Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #31
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemiss View Post
Because if people feel they don't have to follow the rules, DCL may decide to no longer allow us to bring liquor onboard.

This is the bottom line!

we are trying to keep this rather nice perk, and if people abuse it, with a *the rules don't apply to me* attitude...they may take it away!

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #32
KingRichard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
I guess it would be like pouring a glass of (wine, rum & coke, whatever) and walking down the street to our neighborhood pool. It just isn't right. You can't be walking down the street drinking alcohol.

And even the PP advocating doing it states "it is so wrong to violate the rules". So they also are aware it's a rule.
They will sell you drinks almost anywhere on the ship and give them out in a few places also(Spa, art room, DVC gatherings).

So it is not illegal.

Heck they sell 2 for the price of one. What does that tell you?

Just don't bring glass to the pool deck and be sure to take one to Dinner and enjoy!

GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder(Hawaii), Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic, June 14 Wonder(Alaska) 36 NOB
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #33
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Not sure it has anything to do with family friendliness or "drinking in public" because if you buy a drink from one of their bars, you can walk wherever you want with it. Booze is booze no matter where you get it. Of course they want you to buy most of your drinks from Disney. Why not, they do make a few good drinks.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #34
manhattanman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Not sure it has anything to do with family friendliness or "drinking in public" because if you buy a drink from one of their bars, you can walk wherever you want with it. Booze is booze no matter where you get it. Of course they want you to buy most of your drinks from Disney. Why not, they do make a few good drinks.
I know what the rules are and I'm not advocating scofflawism ( if that is a word) but as you can get a drink from a bar and walk around anywhere that could be at first pass indistinguishable from one poured in your room, my impression ( and yes it differs from the rules set forth by disney) is that they do not want you to POUR your own drinks in public areas.

I think you could spend all day running back and forth from the pool to your room to fill your cup with little problem ( unless you were filling big gulps full of booze). People have also advocated opening a bottle of wine in your room, having a glass then bringing a glass to dinner and you should not get the corkage fee, which to me is somewhat similar.

If disney really didnt want people moving from place to place with alcohol they could implement the " drink it where you bought it" rule.
manhattanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #35
Brynnie
Mouseketeer

I don't think the issue is drinking in public, it comes down to money. Disney does not mind if you are relaxing in your room having a drink. However when you are in a public area there are servers and bartenders there who would like to make money. Also Disney would like to make some profit off of alcohol. I have never been stopped for walking around with a drink that I bought on the ship from a bartender or server. It's not the same as walking around a city street with alcohol, it is private property and you are on a ship. I am a police officer and I always follow the rules, I would never want to lose the perks of having a drink in my room. I do have to say that the rules are not always enforced. I was horrified on our first cruise when my husband did not realize the rules and brought a corona up to the pool deck. The bartender waived him over, took his beer, and switched it out with a cold Corona from his refrigerator and poured it into a plastic cup for him!!!!! I don't know if this happens often or if he did this because we had been drinking at his bar and tipping well lol. My husband did not do this again but I can see how it would be confusing to someone who was not aware and they would continue to bring drinks up.

offsite 08/96 * All Star Sports 03/98, 04/00 * All Star Movies 05/01, 02/05 * Caribbean Beach 05/02 * Wyndham Palace Resort and Spa 01/03 * Royal Pacific Resort 05/03 * Hilton Downtown Disney 07/03 * Offsite 10/03 * DL- Crowne Plaza Garden Grove 12/03 * Coronado Springs 5/04 * Dolphin~WL 7/04 * AKL~Polynesian 07/05 * AKL~POR 01/06 * Swan 2/08 * Caribbean Beach 10/08 * DL- Embassy Suites South 01/09 * PBH 3/11* Swan 02/12* SSR/DCL DREAM 4 nt Bahamas May/12!!!!! * SSR/DCL DREAM 4 nt Bahamas Sept/12 * DCL Wonder 5 nt Western Caribbean out of Miami! 1/13
Brynnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: