Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 09:15 PM   #781
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Great update I would never try sushi you are braver then me
Old 03-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #782
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
Great update I would never try sushi you are braver then me
LOL. I won't be trying it agai nanytime soon though. YUCK
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 09:35 PM   #783
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I can sort of understand the no taking pictures of kids inside the kids club since you wouldn't some random stranger come and take pictures of other kids, but a little common sense from the CM would have helped. I mean, you were right at the entrance, and you were all family, taking picture of your niece in front of her mom and dad!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #784
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I can sort of understand the no taking pictures of kids inside the kids club since you wouldn't some random stranger come and take pictures of other kids, but a little common sense from the CM would have helped. I mean, you were right at the entrance, and you were all family, taking picture of your niece in front of her mom and dad!
Exactly. I understand not taking pictures of other kids. I totally get that. But we all were right in the front area, and all they had to do was basically take 3 steps out the gate and I could do it. LOL
Old 03-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #785
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Poor Abby! She just wanted to be a princess and you people are taking all her fun away!!!! That does seem like a little overkill on the pictures. I mean, I understand, but I think that's a "letter of the law vs spirit of the law" type issues. Some people are letter of the law types.

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #786
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Poor Abby! She just wanted to be a princess and you people are taking all her fun away!!!! That does seem like a little overkill on the pictures. I mean, I understand, but I think that's a "letter of the law vs spirit of the law" type issues. Some people are letter of the law types.
We totally were ruining things for Abby. She just wanted to be a princess....all day long and forever!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #787
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Well you did something I would never do...you TRIED the sushi. That stuff is totally disgusting looking and unappetizing.

I can't believe they wouldn't let you take pictures of your own family...very odd.

I am loving your pictures as always (Pink looks great!).
Old 03-14-2013, 09:46 AM   #788
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Like you, I've tried sushi once and that was plenty for me. I do believe that the black stuff that you're referring to is sea weed. I'm looking forward to seeing your excursion pictures. That's one of the tours that we had considered when we cruised.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #789
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Do you mean the Magic? I haven't been on the Fantasy yet, but I sure hope to someday!

My mother has now told me twice in the last 2 days that she wants to sail an Alaskan cruise ...with me. I would love to, but I need to find the time ...and money.
Yeah..... dumb me. The Magic. I guess when you've never been on a Disney cruise, they all just look alike!

I think of all the cruise opportunities in the world.... and Alaskan cruise would be my first choice. Of course I can't afford it. And I'm not even talking about the cruise. I'm talking about all the big ole camera lenses I'd want to get to use on the trip!

LOL on the Abby princess story. I would have had to walk away and go burst out into laughter. But yes, I would have tried to snap a photo first too. Sounds like an overzealous CM to me.......

How great it must have felt to be snapping photos on Nassau again after losing that memory card last time! So tell us......just how paranoid are you now about your memory cards? I know I am and I haven't had to experience losing one yet.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #790
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you tried sushi but I would highly recommend going to a restaurant that is known for great sushi. I love it but it is an acquired taste.

I'm so excited you went to Adrastra. We are considering it because we thought it would be an easy relaxing excursion with DISbaby. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #791
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Great pictures as always Jen!

The problem with the sushi you tried was it wasn't the right kind for a novice. It looks like it has a thick seaweed outside. I'm not a fan of that either. Give me a spicy tuna roll or a philly roll and I'm all about it! I wouldda been fine eating all those desserts.

How funny you got scolded trying to take pics in the kids club. I never heard of that.
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #792
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
LOL. I won't be trying it agai nanytime soon though. YUCK
I don't even eat COOKED fish, so nope, no sushi for me. Ever.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #793
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Pink looks amazing. I can see myself enjoying a drink there. I can't wait to read about your trip to Ardastra Gardens. I considered this for our first trip to Nassau, but then decided against it.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #794
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Well you did something I would never do...you TRIED the sushi. That stuff is totally disgusting looking and unappetizing.

I can't believe they wouldn't let you take pictures of your own family...very odd.

I am loving your pictures as always (Pink looks great!).
I never was sure if I would like it, but I figured I might as well as I didn't have to be committed to it on the ship. I gave it a fair chance. not for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Like you, I've tried sushi once and that was plenty for me. I do believe that the black stuff that you're referring to is sea weed. I'm looking forward to seeing your excursion pictures. That's one of the tours that we had considered when we cruised.
Well hearing seaweed just makes it sound grosser.

I have a start of the excursion coming up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Yeah..... dumb me. The Magic. I guess when you've never been on a Disney cruise, they all just look alike!

I think of all the cruise opportunities in the world.... and Alaskan cruise would be my first choice. Of course I can't afford it. And I'm not even talking about the cruise. I'm talking about all the big ole camera lenses I'd want to get to use on the trip!

LOL on the Abby princess story. I would have had to walk away and go burst out into laughter. But yes, I would have tried to snap a photo first too. Sounds like an overzealous CM to me.......

How great it must have felt to be snapping photos on Nassau again after losing that memory card last time! So tell us......just how paranoid are you now about your memory cards? I know I am and I haven't had to experience losing one yet.
I would love to do Alaskan too. The price is high though and to do Disney I would have to get Claire a passport for sure, as they leave out of Vancouver.

Abby is such a character.
I am trying not to freak about cards, but I do try to keep track of them better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
I'm glad you tried sushi but I would highly recommend going to a restaurant that is known for great sushi. I love it but it is an acquired taste.

I'm so excited you went to Adrastra. We are considering it because we thought it would be an easy relaxing excursion with DISbaby. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.
I think it's a taste I won't aquire.

I have a bit of Ardastra coming up. We enjoyed it, but it isn't something I would do more than once, or maybe after a few years I would go back again, but it's just one of those things that is nice to do, but not repeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Great pictures as always Jen!

The problem with the sushi you tried was it wasn't the right kind for a novice. It looks like it has a thick seaweed outside. I'm not a fan of that either. Give me a spicy tuna roll or a philly roll and I'm all about it! I wouldda been fine eating all those desserts.

How funny you got scolded trying to take pics in the kids club. I never heard of that.
I think I am just going to stay away from sushi from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
I don't even eat COOKED fish, so nope, no sushi for me. Ever.
LOL. I do like cooked fish!
Old 03-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #795
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Pink looks amazing. I can see myself enjoying a drink there. I can't wait to read about your trip to Ardastra Gardens. I considered this for our first trip to Nassau, but then decided against it.

Corinna
I have yet to get a drink there. I just get too tired to ever make it. I will someday though!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: