Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 07:21 AM   #31
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktnryansmom View Post
Being stuck on the last day of our park passes having traveled 2500 miles and saving for 2 years. iS a big deal to me and my kids.
I'm sure it was a big deal to you and your kids. Would have seriously ticked me off if it had been me. Sorry this happened.
patty57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:33 AM   #32
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I understand the sensors can be problematic.

My issue was with being told different stories by 4 different on-site staff members.
I never called the call center.

First told me I didn't have to stay in the room...ran to grab some lunch on site. Came back to a voicemail they wouldn't fix it unless we were there in the room

Back and forth until 4:30 pm.

All fixed but after being at POR without a hassle last week I expected better
Bolding is mine, if you "called the resort" to report the broken door center then you most certainly did get the call center (and they probably answered the phone in a way that makes you think you were talking to people at the resort. You weren't.)
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #33
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I never called the call center.
If you went to the front desk or talked to staff in person, then no, you didn't call the call center.

But for anyone else reading, any time you pick up the phone in your hotel room at Disney, you are calling a call center.

Not the front desk at your resort, not housekeeping at your resort, etc. A call center that may not even be located in FL.
ManyMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #34
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post

we always joke no need to set the alarm, always a built in wake up call of some sort another...it's expected. We usually crash early from exhaustion anyway. i'm going to ask for 2nd floor in jamaica, aruba or even martinique and hope for the best.
Did they move you? I hope so!
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #35
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Wait...what are these sensors you speak of? LoL We usually go every year but havent been there in 2011 (we bought a house last year do it wasn't in the budget). There's an additional key to the KTTW? Something new?

Sorry you aren't having a great time, we have stayed at CBR...4xs now I think, and I love it there. Everything about it has been perfect for my family. Actually having a hard time choosing between BC and CBR this year, thats how much I love CBR. But like others said you have to go to front desk (and thats at all the resorts) if there is an emergency that needs to be taken care of right away. I would never stand there for 3 hours on my last day of vacation.

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

WeLoveLilo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #36
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveLilo05 View Post
Wait...what are these sensors you speak of? LoL We usually go every year but havent been there in 2011 (we bought a house last year do it wasn't in the budget). There's an additional key to the KTTW? Something new?
Do a search for RFID and Magicband. Disney is changing how you access your rooms and how you enter the parks. Along with a lot of other stuff. Now at CBR you just wave your room key in front of the lock and it pops open. No need to stick your room key inside of the little slot. Soon all resorts will have that, and we will enter the parks in a similar way.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #37
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

When we were at Kidani, we had to tap the room card to the door rather then insert it. Caused some confusion.

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015

Sparkly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:43 AM   #38
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Did they move you? I hope so!
im the sort that is far too lazy to pack up and move during a WDW trip, unless i'm heading to universal. We're low maintenance travelers, figure if you travel enough you'll encounter the occasional bump in the road...just would like to miss most of them.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #39
jollygreengirl
Mouseketeer

OP, I don't know why everyone is giving you such a hard time about your issues at CBR. Having just come home from a weekend trip at CBR, I totally understand. It was not a "magical" stay for us either and we won't be back to that resort. Not to mention that just "popping" over to the front desk/concierge is a little more involved at CBR, especially with little ones in tow. I'm glad Disney is trying to help you, but I'm with you. For the first time at WDW, I really regretted paying the on-site premium to stay at CBR. Our experience was not worth the money I spent. Hope you have safe travels home.
Mar 2011 WL...Jun 2011 VWL...Sept 2011 GF for MNSSHP!...Mar 2012 WL...May 2012 HHI DVC...May 2012 BCV for SWW!...July 2012 SSR...Sept 2012 AKL for MNSSHP!...Nov 2012 YC CL...Dec 2012 WL for MVMCP!...Mar 2013 CBR...June 2013 GF CL/BWI CL for SWW!
jollygreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:04 AM   #40
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollygreengirl View Post
OP, I don't know why everyone is giving you such a hard time about your issues at CBR. Having just come home from a weekend trip at CBR, I totally understand. It was not a "magical" stay for us either and we won't be back to that resort. Not to mention that just "popping" over to the front desk/concierge is a little more involved at CBR, especially with little ones in tow. I'm glad Disney is trying to help you, but I'm with you. For the first time at WDW, I really regretted paying the on-site premium to stay at CBR. Our experience was not worth the money I spent. Hope you have safe travels home.
No one is giving OP a "hard time" about the issue she had. Most of the PP were just suggesting to her and anyone else who may run into this type of problem in the future that you'll get things done a lot faster by walking to the front desk. We all understand it's difficult with kids in tow, but things likely would have been handled in less than 3 1/2 hours by eliminating the middle man (the call center you get by calling the front desk).
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #41
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
No one is giving OP a "hard time" about the issue she had. Most of the PP were just suggesting to her and anyone else who may run into this type of problem in the future that you'll get things done a lot faster by walking to the front desk. We all understand it's difficult with kids in tow, but things likely would have been handled in less than 3 1/2 hours by eliminating the middle man (the call center you get by calling the front desk).
I agree. Plus the title of the thread may have put some people's backs up. We had a similar problem at CBR on our last visit there (before the new type of locks were installed). We just hopped back in our car and drove over to the Customs House. Had the OP known better, she could have taken the internal bus over. In our case an assistant manager followed us back to the room and opened the door manually. A maintenance man was there in minutes to change out the lock. The whole thing took less than an hour.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #42
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

Seems like the Magic Bands aren't so magical at all! I would not enjoy being the CM who is handling all of this!

To the OP - I'm glad everything worked out for you. CBR is noted for their customer service. I'm happy to know that they comped your room. It shows that CBR is truly a good resort!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: