what it would do. I have always tanned the night before we fly out. And then I always have pretty good color right through the end of our cruise week.
llnolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:58 PM   #24
Heyriddle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneypoor
I should correct my previous post. Online it didn't say that you SHOULD repeat it in one to two days. It said that you could. I'd love to do it again if I knew it would look good but don't want to mess it up either. Any tips on this would be GREATLY appreciated. While I should be packing like a crazy woman tomorrow night, I've scheduled a highlight and haircut. Why not do a spray tan too?

Susan
I'm glad it worked out for you. I have done the mystic as well. It's nice to have a little something.

By the way, was anyone thinking of Ross in that Friends episode?

2005 Disney Magic Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2008 Disney Wonder Bahamas Double Dip 4-Night
2011 Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 7-Night
Heyriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:13 AM   #25
southlake
Mouseketeer

I've gotten dozens of spray tans, all by professional airbrushers who come to my home. (I have a 3 yr old so using a mobile service is wonderful, otherwise I'd have to arrange babysitting just to get a spray tan). My tans always come out looking great and not orange. If you come out orange, you went to a poor place!

I will Absolutely be spray tanning before our cruise, no doubt about it! Have fun!
Upcoming: Disney Cruise to the Western Caribbean, Disney Fantasy, May '14
southlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:13 AM   #26
disneypoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyriddle

I'm glad it worked out for you. I have done the mystic as well. It's nice to have a little something.

By the way, was anyone thinking of Ross in that Friends episode?
Totally thought of Ross! My husband thought about doing it and I couldn't quit laughing! I envisioned him having a Ross experience.

Susan

Old 03-14-2013, 07:05 AM   #27
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneypoor View Post
We leave Friday for a cruise on Saturday. Anyhow, I was just wondering how many of you have spray tanned before your cruise? I've had several cancerous moles removed in my short 42 years of life (and most were in my early 30s), so tanning in the tanning bed just isn't an option for me. I'd like to have a little bit of color though, and spray tanning seems like a pretty harmless thing to do.

I just wondered if you've had it done what your experiences were? Were you orange? Was it obvious you had it done? Or did you love it? I'd love to hear from you because I certainly don't want to show up and have everyone on our cruise know I spray tanned! TIA!

Susan
I always spray tan before I go on any vacation including cruises!! I would recommend you go to someone who does it by hand rather then a booth that way they can control the amount of color. The colors now a days are soooo much better then they use to be.
tnkrbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:08 AM   #28
dharma517
Mouseketeer

Get a professional spray tan

I always get a professional spray tan prior to my cruise. Well worth the $50 plus tip. You get in a tent and the technician hand sprays you with an airbrush type machine. There are rules however that need to be followed and I have attached them. I never look orange or streaky.

http://www.heavenearthsalon.com/site...mendations.pdf
dharma517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:26 AM   #29
RadGirl
i was lurking, but i'm afraid my glow gave me away..

A good, thorough exfoliation prior to spray tanning, will go a long way as far as how well and even your finished product looks.

Additionally, I believe you get far superior results from an experienced technician than a machine.

Finally, Moisturize! Moisturize! Moisturize! (Minimizes flaking and it makes it last longer)

:-)

: me : dh :dd :dd
RadGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: