Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #1921
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocofifi View Post
Thanks for your reply. For some reason, I thought the 50's, 60's and 70's buildings were considered the classic years buildings.
It helps to read the first few posts in any FAQ thread. This quote is from the first post in this thread;

The Pop Century Resort was originally planned to be two separate resort areas, featuring the Legendary Years (1910s-1940s) and the Classic Years (1950s-1990s), connected via the Generation Gap Bridge, over Hourglass Lake. However, in May 2010, it was decided that the unfinished Legendary Years resort would become a new value resort, named Disney's Art of Animation. Opening in June 2012, the resort offers family suites themed after the Lion King, Cars and Finding Nemo and standard rooms themed after The Little Mermaid.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #1922
nonstopdisneymom
Mouseketeer

I have a Friend who is heading to POP in April. She is wanting to purchase a few items from Walmart.com and have them delivered to the resort before she arrives. Is this possible? And where would she go to pick them up? Also how long will they hold the items if they are delivered sooner than expected?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #1923
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocofifi View Post
Thanks for your reply. For some reason, I thought the 50's, 60's and 70's buildings were considered the classic years buildings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
It helps to read the first few posts in any FAQ thread. This quote is from the first post in this thread;

The Pop Century Resort was originally planned to be two separate resort areas, featuring the Legendary Years (1910s-1940s) and the Classic Years (1950s-1990s), connected via the Generation Gap Bridge, over Hourglass Lake. However, in May 2010, it was decided that the unfinished Legendary Years resort would become a new value resort, named Disney's Art of Animation. Opening in June 2012, the resort offers family suites themed after the Lion King, Cars and Finding Nemo and standard rooms themed after The Little Mermaid.
I wonder if/when Disney might decide to remove the Classic Years labeling and signage from Pop Century.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
Old 03-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #1924
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash

I wonder if/when Disney might decide to remove the Classic Years labeling and signage from Pop Century.
I've wondered that too. I was actually surprised to see it still there in December, as I figured it would go once AoA was open.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 03-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #1925
Coaliesquirrel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonstopdisneymom View Post
I have a Friend who is heading to POP in April. She is wanting to purchase a few items from Walmart.com and have them delivered to the resort before she arrives. Is this possible? And where would she go to pick them up? Also how long will they hold the items if they are delivered sooner than expected?
I believe they'll hold things about 2 weeks. We had items shipped from Amazon.com, and when we checked in, we just told them we had packages held & the CM went to a back room somewhere to retrieve them. I believe they were "filed" by first initial of last name.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #1926
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

so ordering from Amazon worked just the same as from any other grocery service?? I need to order a few things for our April trip.
DS (14)
Lily
Old 03-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #1927
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
I'm thinking they'll leave it. The whole century isn't contemplated anymore, so they'll just have the "Classic Years" of the century. JMHO

Old 03-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #1928
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi

I'm thinking they'll leave it. The whole century isn't contemplated anymore, so they'll just have the "Classic Years" of the century. JMHO
Agreed....I think it is such a moot point that Disney isn't even thinking about it. It's there to stay.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:16 PM   #1929
SnoopyGal7
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
All of the buildings at POP Century are classic year buildings, so I'm not sure what you are asking there, but you don't need to book preferred to make a request, anyone can no matter what category they book. Each building has at least some standard rooms. They are just requests so there are no guarantees you will get your request, but they will try. And if when you arrive the room you are assigned does not meet your request you can ask if there is a room available that does.
How and when can we make these requests? And, when do they confirm which room you get? When you check-in?

Speaking of checking-in...what are the details of "early check-in"? I've heard you can do it, but I'm not sure what advantages are, etc....

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #1930
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyGal7

How and when can we make these requests? And, when do they confirm which room you get? When you check-in?

Speaking of checking-in...what are the details of "early check-in"? I've heard you can do it, but I'm not sure what advantages are, etc....

Thanks!
You can make your requests anytime from the day you book up until 5-6 days prior to your arrival. You'll need to call and have them added to your reservation.

You'll know what room you are assigned when you physically check in.

Online check-in is really just preregistering. You confirm your information, provide a credit card for room charging priveledges, etc. Then your packet will be printed prior to your arrival. In theory it speeds up the check-in process.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #1931
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyGal7

Thanks!
You call the reservation hotline to add tour requests. You can do it anytime, but do it at least 10 days before your stay. You find out your room assignment when you arrive and check-in. Doing early check-in does not give you your room assignment early, you won't get it until you are physically there.

If you do online check-in you can go to a separate counter when you get there that is USUALLY faster as all of your stuff is already printed out and waiting for you. It is not recommended you do online check-in if you are picky about your room as while you can get them to switch it, that defeats the purpose of the faster line.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 03-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #1932
nonstopdisneymom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coaliesquirrel

I believe they'll hold things about 2 weeks. We had items shipped from Amazon.com, and when we checked in, we just told them we had packages held & the CM went to a back room somewhere to retrieve them. I believe they were "filed" by first initial of last name.
Thanks!!
Old 03-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #1933
Amy162
Mouseketeer

Hello all! I've been away from the boards for a while, haven't stayed at Pop since our October 2010 trip! We decided last minute to brave the World during Spring Break to celebrate my birthday!!! Super excited!!! I've been browsing through this thread and can't believe what I'm seeing - fridges AND FREE WiFi?!?!?! Can't believe how things have changed! No more trying to find a fridge swap (and hoping that they actually found the fridge when you got there!!!) LOL!

I've got a LOT more catching up to do but just wanted to POP in to say HI!!! and thanks to all who have contributed to this thread!!

Nov 98-1st Anniversary Trip May 07-1st Family Trip May 09-Very WET Disney Vacation Nov 09-12th Anniversary & MVMCP Oct 10-MNSSHP Aug 11-SURPRISE, We're going to Disney! Jan 12 Disney Dream Apr 13 Birthday Trip!!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #1934
SnoopyGal7
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
You call the reservation hotline to add tour requests. You can do it anytime, but do it at least 10 days before your stay. You find out your room assignment when you arrive and check-in. Doing early check-in does not give you your room assignment early, you won't get it until you are physically there.

If you do online check-in you can go to a separate counter when you get there that is USUALLY faster as all of your stuff is already printed out and waiting for you. It is not recommended you do online check-in if you are picky about your room as while you can get them to switch it, that defeats the purpose of the faster line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
You can make your requests anytime from the day you book up until 5-6 days prior to your arrival. You'll need to call and have them added to your reservation.

You'll know what room you are assigned when you physically check in.

Online check-in is really just preregistering. You confirm your information, provide a credit card for room charging priveledges, etc. Then your packet will be printed prior to your arrival. In theory it speeds up the check-in process.
Thank you both!
Old 03-13-2013, 09:36 PM   #1935
cocofifi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post

Thank you! Sorry if it seemed I didn't utilize all the useful information on the thread. Thanks to all who take the time to post the info. It helps tremendously!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: