Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 12:47 AM   #1
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

How often does the mattresses on the Magic get replaced?

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how often does the mattresses on the Magic get replaced?
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #2
JoJoCruz
JoJoCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by abayaflowers View Post
Out of curiosity, does anyone know how often does the mattresses on the Magic get replaced?
Seriously???
JoJoCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 07:52 AM   #3
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abayaflowers
I don't know the official answer, sorry...but I will tell you that we cruise on the Magic and stay in the same stateroom approximately every 12 months, and the mattress on the "main" bed is firm enough to make me think it has probably been switched out every year. Just a guess...but with so much turnover, I'd expect the mattresses to get pretty saggy after 12 months, and they never are.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 03-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #4
slatterie
Earning My Ears

Just got off the Magic this past weekend. The beds we had were not great. The pillows were worse absolutely no support - get extras! Since it is going into dry dock in a few months I hope they do get changed out.

We had the basic inside cabin with two single beds connected to make one bed. I would hope if you pay more for larger rooms/higher categories then the bedding would be better too.
slatterie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #5
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatterie View Post
Just got off the Magic this past weekend. The beds we had were not great. The pillows were worse absolutely no support - get extras! Since it is going into dry dock in a few months I hope they do get changed out.

We had the basic inside cabin with two single beds connected to make one bed. I would hope if you pay more for larger rooms/higher categories then the bedding would be better too.
Other than conceirge....all bedding quality is the same in the cabins. I would not be surprised if they upgraded the bedding during drydock. The bedding on the Dream/Fantasy is wonderful.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
fatfish
DIS Veteran

I was on the Magic in February. My mattress was awful. (The foam strip they put down the middle where the 2 beds connect did not help matters any.) I complained to GS and they brought me a different mattress, which was significantly better. The Housekeeping Manager explained to me that the Magic will be getting all new beds when she goes to drydock this fall. The new beds will be all one piece queen-size, just like the ones on the Dream and the Fantasy. HTH!
March 2009 at SSR Aug 2009 land/sea adventure SSR / DCL

Spring Break 2010 & 2011 at Animal Kingdom Christmas 2011 on the DCL!
2013 birthday cruise on the Disney Magic!

Me dd
fatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #7
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfish View Post
I was on the Magic in February. My mattress was awful. (The foam strip they put down the middle where the 2 beds connect did not help matters any.) I complained to GS and they brought me a different mattress, which was significantly better. The Housekeeping Manager explained to me that the Magic will be getting all new beds when she goes to drydock this fall. The new beds will be all one piece queen-size, just like the ones on the Dream and the Fantasy. HTH!
That's so nice to know!

I had so many thoughts swirling in my head about the beds because of the postings that I read on the disboards regarding: bedbugs, headlice, bad mattress support, etc.

So, now I know that I can request for a different mattress if the one we have is terrible. Too bad that they won't be changing the beds for the MedCruise in June (that's when we are going).

Thanks for the information!
Old 03-13-2013, 03:09 PM   #8
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

My only complaint about our mattress on the Magic was that it was a little too firm. I like a softer mattress but my husband thought it was great. Maybe we had one that had just been replaced?

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder

jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #9
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatterie View Post
The beds we had were not great. The pillows were worse absolutely no support - get extras!
And in the Different-Strokes-For-Different-Folks Department...I liked the pillows on board so much I hunted down the company and bought some for home.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #10
Texas lady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2

And in the Different-Strokes-For-Different-Folks Department...I liked the pillows on board so much I hunted down the company and bought some for home.
I love the pillows also! Dh order some, he didnt tell me and what a great surprise I had when they came in! !!
Old 03-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #11
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

On the Wonder, I noticed that the Queen bed was actually two twin beds together, with a 2" thick mattress topper. It was on the firmer side, but wonderful.

The pillows (and we had four) were down like, so they might not seem firm. For me, they were excellent as well.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #12
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas lady

I love the pillows also! Dh order some, he didnt tell me and what a great surprise I had when they came in! !!
I need to check out the new pillows.

MedCruise June 15-27, 2013 VilleFranche-Sur-Mer, La Spezia, Civitavecchia, Piraeus, Kusadasi, Mykonos, Valetta

MedCruise Aug. 7, 2010 Valetta, Tunis, Naples, Civitavecchia, La Spezia, VilleFranche-Sur-Mer

Mexican Riviera 2008
Old 03-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #13
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

On the Magic in September our bed was comfy. I sleep so well on the ship anyway, it's like I'm a baby getting rocked to sleep.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

kendzee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #14
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfish View Post
Oh, I hope not!

It's really unfair to two people traveling together, who really don't want to be sharing a bed, that one of them would have to sleep on the sofa/bed, for the same price as someone getting the big bed. Or that they would have to pay single supplements to be in separate rooms.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:00 AM   #15
Mummyof4
Earning My Ears

I assume pillows are the same on all ships (DCL of course)....?
Mummyof4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: