Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #1246
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post

After staying at YC, which was our first time at a Deluxe, we found that it just wasn't our thing. We liked being able to walk to Epcot, but not enough to fall in love with the place. I think that at some point we'll try one of the Monorail resorts since hubby really wants to do that, but I really think the Mods are our thing. We absolutely loved POFQ and I have a feeling that we're going to love POR too. I just keep watching videos and checking out Andre's site and I think I'm seriously in love with the place. I suspect that Port Orleans is going to be our HOME.

That being said, I am so glad that Disney has all these different resorts. There is something for everyone.
We did our stint on the monorail resorts when DS was younger and MK took up more than half our trip time. And we like the GF and CR very much. That being said, I doubt I would pay those prices anymore (even with a discount). Plus the monorail is crazy crowded (and will only get worse, IMHO, once GF DVC opens up). There are times at CR when you can't get on because it is too full with folks going to TTC. And there are times at the GF when you can't get on because of folks going to MK. The one resort we have never tried was the Poly as the theming does nothing for us (even after going to Hawaii).

POP has always been our go-to resort when we didn't want to pay deluxe prices. But thanks to Andre, por.org and this thread, I am eager to try it out a mod again.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 03-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #1247
figmentfrenzymommy
Earning My Ears

If youre a family of 5 will you automatically be put in AB? Doesnt matter which area,just wondering because we do need that "trundle" fo ds.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #1248
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentfrenzymommy View Post
If youre a family of 5 will you automatically be put in AB? Doesnt matter which area,just wondering because we do need that "trundle" fo ds.
Yes automatically unless the youngest child is 3 or under I believe.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:13 PM   #1249
elfling8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
That would work. Or if it's within an hour of Studios closing, take a Friendship boat to the Studios and a bus back to POR from there. DTD bus journeys can be some of the longer ones, so if there's a shorter route it might help.
Andre
Thanks! Someone also suggested we might want to budget for a taxi that night. The kids might have fun walking around the boardwalk (and look out if they see the arcade!). I think the boat ride would be nice on our last night

Me DH
DD10 DS8
Old 03-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #1250
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If youre a family of 5 will you automatically be put in AB? Doesnt matter which area, just wondering because we do need that "trundle" for ds.
Just in case you didn't know, it's not a trundle anymore, it's a Murphy bed.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #1251
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
Just in case you didn't know, it's not a trundle anymore, it's a Murphy bed.
Thanks for catching that, I missed that.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #1252
figmentfrenzymommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

Yes automatically unless the youngest child is 3 or under I believe.
Youngest is 2 but shes too big for pack and play. I dont think the cro agent was too familiar bc she asked if I need a trundle bed. Didnt realize til I got on here theyve renovated.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:31 PM   #1253
cocofifi
Mouseketeer

Oak Manor vs. Parterre

This is such a helpful thread. Andre, thanks so much for all the useful information. Also, thanks to Venom for your help.

In regards to the Royal Guest Rooms, it seems that most prefer Oak Manor for convenience. I don't mind a walk, I just want to be reasonably convenient to a bus depot. Do any of you actually prefer the Parterre Building? If so, my I ask why. Thanks in advance for input!
Old 03-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #1254
4butlers
DIS Veteran

Just for reference and for anyone interested, this was our view from our room. We had room #8781 in Magnolia

2003-DLR; 2004-DLR; 2006-DLR
2011-WDW POR; 2011-DCL Dream Bahamas
2013-WDW POR; 2013-DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Old 03-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #1255
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Youngest is 2 but shes too big for pack and play. I don't think the cro agent was too familiar bc she asked if I need a trundle bed. Didn't realize til I got on here they've renovated.
Well I would ask aka put in a request for AB area just to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4butlers View Post
Just for reference and for anyone interested, this was our view from our room. We had room #8781 in Magnolia
That was pretty.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #1256
mommypenguin29
Mouseketeer

Can I ship a case of water to the resort from Walmart, Costco, or staples? How long does it take?
Old 03-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #1257
Ima Disnewby
Mouseketeer

Hi all!

I'm currently booked at CBR for early May and while I LOVE the look/idea of the resort, the not so great things I keep hearing about it make me nervous...

I'm curious about POR...I really like the look & rooms in Magnolia Bend but really do NOT like the theme of Alligator Bayou. Aside from booking a Royal Room (I have 2 young boys who would not be fans of that lol) is there a way to ensure I end up in MB?? By booking certain views??

I looked on Port Oleans.org and maybe I missed it

Any advice given would be much appreciated
Old 03-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #1258
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Adding another Night part 2

Me again.....I was able to book a preferred room for Sat 4/27...our package starts on Sun in a preferred room which means we have 2 reservations (a room only for Sat and then package starting Sunday). So what does this mean? I assume I'd get the same room since I was able to book and pay for the same category for both the one night room only and 6 night package reservations. Do I check out on Sunday morning, check back in and get my tickets? Would it be easier to just cancel BOTH and rebook as a 7night package? Or just leave as is and have them link the reservations?
Old 03-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #1259
LovingDisny
I'm not going to lie. I like to lurk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
I printed out the one for Magnolia Terrace (in color and black & white) and plan to hang it on my "planning door". We use the closet doors in our bedroom for Disney planning. Right now one us being used for our cruise, so I have a printout of the deck we're on and have highlighted our stateroom. I want to do that with the Magnolia Terrace map but I keep reminding myself that I won't know the room number until we get there. But I can still hang the map.

My husband keeps reminding me that I need to put our dining plan info on the door too.
Planning door! i love it! why didn't I think of that? I have all the maps printed out and laying next to the lap top. I think my bedroom closet is going to get some re-modeling today.

nice pictures everone. Thanks for sharing.
2004- CBR with hubby & oldest son
2010- POR with hubby & both boys
2013- POR with hubby & both boys AGAIN!
2015- Me, hubby & both boys - we are thinking Coronado Springs -
Old 03-13-2013, 01:17 PM   #1260
4butlers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw
Me again.....I was able to book a preferred room for Sat 4/27...our package starts on Sun in a preferred room which means we have 2 reservations (a room only for Sat and then package starting Sunday). So what does this mean? I assume I'd get the same room since I was able to book and pay for the same category for both the one night room only and 6 night package reservations. Do I check out on Sunday morning, check back in and get my tickets? Would it be easier to just cancel BOTH and rebook as a 7night package? Or just leave as is and have them link the reservations?
We did this on our last trip. When you check in, just make sure they see you have two separate reservations and request that you stay in the same room. You will have to go "check out" and check back in though. Not a big deal. I can't say that they will guarantee that you remain in the same room, but we were able to. Maybe, just to be safe, send in a fax request a few days prior also.

2003-DLR; 2004-DLR; 2006-DLR
2011-WDW POR; 2011-DCL Dream Bahamas
2013-WDW POR; 2013-DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: