Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 08:46 AM   #481
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977

What exactly happened?? And when was this?
If was at pop and occurred when the lifeguards were off duty...you always need to pay attention no matter how old someone is. My oldest is a lifeguard and has a hard time sitting at a pool or lake as he is constantly watching.
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 03-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #482
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Just a quick "hi" as its crazy week in the life of the high school musical Last night was act 2 dress rehearsal. I did not go in and watch, deciding to clean out the food closets in the band storage room!!! Could we please use up a case of water before we take like 8 out of a new case. Opened cases of water do not stack well!

Tonight is a full run through without costumes ~ I'll hang out in the box office~ and tomorrow is final dress ~ that's when I take my pictures .
GF - 2009, 2010
WL CL - 2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 08:53 AM   #483
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Oh, I forgot...have a great day all !
GF - 2009, 2010
WL CL - 2012
Old 03-13-2013, 08:56 AM   #484
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Just a quick "hi" as its crazy week in the life of the high school musical Last night was act 2 dress rehearsal. I did not go in and watch, deciding to clean out the food closets in the band storage room!!! Could we please use up a case of water before we take like 8 out of a new case. Opened cases of water do not stack well!

Tonight is a full run through without costumes ~ I'll hang out in the box office~ and tomorrow is final dress ~ that's when I take my pictures .
This is exciting! You sound like you are helping out a lot.....good for you mom! Hope it all goes well a the rehearsals!
Old 03-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #485
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

And agreed with the cases of water...gotta love it...NOT DS12 has his big district music festival tomorrow..I can't wait..they've been practicing SO much!!

Quote:
If was at pop and occurred when the lifeguards were off duty...you always need to pay attention no matter how old someone is. My oldest is a lifeguard and has a hard time sitting at a pool or lake as he is constantly watching.
So true! What a horrible tragedy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Pas- Miss you, too!
Taking a schoolwork break..tired from working last night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Just a quick hello from me! Hope everyone is having a good day!

Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Hi Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Thank you both. I just made it to class and I think I shouldn't have gotten those chicken nuggets from Chick-fil-A. They are not sitting too well on my tummy. Hopefully, I can make it through class and the hour drive home.
Happy belated birthday to your DH!! Hope you are feeling better today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I know when I'm close to sticking to a decision when I start defending my resort choice to my DH.
That is very true....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout;47774614Old school? Nah, you just wanna make sure it's done right. :hug: Us old folk are totally like that.

No changes, right? [I
*taps foot*[/I]
NO changes!!! Haven't even cancelled my cabana...DH said it's a bit much...but it's my birthday darn it

I have a 100% average in both classes so far (but that's only the 1st week that is graded so far) Sinceit's an accelerated semester it's technically 2 weeks right???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Pas.. Miss you too! Figured you were hard at work or working hard on your school stuff... And yes, my radar will get me to the GF one way or another... and who knows where we may end up??
I have a test to study for..another paper And I got home at 4am...but I miss my family here

GF GF GF GF GF GF ...not-so-subliminal message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Sitting in the airport waiting to board my plane.

So excited about the Diva GC stay. But this does mean my Oct/Nov and Dec trips to WDW will have to be a little more budget friendly.
Be safe Mama!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Just popping in to say I snagged a GV CL room at the Poly!
I KNEW IT!!!!! WAY TO GO SIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Sorry I wasn't on here much for a while. What are you doing your schooling in?
All good, no apology I am doing an accelerated RN to MSN (Masters in Nursing) online course, I haven't completed by baccalaureate sp???) yet, but it "bridges" to my graduate studies. So 2 courses every 8 weeks...I am kindain culture shock..ad it's only week 2

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 03-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #486
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Linda, safe travels, hope DD finger is healing nicely... hey your December trip is already very "budget-friendly"! We can exist on chocolate croisants, diet coke and maybe sign on with Piano Bob to sing/dance for tips??

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Just popping in to say I snagged a GV CL room at the Poly!
Congrats on the snag!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #487
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3

This is exciting! You sound like you are helping out a lot.....good for you mom! Hope it all goes well a the rehearsals!
Yeah, I pretty much live in the music hall from January until the end of March. They started putting moms in the box office at night the year we did Beauty and the Beast- that was DS19's sophomore year-so for the last five years it has been box office m-thur 6:30-8:30. This year I had a couple of others who helped too. ( most moms like to help with costumes, I can organize them but that's about it!)

DS15(Justin) is a band kid, where Brendan was chorus/orch, so since I get along with the band director I tend to take on organizing projects that drive him nuts....case in point the food closet. Next up, after the show, the three paper product cabinets - that's the real scary one!!
GF - 2009, 2010
WL CL - 2012
Old 03-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #488
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

Sitting besides me in class is a 7 inch Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. Since I have been sick and are in class tonight, I didn't get to make my DH anything for a birthday dinner. His birthday is today. WOO HOO!! We both turned 37 today!! I don't admit being a year older from January 10 - March 11, since he teases me about being older than he is doing that time.

Our WDW trip is still the same. Tomorrow morning is ADR day. I can start making them at 7 AM, Mickey time right (which would be 6 AM my time).

On our tax return, I found out there was a hold up. It seems that every return filed before February 26, that had an Education Credit, would ping the IRSs computer system as having missing paperwork, even when all the paperwork was present. The problem was not fixed until March 9. Since we filed ours on February 2, ours was one of the ones with this problem. The IRS didn't start processing ones with Education Credits until February 14th. They are sending the returns to the ones in order of the day they were accepted. Since mine was accepted on day 2 (February 15th), it shouldn't be any longer than 2 weeks (per the lady at H&R Block) for us to get our return. For now, all I can do is check the IRS mobile app for keeping track of your return. It would get us the money in enough time to go to San Antonio (if we get it in the next two weeks) we are just not going to count on making the trip.
Happy Birthday to DH and happy bleated Birthday to you!!!

YAY for your ADR's! Were you able to get everything you wanted???

Hope your tax return comes through soon. Such a pain that you have to wait because of a glitch.

Feel better soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
On a sad note, it is being reported that the 13 year old that was found unconscious in the Pop Century Pool on Sunday has died. So so sad for that family, I cannot even imagine the pain.
I have been following that thread. So sad.
Quote:

Sounds like fun! Good luck to everyone!
Old 03-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #489
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

I'm so far behind -- again.

to all of you.

Yay for booking your favorite place, Dani!

Wookie: Happy Birthday to your DH. ADRs...

Pas: 100% is 100%. You should definitely keep the cabana. Best of luck to your DS12 tomorrow.

DetTigs: Tell 'em to break a leg... well, figuratively OF COURSE!

Linda: How's the DD-finger situation going?

Magic: The image of a hot-rodding golf cart made me Although, with guys, if it has a motor ... it has been modded before.

Koh: Have you decided yet?

Ginny, Janet, Jen, Sue, Piglet... and a big "sorry" if I missed ya. My brain is toast.

~~-------------------------~~

Oh, little bit of news. Miss M, on the walk home from school yesterday, non-chalantly told me --after she went through all the stuff she did in art class -- that she placed 1st in the Author's competition amongst the Kindergartners. (Obviously what she did in art class was more important than this tidbit.) I just hope they don't ask her when she came up with the final story and we assembled the book. So busted.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #490
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
I'm so far behind -- again.

to all of you.

Yay for booking your favorite place, Dani!

Wookie: Happy Birthday to your DH. ADRs...

Pas: 100% is 100%. You should definitely keep the cabana. Best of luck to your DS12 tomorrow.

DetTigs: Tell 'em to break a leg... well, figuratively OF COURSE!

Linda: How's the DD-finger situation going?

Magic: The image of a hot-rodding golf cart made me Although, with guys, if it has a motor ... it has been modded before.

Ginny, Janet, Jen, Sue, Piglet... and a big "sorry" if I missed ya. My brain is toast.

Oh, little bit of news. Miss M, on the walk home from school yesterday, non-chalantly told me --after she went through all the stuff she did in art class -- that she placed 1st in the Author's competition amongst the Kindergartners. (Obviously what she did in art class was more important than this tidbit.) I just hope they don't ask her when she came up with the final story and we assembled the book. So busted.
Contgrats to our little Miss M!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #491
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma

Contgrats to our little Miss M!!!
Yes, congrats!! :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #492
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout

Still leaning heavily toward French Quarter... :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #493
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh, little bit of news. Miss M, on the walk home from school yesterday, non-chalantly told me --after she went through all the stuff she did in art class -- that she placed 1st in the Author's competition amongst the Kindergartners.
How wonderful! Congrats to Miss M!

Quote:
It is a really nice resort.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 03-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #494
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:

That is awesome news! Congrats to Miss M!
Quote:
I think you will like it there!

I have a new ticker....My Nov. trip is official, as My DVC contract has closed!
(Dates still subject to change though....otherwise, ! wouldn't be me)
Old 03-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #495
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Thinking of doing a room only reservation for the night we get in and then doing the package with PH tickets and deluxe dining for the remainder of the week. If I did the math right, it means we'd save about $300 and we'd be getting in later Saturday night so we could grab dinner on the way (chick-fil-a!!) and wouldn't need the extra night's worth of meals most likely...has anyone done this? Is it a huge hassle when checking in, etc.?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: