Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #1201
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425

If you book a room and ticket package, it requires a $200 deposit with the full balance due 45 days before check in.
Okay. Great. That's perfect then. And if I book on disneys website then I can make payments? And if free dining does become available then I can call and they will add it on? ( sorry so many ?'s- I just want to do it right)!

Thx
tracydeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #1202
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

I'm waiting for sept 7th. FD. Typically they would come out with offer in march April. I have a feeling it's gonna be mid April I started making ADRs. I will have to cancel most if we don't get FD.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #1203
jacksgirl
Mouseketeer

Tracy:

Yes, you can make payments by phone to Disney. You can book either on the website or by phone at 407-939-7211. I usually prefer to book by phone because you get to speak to an actual CM and they are very helpful. You can make as many payments, in whatever increment you want, as long as it's paid off by 45 days prior to your trip.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #1204
SnoopyGal7
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! I'm new-- this is my first post, but I've been a long time lurker. Just wanted to let everyone know that I booked our vacation package today for September 8-16, over the phone with a CM. Completley unsolicited, the CM let me know that there will be a "signficant discount that should be coming out sometime around April to May", after I asked to add on the Dining Plan. I know people get different info. from CM's on the phone, but I just thought it was an interesting tidbit he threw out there, especially since I didn't ask any questions about it. So, just wanted to throw in my 2 cents!
SnoopyGal7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #1205
seasidespences
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyGal7
Hi everyone! I'm new-- this is my first post, but I've been a long time lurker. Just wanted to let everyone know that I booked our vacation package today for September 8-16, over the phone with a CM. Completley unsolicited, the CM let me know that there will be a "signficant discount that should be coming out sometime around April to May", after I asked to add on the Dining Plan. I know people get different info. from CM's on the phone, but I just thought it was an interesting tidbit he threw out there, especially since I didn't ask any questions about it. So, just wanted to throw in my 2 cents!
I'll take ANY little tidbit to hold onto!! Any discount is welcome but free dining would be awesome! Thanks for the info!
seasidespences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #1206
mikeking48
Earning My Ears

Airfare

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracydeech View Post
I have a question- do u guys already book your fall vacations and then add "free dining" on if its offered? I was thinking of going nov 2013. Was going to book air travel as soon as I see a better price ( out of Cleveland it's lookin like $300 a per).

So I guess my real ? Is- should I just book and reserve room (pop non preferred) and tickets soon? Or just wait til July when any deals come out. I'm just wanting to do it the best way.

Thx for advice.
Rule of thumb is to book airfare around 90 days out. Cleveland (Hopkins) to Orlando (MCO) cost me $179 a person booking on the 92nd day before leaving. Try using Yapta, airfarewatchdog. or fly.com.
mikeking48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #1207
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

I booked most of my dining tonight. Was very happy getting all the places and times I wanted. Now all we need is free dining !! It's so nerve racking !!!! I don't want to have to cancel
Old 03-13-2013, 12:21 AM   #1208
DrivnMeUpTheWall-E
Earning My Gears

Has anyone noticed on the new site that you can't book ADRs past the 180 days? Isn't it supposed to be open to resort guests +10 days? Do you have to book these ADRs on the phone, now?

DrivnMeUpTheWall-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:49 AM   #1209
SnoopyGal7
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivnMeUpTheWall-E View Post
Has anyone noticed on the new site that you can't book ADRs past the 180 days? Isn't it supposed to be open to resort guests +10 days? Do you have to book these ADRs on the phone, now?
If your computer is showing the new website (which mine was), yup it won't let you go past the 180 mark, and you have to phone in to make reservations. It's a glitch they haven't fixed for awhile now. However, if you have an iPad, it still uses the old site, for whatever reason (others have reported this). On the old site, you can make your reservations for the ten days past (once you link your reservation number). That's how I made mine today.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:22 AM   #1210
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeking48

Rule of thumb is to book airfare around 90 days out. Cleveland (Hopkins) to Orlando (MCO) cost me $179 a person booking on the 92nd day before leaving. Try using Yapta, airfarewatchdog. or fly.com.
Wow!!! That is great compared to what I'm lookin at ! I'm just afraid the price will go higher if i don't book flight now-I just can't imagine higher than $300. Sheesh! I'm goin mid nov so ....so August I would book then. Do u think a TA would have better luck finding me a better price on flight? I have AAA but I'm booking hotel and tickets myself as I want full control
tracydeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:22 AM   #1211
black562
Dis Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwithboys

If you are making ADR's then yes I would suggest booking. We will most likely go regardless of the discount and I do not want to miss out on booking my ADR's waiting for a discount. I am have a lot of faith *something* will be released not sure what!?
But you don't have to book a package to make ADRs. I made one ADR each morning last week and got everything I wanted. Now my ADRs are made for my trip and I will now wait to see what the promotion will be.

If everyone books up rooms, Disney will see their occupancy rates as being solid and won't have any reason to offer a promo. A sure fire way not to get free dining is everyone booking rooms. We want Disney to see large room vacancies so they will want to offer a good promo.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:22 AM   #1212
DisneyBliss7
"Do you want to build a snowman?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyGal7 View Post
This makes me so happy and hopeful We are booked 9/28-10/06.
Thanks for sharing

DD-13 DD-10 DS-7 DS-7 DS-3 DH- ME-
DisneyBliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:07 AM   #1213
DonoMoose
Mouseketeer

hopping on board

9/13(POP) 3/13(AKL) 3/09(Pop) 3/07 (ASM)
9/06(Pop) 04(OP)

ME DH DS11 DS2 DD8
DonoMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:38 AM   #1214
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

I would imagine they already know what promotions they're going to offer.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #1215
SnoopyGal7
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post
I would imagine they already know what promotions they're going to offer.
Yup, agreed!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: