Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #31
Pugsly
Mouseketeer

My ex husband and I have had no contact since before our divorce in 2006. Not that I would expect any, of course, since he was ordered to pay me several thousand dollars. - of course I'll never hear from him again.
My current DH was divorced for about 20 years when we met. He had a friendly relationship with her the whole time (they have two adult children). But he warned me that she was consistent about blowing into town and wedging herself in between him and whoever he was dating. And he allowed it. He told me he would not allow it this time. But she tried. Oh how she tried. Moved back here from China when he told her about us. I won't go into all the stunts she pulled, but my favorite was when she came to him the week before our wedding and told him she had a psychic vision that I was going to leave him in 3 years and take all of his money. Yeah ... There's no contact anymore.

14 trips and counting ...
1978-offsite 1998-POFQ 2000-ASMo 2001-ASMo, CSR 2003-ASMo 2003-Hotel Santa Fe (DLP) 2004-ASMo, WL 2008-Pop 2009-Poly 2011-Hilton Grand Vacation Club 2012-Carribbean Beach 2012-Disney Magic Western Carribbean 2013-Grand Californian 2014-AoA
Pugsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #32
SAT
Earning My Ears

I only speak to my ex regarding the children. Otherwise, no contact. If I liked him well enough to keep talking to him, he wouldn't be my ex.
SAT is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #33
House_of_Mouse Fan
Mouseketeer

My ex and I only converse (by email) when we need to discuss something related to our teenaged daughter. She just started university so I do keep in the loop regarding her progress. I guess I feel obligated since he's paying child support until she's finished university. I haven't "spoken" to him since the divorce was final two and a half years ago.

August 2008 - All-Star Movies; August 2009 - Polynesian, March 2010 - BCV; August 2010 - Polynesian & VWL; December 2010 - BWV; March 2011 - VWL; August 2011 - BCV and Disney Cruise; August 2012 - Paradise Pier, Disneyland; August 2013 - BLT, VWL & Disney Cruise; July 2014 - VWL & Grand Floridian; August 2014 - Disney Cruise to the Mediterranean; July 2015 - VWL & Disney Cruise
House_of_Mouse Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #34
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000
If you can't say somethng nice, come sit next to me
Has the wherewithall to save bakery goods from earthquakes

My husband was married once before for two years in his early 20's. It was what the kids call a "starter marriage" these days They divorced extremely amicably and decided to just get on with their lives. He hasn't spoken to her since but wishes her well. I even offered to try and find her, just so that he would know she was good and okay, and he declined. He speaks rather fondly of her and of course I am so intrigued to find out about her life.
WDW: October 2010: DCL, Poly, and the Grand for the 10th Anniversary Extravaganza!, Oct/Nov. 2008 CBR / Sept. 2007 CBR / Oct. 2006 AKL / August 2005 POR (hello Katrina!) / 1998 Off Campus at the Grosvenor (ENGAGED AT EPCOT )
DL: Twice a month for years / Multiple visits since birth / 1989 CM on Main Street / 2000 Disneyland Fairy Tale Wedding
DCL: Oct 2010 4-Day Caribbean / Nov 2011 Mexican Riviera / Oct 2012 Mexican Riviera
Handbag Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #35
christineann
DIS Veteran

Before the ex lost visitation rights (prompted by the kids) due to child endangerment/neglect, we rarely spoke. He stopped calling me after I got a court order that our telephone conversations could be taped by either one of us and were admissible in court (I guess it was no fun for him to call me anymore since the death threats were finally going to be admissible). Before that, he called me constantly, even after he got married.
christineann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #36
ohiomom28
DIS Veteran

Haven't heard from my ex in 3 years. ..and neither has my son. We are much better off.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using DISBoards
Old 03-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #37
tvguy
Question anything the facts don't support.

I guess it depends. I know more than one couple that confused being good friends with being in love and got married. They got divorced and got back to just being friends.

I work with a guy who still shares a house with his ex 15 years after their divorce. He has the upstairs, she has the downstairs. And they date, other people.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:34 PM   #38
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomom28 View Post
Haven't heard from my ex in 3 years. ..and neither has my son. We are much better off.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using DISBoards

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #39
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

I don't have an ex, but my DD does. She is recently divorced after being married for 3 years; dated for 6. No kids, but they did have a dog. She couldn't find a place that would let her bring the dog, so she let the ex have him (ex bought her out of their house). She hasn't had any contact since divorce was final; she couldn't wait for that so she could block his calls/ emails. He offered to let her visit the dog, she wants a clean break.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:10 AM   #40
Lassie Lynne
DIS Professional Lurker

None, by choice. If they knocked on my door, I probably wouldn't answer the door

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: