Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #16
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
Im in! I have read some of your other trip reports recently. It looks like you guys have so much fun

I am a SAHM and homeschooled years ago...but the kiddos are in public school now. I do share you love of all things Disney
I also had my last baby at 40...she is such a wonderful addition! We are done at 4, although I would have love to have had more. Our third put a screetching halt to that for a while She is, ahem...high maintanance, shall we say

I would love to do a cruise someday. We did one back in 1994 with our oldest DD(4 at the time) and it was The Big Red Boat then. The ships look so beautiful now.
Looking forward to reading more since we arent heading back until June 2014

I love all the shirts you made! So crafty. I have always wanted to try my hand at making some, but with my kids being the ages they are (23, 17, 14, and 5) I have some that put up a fight. LOL

I wonder when my kids will start rebelling against the shirts. So far my oldest son still loves it. He loves EVERYTHING Disney. His 10 year old cousin may tell him it's not cool when we go together in November, but I hope not.

Pretty soon I will start my planning for the November trip with 13 of us!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #17
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen in Illinois View Post
Are these shirts iron-ons? How/where did you get these? I would love to make some matching shirts. We are going in November. I've already bought the pattern to make DD-5 turning 6 while at WDW her Cinderella dress.

Yes, they are all iron-on. Look at the Creative DISigns section of the DISboards. People make and customize designs for free and then you print them onto transfer paper. I get my transfer paper from one of the designers too (www.amymickey.com.) Her paper is the nicest I've found. The transfers come out soft, wash nicely, and last a long time.

I wish I knew how to sew. (Although I don't know where I would find the time!) I love the custom dresses/clothes I see some kids walking around with at Disney parks!
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #18
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieFanatic View Post
Now this thread is getting some attention! I have 3 kids, too funny, I have a Max and an Ella as well!!

We are off to Uni on spring break (eek-dh has to be nearby for a work thing...but we will go early and use express pass...plus my kids are small so we wont do a lot of the major roller coasters.) I am excited for the Minion ride and HP world!

I am drooling over your planning pages...love those! I have spent way toooooo many hours on the DiSign forum....need to get busy and get to bookmarking Uni stuff! What brand iron on transfers did you use? I want to make some "muggle" shirts or something cute maybe.
What is your third child's name? I'm gonna need another one!

I love Universal almost as much as Disney! Actually my favorite theme park of all time is Islands of Adventure. WWoHP is done so well. My husband loves the butterbeer. I love express pass! Are you staying on property? The early entry is awesome for riding Spiderman and seeing WWoHP without wall to wall crowds. I'm not a huge fan of Forbidden Journey, but DH is. The graphics are too scary for me. But DH and I always take turns riding all the big coasters. Dueling Dragons and the Hulk are my favorite coasters anywhere.
We've not been since the Despicable Me ride has been there. I'm jealous. It makes me want to get there on one of these trips! But I'd want to stay on property, so that's not going to happen this year.

I wrote on a previous post too, I use amymickey.com to get my iron ons. They're the best I've found. Easy, soft, and last a long time. My kids wear their shirts all summer (and winter too as PJs.)
Old 03-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #19
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsenquiz View Post
Joining in. Loving the shirt designs.
and thanks!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #20
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Update:

We've been making our dining reservations day by day to get what we want when we want it. Nothing too tough yet. I'll update the second post with what we have confirmed.
The tough day may be Friday, when I try to make an ADR for dinner at Be Our Guest on 9/4. Does anyone know what time you can make an ADR online? Will 9/4 open up just after midnight, or sometime in the morning. I'm worried about this one. I really want to get a reservation at a decent dinner time.

My intention was to get some designs for tshirts off of the Creative Desgn board the other day, but I spent all my time uploading my pictures to this thread, that I never did that. Maybe I'll have some time today. Today is my day "off." Not that you really get a day off when you have 4 homeschooling kids at home. These home days are pretty busy! But I just pull the pregnancy card and claim I need to rest!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #21
Alyanna77
Earning My Ears

You can make ADRs at 6am online or 7am by phone (Eastern Time). My understanding is that if you have your trip booked you can make all of your ADRs when the first day of your trip opens, but I've never actually done it.
Alyanna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #22
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyanna77 View Post
You can make ADRs at 6am online or 7am by phone (Eastern Time). My understanding is that if you have your trip booked you can make all of your ADRs when the first day of your trip opens, but I've never actually done it.
I thought that was the case too. Maybe try it online and see what happens...or call Good Luck
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #23
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Thanks, guys!
I can't believe I have forgotten that! It doesn't work online, but maybe by phone? I'll give it a try. That would be awesome!

Last edited by dr&momto2boys; 03-06-2013 at 12:35 PM.
dr&momto2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #24
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Okay, I did make all of our ADRs online, but I DID have problems with Be Our Guest! On the first call, they said, BOG must not be taking reservations yet. Fortunately I know better than to take one CMs answer as final. When I called back, they had reservations available, but nothing between 4:10pm and 8:30. Already so booked? Maybe it's just because we need a table for 7? We chose the early (4:10pm) time because I don't we will be trying to retire early each evening. At least we got in! I'm glad I didn't wait until Friday to try!
The other weird thing was I couldn't get an ADR near noon at Yak & Yeti. 2:30 was the first ADR. Really? Y&Y is full for lunch and that day hasn't even opened for ADRs for off-site guests. It must be the table for 7 thing.
I kind of wonder if I should have just requested a table for 6 anyway? Our 3 month old won't be sitting in a highchair or eating anything. We will only need 6 seats.

Last edited by dr&momto2boys; 03-06-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #25
blessedby3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr&momto2boys View Post
Okay, I did make all of our ADRs online, but I DID have problems with Be Our Guest! On the first call, they said, BOG must not be taking reservations yet. Fortunately I know better than to take one CMs answer as final. When I called back, they had reservations available, but nothing between 4:10pm and 8:30. Already so booked? Maybe it's just because we need a table for 7? We chose the early (4:10pm) time because I don't we will be trying to retire early each evening. At least we got in! I'm glad I didn't wait until Friday to try!
The other weird thing was I couldn't get an ADR near noon at Yak & Yeti. 2:30 was the first ADR. Really? Y&Y is full for lunch and that day hasn't even opened for ADRs for off-site guests. It must be the table for 7 thing.
I kind of wonder if I should have just requested a table for 6 anyway? Our 3 month old won't be sitting in a highchair or eating anything. We will only need 6 seats.
Good that you got all the ADR's! I would just keep checking back online to see if you can get the times you want. Some will cancel and things may open up that will fit better for your situation.
Maybe go back online and see if you can get a Y&Y for 6. Your baby definately wont need a seat and since you would have it for 6 the tip is added in anyway...so I would think that would work.

I had a problem changing a ressie on our last trip. We had a breakfast at Ohana and my dd14's bff (who moved to FL) was meeting up with us. I added her, but then her mom said she would go if there was room. I called back and they said no...wouldnt have a table for 8 (I had a ressie for 7). This didnt make sense as I figured most tables would be 4 or 6 or 8...even numbers. Told the mom (I felt bad) and she said no worries. Showed up and what did we have...a table for 8!! Her mom hadnt come with us...ugghhhhh

Sometimes Disney Dining is a Pain!
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA

Old 03-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #26
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
Sometimes Disney Dining is a Pain!
You can say that again!

The online system is driving me nuts! It never seems to work right. At least we're covered and any changes I'm able to make will even improve an already good situation.

Still didn't have time to hunt for tshirt designs today. My baby needed a lot of cuddling. And I spent a lot of time reading to the kids or having them read to me which was very enjoyable.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #27
mduncan1
Mouseketeer

Thanks for sharing!! What did you use the put your passports together? I have downloaded all the cards but had no idea how to actually make it look like a real passport like you did.
mduncan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #28
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mduncan1 View Post
Thanks for sharing!! What did you use the put your passports together? I have downloaded all the cards but had no idea how to actually make it look like a real passport like you did.

I just stapled through the center (2 staples with the flat part on the outside of the booklet. Then I used clear contact paper on the outside covers. It took quite a bit of trimming down work to make it look perfect, but I was pleased with the outcome. The kids loved them!

Not sure if your using the same/similar pattern. This one is pretty old. It was designed by Pat who hasn't been around the design board in a long time. It printed back to back and in order to assemble the book just right. (I had to do a little realigning of the document to make it match up perfectly too. A labor of love!)

Last edited by dr&momto2boys; 03-10-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #29
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

I made a new Yak & Yeti ADR online. For 7 people, there was no availability the whole day! So I changed my request to 6 people and got right around noon like we wanted.

I understand that they want us to reserve for 7 because of fire codes. (There are a maximum number of people who can be in the building at one time.) But I don't thnk it's at all likely that they will be filled to capacity at lunch time during a Friday in an off season. Since we really only need a table for 6, it should be fine. If they're truly filled and turn us away, it's a chance I'm willing to take. I'd rather take that chance than eat lunch at 2:30 (our original reservation.)

This ADR eperience has prepared me for our November trip though! We are going to have to call ASAP the first day possible to make ADR's for 13 people or our dining times will be ridiculous or we'll be shut out.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #30
blessedby3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr&momto2boys View Post
I made a new Yak & Yeti ADR online. For 7 people, there was no availability the whole day! So I changed my request to 6 people and got right around noon like we wanted.

I understand that they want us to reserve for 7 because of fire codes. (There are a maximum number of people who can be in the building at one time.) But I don't thnk it's at all likely that they will be filled to capacity at lunch time during a Friday in an off season. Since we really only need a table for 6, it should be fine. If they're truly filled and turn us away, it's a chance I'm willing to take. I'd rather take that chance than eat lunch at 2:30 (our original reservation.)

This ADR eperience has prepared me for our November trip though! We are going to have to call ASAP the first day possible to make ADR's for 13 people or our dining times will be ridiculous or we'll be shut out.
Glad you got the time you wanted! Im sure you will be fine when you check in.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: