Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 01:34 AM   #16
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastefullyjenn View Post

4. for the older kids, stop up at the basketball court in the afternoon (check navigator --think it was 2pm?) they have a counselor up there that will train on different trick shots

5. Goofy hangs out right next door and will play mini golf with you around that same time--fun for younger set.
I second this, having also just got off the Fantasy. We did not search out characters, yet every time, it seemed we were on the sports deck characters were there. Playing putt putt, ping pong, playing basketball with the kids, walking around, photo opps, etc. I was impressed. Perhaps this is there only outdoor area for appearances. IDK, but every time we were there it seemed there was a character interacting at some point during our 45 minutes in said zone.

In other words, if you are into characters, hang out on the sports deck or at least close by.

Hey, maybe this is one advantage of aft elevators?
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:12 AM   #17
jaddychicken21
Earning My Ears

I don't know whether it will help you, but i found that all of these helped me when i was booking my cruise they also have a big review section about whatever ship you weant to go on
http://www.**************/cruise-guide...nfo-home-page/
jaddychicken21 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #18
bella2396
Cori Rose

Tips :)

I am sure this has been asked a million times before, but my family (DH, DS7, DS4) and I will be cruising for the first time with Disney on August 31 aboard the Fantasy. Can you give me some of your best tips?
ASMovies 2010
ASMusic 2011
Counting down the days until our 1st Disney Cruise aboard the Fantasy on 8/31/13!!!
bella2396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #19
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

1. Review the FAQ thread at the top of this forum.
2. Scan through the first 5-10 pages for the more repeated topics.
3. Both of these will make you think of things to ask specific to your family and interests -- then post your questions here.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #20
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

Anyone know which sea day (Eastern) the ship tour is? I"ve been looking at navigators and missed it. What is it officially called on the schedule?

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #21
matthew517
Mouseketeer

Here are a few facts.
If you take a pillow case or tee shirt and a sharpie to the customer service desk and ask them to have all the characters sign it they will and then sometime later you will get it back.

If you like a special dish you can request it 24 hours in advance. On the dream they made curry chicken and on the fantasy they made butter chicken.

When you get on the ship you can order a cheese plate and cookies and have them in your cabin at 1:30 when the cabin are ready.
matthew517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #22
cwehrstedt
Mouseketeer

Some non-fantasy related tips!

-Castaway cay, the bike rentals were the best $7 bucks spent! Snorkling too hard/long for my 7 year old.
-Late movies on the funnel vision were fun! We swam, road the duck, and we hand hot chocolate/drinks! Great family night (just watch the pools cause they do get busy)
-rainforest room was heavenly, especially on a port day!
-book the sports simulator for your 10 year old while your 6 year old does bbb!

Future trip.. 2014, Dec 14th, 7n on Magic with split stay POFQ and CSR!
cwehrstedt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #23
ers26
Earning My Ears

In addition to all the good advice others have provided, I suggest you just relax and have a good time. There is so much to do on the ship you need to just go with the flow and realize that you will never get to all the things you thought you were going to do. :-).

Also, regarding Animator's Palate, depending on your assigned dining rotation, you can end up with 3 visits to the restaurant if you are on 7 night cruise. That means that your 3rd visit will be the one where they have the show where your drawings come to life on the video screens. We had rotation AERAERA and the first night at Animator's was the Crush show and the 3rd night was the Animation.
ers26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #24
tinyteen19401
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastefullyjenn View Post
just off the fantasy--here are my only additions to the great suggestions prev offered.

1. order room service. ordered all hands on deck --cheese/crackers-- for SJ departure to watch the ship pull out. We ordered mickey bars a few times too!
your kids will think it is fun plus it is included ex for tip

2. see the performances...if your sons wouldn't be into it, be sure to get them settled into something so you can go

3. opt for a rainforest pass. best $16 dollars spent.

4. for the older kids, stop up at the basketball court in the afternoon (check navigator --think it was 2pm?) they have a counselor up there that will train on different trick shots

5. Goofy hangs out right next door and will play mini golf with you around that same time--fun for younger set.

You can't go wrong --you'll have a blast!
What's a rainforest pass?
tinyteen19401 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: