Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #496
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post

That is awesome news! Congrats to Miss M!

I think you will like it there!

I have a new ticker....My Nov. trip is official, as My DVC contract has closed!
(Dates still subject to change though....otherwise, ! wouldn't be me)

Congrats you are going to LOVE DVC!!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #497
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

sis..Danimal invited himself...Poly with the 2 kiddos
Monorail and boat can't be beat with kiddos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
to my RC pals.

Dani: I quite like the sound of doing the Poly on its own -- then a mod after the cruise. Since the cruise will be a totally new thing, might be an easier transition? Either way sounds GREAT, really! :
I was really happy to get a brand spankin' new room since Hawaii just reopened today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi Peeps!

Dani, like your plan for the Poly for summer and either a value/mod for post-cruise... sounds like a well thought out switcheroo. :
Yes and post-cruise will be so busy, we won't really enjoy the resort anyway. This is better for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
CONGRATS!!! That's a great idea! Love it!
Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Yeah for the Poly!! And CL no less!
We are Poly CL addicts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Dani, do you have dates??
5/31-6/5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
The story about that 13 year old boy who lost his life is so sad. Prayers for him and his family.
Very, very sad. I am heartbroken for that family.

Quote:

I KNEW IT!!!!! WAY TO GO SIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post

Congrats on the snag!!!
Thanks Linda!

Quote:
I'm so far behind -- again.

Yay for booking your favorite place, Dani!

Oh, little bit of news. Miss M, on the walk home from school yesterday, non-chalantly told me --after she went through all the stuff she did in art class -- that she placed 1st in the Author's competition amongst the Kindergartners. (Obviously what she did in art class was more important than this tidbit.) I just hope they don't ask her when she came up with the final story and we assembled the book. So busted.
Congrats Miss M!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a new issue. I HATE the look of the new rooms. They ruined my beloved Poly. I am going to keep my ressie anyway because we still love the resort and CL CM's...and the monorail and boat while traveling alone with the kids is a godsend. Just very sad they ruined her.

wookie A very happy birthday to you and your DH! Sorry I missed it yesterday.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 03:55 PM   #498
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Still leaning heavily toward French Quarter... :-)
Sounds like a good choice to me!

Quote:
I have a new ticker....My Nov. trip is official, as My DVC contract has closed!
(Dates still subject to change though....otherwise, wouldn't be me)
Wa-hooooo. Congrats on the closing. And the bolded bit: but of course!

Quote:
Thinking of doing a room only reservation for the night we get in and then doing the package with PH tickets and deluxe dining for the remainder of the week. If I did the math right, it means we'd save about $300 and we'd be getting in later Saturday night so we could grab dinner on the way (chick-fil-a!!) and wouldn't need the extra night's worth of meals most likely...has anyone done this? Is it a huge hassle when checking in, etc.?
Sounds like another good idea especially if you're getting in late. Would you be changing resorts, like from a value to POFQ? Since it would be two separate reservations, I don't think it would be that big a deal for the check-in CMs although you there might be a chance you have to change rooms if staying at the same resort. I'm sure one of these RCers has done what you've mentioned... they've done it all at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I have a new issue. I HATE the look of the new rooms. They ruined my beloved Poly. I am going to keep my ressie anyway because we still love the resort and CL CM's...and the monorail and boat while traveling alone with the kids is a godsend. Just very sad they ruined her.
What were they thinking with those bolster pillows?! (The tile in the bathroom looks nice but I can't recall what the old tile looked like.) Like you said though, the beauty of the rest of it remains unchanged: the convenience and the resort itself.

Quote:
Contgrats to our little Miss M!!!
Quote:
Yes, congrats!! :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
How wonderful! Congrats to Miss M!
Quote:
That is awesome news! Congrats to Miss M!
Quote:
Congrats Miss M!!!
Thanks so much ladies. I'm a proud momma. (She's just so "whatever" about it. Have the teenage years started already? )
Old 03-13-2013, 04:28 PM   #499
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Thinking of doing a room only reservation for the night we get in and then doing the package with PH tickets and deluxe dining for the remainder of the week. If I did the math right, it means we'd save about $300 and we'd be getting in later Saturday night so we could grab dinner on the way (chick-fil-a!!) and wouldn't need the extra night's worth of meals most likely...has anyone done this? Is it a huge hassle when checking in, etc.?
We usually fly in early in the day, so I haven't done this, but I would do just what you are thinking if I were to take a late flight in. No need to buy an extra night on the DDP if you will be eating at the airport anyway. The only time I might ot would be if I had a few 2 credit TS places and needed the extra TS credit.
Quote:
Congrats you are going to LOVE DVC!!!!
Thanks!!!! I am so excited!!!
Quote:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am not a big fan of them either. That black and white tile in the bathrooms just doen't look "Polynesian" to me at all...more French country than anything. People said the Poly was dated before, but I don't like this at all. My only hope is that others will agree, and won't stay there, so rates will go down, and we can stay for less (one can dream, right????)
Old 03-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #500
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy
We usually fly in early in the day, so I haven't done this, but I would do just what you are thinking if I were to take a late flight in. No need to buy an extra night on the DDP if you will be eating at the airport anyway. The only time I might ot would be if I had a few 2 credit TS places and needed the extra TS credit.
We'll be driving, but still...I'm guessing we won't get in until dinner time or late afternoon at the earliest and 1 meal OOP would be cheaper than another day on the deluxe dining plan! We usually have a couple signature dinners, but I try to couple them with a brunch type character meal or something anyway. :-)

We're planning to surprise the kids with this trip. The question is do we tell them we're going somewhere else and pack and drive and then lo and behold we end up at Disney instead? Or do we wake them up with the car packed and tell them we're going to Disney right then and there?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #501
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
We'll be driving, but still...I'm guessing we won't get in until dinner time or late afternoon at the earliest and 1 meal OOP would be cheaper than another day on the deluxe dining plan! We usually have a couple signature dinners, but I try to couple them with a brunch type character meal or something anyway. :-)

We're planning to surprise the kids with this trip. The question is do we tell them we're going somewhere else and pack and drive and then lo and behold we end up at Disney instead? Or do we wake them up with the car packed and tell them we're going to Disney right then and there?
If I could keep my big mouth shut, I'd tell them you are going somewhere else, and then just wind up at Disney. It will be cool to see what point in the drive they figure it out at. If you are on deluxe dining, I would definately just start the plan the next day. You should have plenty of credits, and I'm sure you can find something else to spend the extra $$ on. The only thing is, there might be a chance that you would have to move the next morning. It usually doesn't, but it would be a big pain.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #502
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Happy Birthday to you and husband!!! Red Velvet Cheesecake Factory cake would cheer anyone up Wish we had them here!!
Quote:
Happy belated birthday to your DH!! Hope you are feeling better today
Quote:
Happy Birthday to DH and happy bleated Birthday to you!!!
Quote:
Wookie: Happy Birthday to your DH. ADRs...
Quote:
wookie A very happy birthday to you and your DH! Sorry I missed it yesterday.
Thank y'all. I just feel bad that he was sick on his birthday. Between how bad he feels, and my coughing keeping him up, he actually stayed home from work. He never does that, so I know he has to feel horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Just a quick "hi" as its crazy week in the life of the high school musical Last night was act 2 dress rehearsal. I did not go in and watch, deciding to clean out the food closets in the band storage room!!! Could we please use up a case of water before we take like 8 out of a new case. Opened cases of water do not stack well!

Tonight is a full run through without costumes ~ I'll hang out in the box office~ and tomorrow is final dress ~ that's when I take my pictures .
That reminds me of my mom. What ever activity we did in school, she was always there. If the teacher would tell us, they needed a mom to volunteer to go with us, the other kids always wanted my mom to go.

Quote:
Oh, little bit of news. Miss M, on the walk home from school yesterday, non-chalantly told me --after she went through all the stuff she did in art class -- that she placed 1st in the Author's competition amongst the Kindergartners. (Obviously what she did in art class was more important than this tidbit.) I just hope they don't ask her when she came up with the final story and we assembled the book. So busted.
Congrats to the talented Miss M!!

Quote:
We didn't do this with a WDW resort last year, but one just off property. We checked into the hotel the day before checking into the Pop Century. Then the next morning, we woke up at 8 AM, packed the minivan and drove over to WDW. Last year, we got into Orlando in the afternoon. It was early enough for me to do a load of laundry (we had been gone 3 days before we arrived in Orlando), and get the laundry packed away before going to DTD to see MIB III at the dine-in theatre. This year, we'll do the same thing.

Quote:
Hope your tax return comes through soon. Such a pain that you have to wait because of a glitch.
Thanks. As I drove home last night, I was telling my mom about it. She said she had seen a story about it on Fox News and that it wasn't the IRS's glitch, it was H&R Blocks fault. Which would explain why I didn't see anything about it on the IRS website.

Quote:
Feel better soon!
Thank you.

Quote:
YAY for your ADR's! Were you able to get everything you wanted???
After a big 'ol pain in the rear, I was able to get everything I wanted. I realized this morning why everyone hates the new site. I woke up at 5:50 AM this morning, and I was logging into the site by 5:56 AM. When I logged into My Disney Experience it did show it was my 180 day, but only gave me the option to do 9/9. I figured it was doing that since it was before 6 AM (7 AM Mickey time). I logged back out and waited until 6 AM to log back in. Due to it being so slow, I didn't actually get in until 6:02. The first one I tried was the BOG for 9/13. The date was blue on the calendar, meaning I should be able to book for that date. When it brought up the list of restaurants, the only one with times available was V&A's, and I mean the only one. I messed around with it until roughly 6:18, before giving up and calling the (407) WDW-DINE number. I even tried the old site, and that didn't work. I ended up in an automated system and when I tried to get the BOG ADR, it said I needed to have a resort reservation to make the reservation for that date. I literally said, "No S-(rhymes with pit) Sherlock." So, I press 0, until it says it is going to send me to a representative. Luckily, I wasn't on hold long and by about 6:20 AM, was making our ADRs with a very nice man.

Our ADRs are....
9/9 - 6:40 PM - Mama Melrose's
9/10 - 8:00 PM - 'Ohana
9/11 - 8:00 PM - Teppan Edo
9/12 - 8:00 PM - Cape May Cafe
9/13 - 6:55 PM - Be Our Guest

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Last edited by letthewookiewin; 03-13-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #503
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:

Quote:
If I could keep my big mouth shut, I'd tell them you are going somewhere else, and then just wind up at Disney. It will be cool to see what point in the drive they figure it out at. If you are on deluxe dining, I would definately just start the plan the next day. You should have plenty of credits, and I'm sure you can find something else to spend the extra $$ on. The only thing is, there might be a chance that you would have to move the next morning. It usually doesn't, but it would be a big pain.
Piglets Mommy and I must be sharing a brain on this one, because I was about to type the same thing.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 03-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #504
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Looks like we have 30 rooms on hold at GC for the Diva trip next Feb/Mar!!!! Wow! This might be a crazy fun trip. Marie so happy to see your name on the list!
Old 03-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #505
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Looks like we have 30 rooms on hold at GC for the Diva trip next Feb/Mar!!!! Wow! This might be a crazy fun trip. Marie so happy to see your name on the list!
I'm so excited!! Trying to get DH on board to let me out of his site for 5 days! I think by the time it rolls around, he'll be ok with it! Lol hoping I love the GCH as much as I was liking the DLH.....this trip sounds like so much fun, and a great way to meet more Disney loving ladies

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 03-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #506
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin

Thank y'all. I just feel bad that he was sick on his birthday. Between how bad he feels, and my coughing keeping him up, he actually stayed home from work. He never does that, so I know he has to feel horrible.

That reminds me of my mom. What ever activity we did in school, she was always there. If the teacher would tell us, they needed a mom to volunteer to go with us, the other kids always wanted my mom to go.

Congrats to the talented Miss M!!

We didn't do this with a WDW resort last year, but one just off property. We checked into the hotel the day before checking into the Pop Century. Then the next morning, we woke up at 8 AM, packed the minivan and drove over to WDW. Last year, we got into Orlando in the afternoon. It was early enough for me to do a load of laundry (we had been gone 3 days before we arrived in Orlando), and get the laundry packed away before going to DTD to see MIB III at the dine-in theatre. This year, we'll do the same thing.

Thanks. As I drove home last night, I was telling my mom about it. She said she had seen a story about it on Fox News and that it wasn't the IRS's glitch, it was H&R Blocks fault. Which would explain why I didn't see anything about it on the IRS website.

Thank you.

After a big 'ol pain in the rear, I was able to get everything I wanted. I realized this morning why everyone hates the new site. I woke up at 5:50 AM this morning, and I was logging into the site by 5:56 AM. When I logged into My Disney Experience it did show it was my 180 day, but only gave me the option to do 9/9. I figured it was doing that since it was before 6 AM (7 AM Mickey time). I logged back out and waited until 6 AM to log back in. Due to it being so slow, I didn't actually get in until 6:02. The first one I tried was the BOG for 9/13. The date was blue on the calendar, meaning I should be able to book for that date. When it brought up the list of restaurants, the only one with times available was V&A's, and I mean the only one. I messed around with it until roughly 6:18, before giving up and calling the (407) WDW-DINE number. I even tried the old site, and that didn't work. I ended up in an automated system and when I tried to get the BOG ADR, it said I needed to have a resort reservation to make the reservation for that date. I literally said, "No S-(rhymes with pit) Sherlock." So, I press 0, until it says it is going to send me to a representative. Luckily, I wasn't on hold long and by about 6:20 AM, was making our ADRs with a very nice man.

Our ADRs are....
9/9 - 6:40 PM - Mama Melrose's
9/10 - 8:00 PM - 'Ohana
9/11 - 8:00 PM - Teppan Edo
9/12 - 8:00 PM - Cape May Cafe
9/13 - 6:55 PM - Be Our Guest
Glad you got everything!
I hate this new system so far.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #507
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Glad you got everything!
I hate this new system so far.
Thank you, me too. Although when I went to add my ADRs to the online version, I was surprised they were already there.

I haven't looked at the app version to add them yet since my phone was about to die.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #508
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Wow...so much to comment on! Wookie yay for your ADR's....they look great! Miss so exciting for Miss M winning the writing contest for kindies! Way to go!! Marie, I am so glad for you joining up for the Dis Diva trip....that is so exciting!

Hi to everyone else...I am sorry I can't write more right now. My brain is spinning. We just watched Life of Pi, and I am a wreck!! Such a good movie but sooo deep, I laughed, I cried lots...phew. And Richard Parker. It was all too much for me.

My head hurts.

Jen
Old 03-13-2013, 10:54 PM   #509
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3
Wow...so much to comment on! Wookie yay for your ADR's....they look great! Miss so exciting for Miss M winning the writing contest for kindies! Way to go!! Marie, I am so glad for you joining up for the Dis Diva trip....that is so exciting!

Hi to everyone else...I am sorry I can't write more right now. My brain is spinning. We just watched Life of Pi, and I am a wreck!! Such a good movie but sooo deep, I laughed, I cried lots...phew. And Richard Parker. It was all too much for me.

My head hurts.

Jen
That good? I may have to rent it...

Wookie - glad you got the ADRs you wanted!!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #510
letthewookiewin

I actually had to call the number again. I noticed he made the 'Ohana for the 9th not 10th like I wanted. I was able to get almost the same time for though and got 8:10 on the 10th.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: