Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 11:04 AM   #2926
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post
Oh, thank you everyone for all the congrats!
It's been a couple of years since DH and I have stayed at the WL CL and 5 yrs since the last time at the YS suite. We just adore the lounge and the cast at the OFL. Top notch.

And yes, my furbaby is a rat terrier.

I have two rat terrier furbabies!!! They are wonderful little dogs. Smart little things and comical too! I just love my kids.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #2927
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Yippeeio!

Oatmeal is serious stuff, but I do wonder if any children would care much about it over all those CL muffins and Froot Loops
Now you're talking!

Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #2928
reagansdaddy
Earning My Ears

Shipping Items From WL

I really hate to move the conversation away from oatmeal, but I do have a question that some of you may be able to answer.

We are flying to WDW and therefore, want to keep what we have to pack both to and from to an absolute minimum. Is it possible to ship items home via USPS, UPS or FedEx from WL? I was thinking this might be a great solution to get our souvenirs home without racking up huge bag fees.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #2929
Dr Ken
Don't want to "earn" my ears. I'm retired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom
Awww.....that is one food I eat everyday since I no longer have a stomach.
Oh, well, I know we can work around this.
Sorry I must have missed an earlier discussion. So glad to hear that you are cancer-free!

My wife had her stomach removed six months ago. All of her subsequent tests have been cancer-free. As bad as gastrectomies are, I can't imagine how much worse it would be if they found cancer again.

We booked this vacation as something to look forward to while she was still in hospital. We picked WDW because there's nowhere else on the planet that we know you can enjoy regardless of your health status.

We booked CL specifically because my wife has to eat nearly constantly. She's up to 8 ounces per meal now but is still loosing weight every week. (She's already way below recommended minimum weight.)

Our plan is for her to grab something to eat every time we enter or leave the resort. For me, the challenge will be NOT eating every time we walk through the lounge. (grin)

We'll be arriving in April, too late for the oatmeal. But, I'm sure they'll have something she can eat.

Have enjoyed visiting 8 Disney theme parks (4 in FL, 2 in CA, 1 in Tokyo, and 1 in Paris)

Old 03-13-2013, 06:48 AM   #2930
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Yippeeio!

Oatmeal is serious stuff, but I do wonder if any children would care much about it over all those CL muffins and Froot Loops
I'm the only one in my family that will eat the oatmeal!

Hopefully at this time tomorrow I'll be getting ready to dig in to a nice hot steaming bowl in the OFC.....

I don't have data on my cell (as my kids say yes I'm living in the dark ages!) so I can't post any pics. I can send pics from my cell to an email or another cell but no idea if I can get them onto here without data. DH & DS will have laptops with them so I will try & post at some point!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 03-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #2931
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
Thank you to TheLodgeLady and Kook for the oatmeal update!

Since we usually just go in November and sometimes in June, it looks like I will have to try and convince the family that another trip will be a great idea so that I may enjoy the oatmeal at the OFC.
Great idea! But, don't tell them the Epcot resorts have it year 'round...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
Me too...clueless on the multi-quoting!

KOOK, thanks for those early morning photos of the lobby~that's my absolute favorite thing about the WL...being down there in the peace and quiet with my coffee!
You're welcome! To multi-quote just click the middle icon with the quotation mark (in the bottom/right of each post) for each post you want to quote, then at the top and bottom of the page there is a "post reply" icon, click on one blue "post reply" icon and all your posts will magically appear for you to reply to. When you're done, just click "submit reply" as you normally would. Now it's your turn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aml3679 View Post
Sorry to hear about those of you who cancelled your trips. I know how it feels. We had to cancel twice, once because we had a very sick family member who passed away. The second time was due to financial reasons. When we go this December, it will be ten years.

My husband wanted to extend our vacation for another day so we added a day at the beginning, arriving on the 4th instead of the 5th.

Besides visiting all of the parks, resort hopping, etc., we wanted a day to enjoy the lodge itself.

Day 1 we will arrive, get settled and go to Downtown Disney.

Day 2 we will relax at The Lodge and go to Cirque du Soleil and the rest of the time, we will start our adventure in the parks.

We have a Woods View. What area can I request so that we will not hear the noise from The Wispering Canyon?

Also, what is the chance of getting a king size bed.

Thank you.
You are well overdue for a fantastic WDW vacation. I love resort days and recommend everyone have at least one. There is so much to do and they are very relaxing.

You could request a room "away from Whispering Canyon" or in a "quiet location." I'm sorry, but I don't know how many Woods View rooms have King beds so I don't know how likely it would be to get one. If that's your only request, that would make it more likely. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieT3 View Post
There was plenty of oatmeal when we left 2 days ago . My 2 year-old had near tantrums every day over those darn fruit loops - that cereal was the bane of my existence all week!

Kook, both of my parents are ret. USAF!
A BIG salute to your parents and I have to admit that at least once when staying CL, I treat myself to a bowl of Froot Loops mixed with Frosted Flakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by appplel View Post
Hi all! Headed to WL in just 20 days!!! I read in another thread that there is a resort tv channel available at Blt and cr that runs the music / soundtrack for Wishes during Wishes. Anyone know if this is available at WL also? If so what channel? We have a woods view room this time and I am hoping to maybe be where we can see a little of the fireworks from the room (requested north wing otter pond area, 4th or 5th floor).

Thanks!!
I believe that only the resorts where you can actually book a MKV/TPV room have the Wishes music. Hopefully, someone will coreect me if I'm wrong, which does happen, but don't tell my DD or DH

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
Kook.. Thank You for your nice compliment to my husband.. Thank Yours too!!
My husband is retired also out of service, combination Air Force and Air National Guard.. He now works for the Army Corps Of Engineers On a nearby Lake as a Federal Park Ranger.. Guess we will wait and see about what will happen.. He told me not to cancel just yet, so we are gonna wait and see. We still have plenty of time before Dec... We will be very sad if we have to cancel..
AS for Oatmeal.. I eat plenty of that at home.. Im all for the Mickey Waffles!!!
No wonder you like WL since it reminds your DH of work. What a great sounding job your DH has, but I do hope that cancelation won't be on your agenda. Good for you with the Mickey Waffles!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reagansdaddy View Post
I really hate to move the conversation away from oatmeal, but I do have a question that some of you may be able to answer.

We are flying to WDW and therefore, want to keep what we have to pack both to and from to an absolute minimum. Is it possible to ship items home via USPS, UPS or FedEx from WL? I was thinking this might be a great solution to get our souvenirs home without racking up huge bag fees.
To ship all your oatmeal, I mean, bottles of shampoo and conditioner, the easiest thing to do is to bring a pre-paid Flat Rate box with you from home and then just give it to the CL CM or concierge downstairs. I've never done it, so there may be other ways I'm not aware of that someone else will post about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Ken View Post
Sorry I must have missed an earlier discussion. So glad to hear that you are cancer-free!

My wife had her stomach removed six months ago. All of her subsequent tests have been cancer-free. As bad as gastrectomies are, I can't imagine how much worse it would be if they found cancer again.

We booked this vacation as something to look forward to while she was still in hospital. We picked WDW because there's nowhere else on the planet that we know you can enjoy regardless of your health status.

We booked CL specifically because my wife has to eat nearly constantly. She's up to 8 ounces per meal now but is still loosing weight every week. (She's already way below recommended minimum weight.)

Our plan is for her to grab something to eat every time we enter or leave the resort. For me, the challenge will be NOT eating every time we walk through the lounge. (grin)

We'll be arriving in April, too late for the oatmeal. But, I'm sure they'll have something she can eat.
CL sounds like a great idea for your DW. So sorry for everything you've both been through. I do hope that like Lulu'sMom, your DW is on the road to recovery and being forever cancer-free. I hope you both have a relaxing and amazing vacation and don't forget to stop with your DW at the Main Street Confectionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
I'm the only one in my family that will eat the oatmeal!

Hopefully at this time tomorrow I'll be getting ready to dig in to a nice hot steaming bowl in the OFC.....

I don't have data on my cell (as my kids say yes I'm living in the dark ages!) so I can't post any pics. I can send pics from my cell to an email or another cell but no idea if I can get them onto here without data. DH & DS will have laptops with them so I will try & post at some point!
I hope you'll be able to report live to us, you can always post photos when you get home. What would we do without an oatmeal report?! I do expect you to have a muffin or two - you can even crumble it up into your oatmeal - extra fiber
Old 03-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #2932
JulieT3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK

A BIG salute to your parents and I have to admit that at least once when staying CL, I treat myself to a bowl of Froot Loops mixed with Frosted Flakes

fiber
same to your husband!
Old 03-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #2933
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I would agree with bringing a flat rate box from home to ship from the resort. You could even print a label out before you go, although I don't know if you can do that or not, but it seems easy enough!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 03-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #2934
Tinkerbelljean
Earning My Ears

Shipping from WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
I would agree with bringing a flat rate box from home to ship from the resort. You could even print a label out before you go, although I don't know if you can do that or not, but it seems easy enough!
Some of the convention hotels have business centers that have shipping capabilities. I have packed and sent medium to large boxes from the Beach and Yacht Club business center. I have found the price for an extra bag is usually less or equal to the cost for shipping a medium sized box, especially when you take into account the time it takes away from your vacation to pack and ship it. If you can fit your items in an express mailer than that would be the solution. If not, an extra bag in my experience is a cheaper option. I bring an additional fold-up zippered bag in my luggage for purchases or as a spare if my luggage is damaged.

Many items can be purchased through the Disney Store website. If you are fortunate, you can find them on sale or get a free shipping promotion.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #2935
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelljean View Post
Some of the convention hotels have business centers that have shipping capabilities. I have packed and sent medium to large boxes from the Beach and Yacht Club business center. I have found the price for an extra bag is usually less or equal to the cost for shipping a medium sized box, especially when you take into account the time it takes away from your vacation to pack and ship it. If you can fit your items in an express mailer than that would be the solution. If not, an extra bag in my experience is a cheaper option. I bring an additional fold-up zippered bag in my luggage for purchases or as a spare if my luggage is damaged.

Many items can be purchased through the Disney Store website. If you are fortunate, you can find them on sale or get a free shipping promotion.

I always bring a fold up duffle bag in the luggage to use to bring goodies home! And it has never been a wasted item ... by the end of my trip I always have lots to put in it .... guess that says something about me .... I love to shop!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #2936
marymac123
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We had to ship a lot of stuff back our 1st family trip. The Front Desk got me a real nice big box, helped me pack everything, taped it up and also helped with the label. They were excellent. I did UPS and it wasn't that expensive, though I did nothing too heavy or breakable, just bulky items.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #2937
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Greetings all! We have FINALLY decided on a resort. Wilderness Lodge it is! We will be there in November. Just curious.....we have a courtyard view booked. When you request "inner courtyard view" is your request usually honored?
Old 03-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #2938
ethansmommy
Disney Planner

Quote:
A few years back we had our souvenirs (including a big lightsaber) shipped back for the same reason. We actually went into the merchantile/store at the WL and one of the ladies at the register made a note of all of our items that were being shipped and then she boxed them up and it was mailed to us via UPS. Im not sure if this is still an option but it was very convenient. I hope that they still do this when we go on our next trip!!

"Every story has an end, but in life every ending is just a new begining."

Past Trips: Jan '08-WL, April '08-AKL, Sept '08-WL,
Jan '09-WL, May '09-off-site, Nov '09-Poly, Nov '10-WLV, Nov '11-WL
Future Trips: Nov '13-WL
Old 03-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #2939
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

Where is the best place to put a pack and play in a bunk room? If anyone has a pic I would be so grateful. Thank you.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:35 AM   #2940
Tinkerbelljean
Earning My Ears

Good to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymac123 View Post
We had to ship a lot of stuff back our 1st family trip. The Front Desk got me a real nice big box, helped me pack everything, taped it up and also helped with the label. They were excellent. I did UPS and it wasn't that expensive, though I did nothing too heavy or breakable, just bulky items.
Good to know. I never asked about shipping anything at WL. Hubby dislikes luggage at the airport so I will ask next trip about shipping things home.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: