Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #31
sorceressk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaMouseketeers
Cast members
Broadway style show
Our son had a blast in the kids clubs
Wife and I had a blast with the adult entertainment options
PALO
Rotational dining
Rainforest room

We keep going back because DCL has never disappointed us. We have done a three, four, seven (eastern), and 15 night (Wonder PC) cruise.

We have a four night Dream booked this winter 2013 and a seven night Fantasy for winter 2014. First time on these ships and we can't wait
I would add Remy to this list! It's such a great dining experience!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #32
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

We originally booked because of the Kids Sail Free promotion. During the pirate party my daughter turned to me with a look of pure joy on her face and then threw her arms around me to give me a big hug. We booked a Panama Canal cruise the next day.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder
jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #33
Wildernessbride2005
Mouseketeer

The service is incredible. We have sailed on 5 DCL cruises and would not hesitate to book another.
Wildernessbride2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #34
Tower
DIS Veteran

My original 'hook' was not cruising on a DCL ship. Our first cruise was on Royal Caribbean, before kids, and with about 25-30 other couples we all mutally knew. It was a 3 night cruise, with one port in Nassau. While deciding on embarking, we watched the Disney Wonder come into port. At the time, there were only 2 DCL ships. We watched it come into the docks and waited to see the type of people that would be cruising with Disney. Expected to see lots of kids etc.
To our surprise, not many people came off! But while on deck of the Sovereign of the Seas, we heard noises coming from the Wonder. Familiar noises you would recognize in a family-oriented neighbourhood in the summer. It was children screaming with delight! Everybody was having such a great time on the ship, they did not bother leaving to go into port! Thats what told me that it may be worthwhile investigating DCL sometime. After doing another RCCL and 2 Carnivals, we decided that 1 week was necessary for our first Disney cruise. We haven't looked back! We have another one booked, though not on our timeline yet as it's a dummy until we know what's up for 2014.

Past Disney Visits:
Mar 28-Apr 5, 2004 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 10-16, 2006 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 8-14, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies Resort
Dec 3-12, 2009 - CBR & Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Tour!
Feb 1-10, 2012 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 10-17, 2012 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean to Grand Cayman & Cozumel!
Nov 8-15, 2013 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #35
suffieldhockeymom
DIS Veteran

For us it's freedom to do what we want and not have to worry about the others in our family. The kids have so much fun!!!!!!!! I didn't see my teen-aged sons except for meals and port adventures.

The food is out of this world. every time I saw my children they were eating something, mostly chicken strips and ice cream.

The size of the rooms are incredible. we had plenty of room in an inside deluxe cabin for me and 3 teen boys. I love the split bathroom!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:52 AM   #36
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

What originally sold me on booking with DCL was that they docked at their private island (the only ones at the time) and with my mother in a wheelchair, that was a big issue for me.

I also trusted the Disney brand and service expectations due to my experiences at WDW (hotels, restaurants and parks).

DCL hooked me on cruising and I'm very grateful for that - they just haven't hooked me on cruising DCL exclusively - I also enjoy cruising on Carnival (loved it!), have cruised on RCCL (it was good but a little boring) and am looking forward to trying Celebrity and maybe other cruiselines as well.
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #37
TiggerBouncy
Mouseketeer

My "hook" is definately the disney experience.

But more than that, I love the cleanliness of the Disney ships and how well DCL maintains it's fleet.

I just remember pulling into port at St Martin last year and as soon as we docked, crew memebers poured out of the thing like a fleet of ants crawling up the sides and hosing off the salt water and cleaning and polishing the ship.

Behind us comes in a RCL ship full of rust stains and marks and they took no opportunty or effort to clean their ship.

Besides that, Disney went out of their way to accomidate my wife's allergies (they gave her the menu for the next day so she could order the day before and have her food ready). When she got sick on lobster night (because of all the shellfish in the air - her allergy), she had disney staff following her around like a swarm of bees to the lobby to make sure she was okay. I doubt you could have swatted them off with a tree.

The waiter had our drinks before we even sat down (just like we liked them without even asking us!). No reasonable request went unanswered!

But as always, it's the small things that matter the most to me! How polite everyone was, etc.

And I loved how DCL managed to keep the look of the ship elegant and not too cartoony or overdone, but still with enough Disney to make it special!
TiggerBouncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #38
suffieldhockeymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerBouncy View Post
My "hook" is definately the disney experience.

But more than that, I love the cleanliness of the Disney ships and how well DCL maintains it's fleet.

I just remember pulling into port at St Martin last year and as soon as we docked, crew memebers poured out of the thing like a fleet of ants crawling up the sides and hosing off the salt water and cleaning and polishing the ship.

Behind us comes in a RCL ship full of rust stains and marks and they took no opportunty or effort to clean their ship.

Besides that, Disney went out of their way to accomidate my wife's allergies (they gave her the menu for the next day so she could order the day before and have her food ready). When she got sick on lobster night (because of all the shellfish in the air - her allergy), she had disney staff following her around like a swarm of bees to the lobby to make sure she was okay. I doubt you could have swatted them off with a tree.

The waiter had our drinks before we even sat down (just like we liked them without even asking us!). No reasonable request went unanswered!

But as always, it's the small things that matter the most to me! How polite everyone was, etc.

And I loved how DCL managed to keep the look of the ship elegant and not too cartoony or overdone, but still with enough Disney to make it special!

I totally agree with the allergy accommodation! When I asked about dietary modifications for my son's milk/soy allergy, the cast member asked what I would like to see right down to the flavor of Rice Dream Ice Cream he would want. I was totally shocked. They had 3 different flavors for him on the ship. All of the servers knew what he could and couldn't have. He even tried to cheat and they wouldn't let him!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #39
Thnlk
Mouseketeer

Our first 3 cruises were all on Disney. The we thought lets save some money and we booked Carnival for a15 day Hawaiin . It was fine but my wife and I kept saying o each other it ain't Disney. We will never stray again

Disneyland Tokyo 1990
Disneyland California 2009
Disney Wester Caribbean Cruise 2011/2013/2015
Disney World 2011 / 2012 / 2014
Disney Eastern Carribean Cruise 2012
Disney Alaskian Cruise 2012
Disney California Coast Cruise 2014
Disney Panama Canal repo 2014
Thnlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #40
michel1145
Earning My Ears

Everyone gets a vacation on a Disney Cruise!
michel1145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:18 AM   #41
Husurdady
DIS Veteran

DLC are the " HAPPY SHIPS ".
Old 04-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #42
sorceressk
Mouseketeer

This is why--

http://www.pulse.me/email_link?c=ema...me%2Fs%2FkFXca

The memories.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:07 PM   #43
jbuckent
DIS Veteran

Our 'hook' has passed but I'll share anyway.

We had cruised Carnival and Royal Caribbean previously and had a lot of fun. Back in 2004, we were discussing vacation, but we now had a baby, I called Carnival and Royal and asked about daycare for our 12 month old and was told something along the lines of... 'we might be able to arrange a crew member willing to watch your child in your room during their time off'. Um no thanks! Somehow Disney popped in my husbands head and plain as day on their website they had childcare for babies! So we tried it. That was the hook.

We then found everything about the cruise to be perfect for our family. Dinner was especially fantastic as the server cut my daughters food into itty bitty baby sized pieces and made dinner as equally enjoyable for all 3 of us.

Every time we went back it was a perfect experience for the various ages my family has been.
2/2011 Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean | 2/2012 Five nights at Port Orleans French Quarter and 2/2012 Disney Dream 3-night Bahamas
3/2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean with San Juan

11/2014 Wine & Dine half marathon followed by
11/2014 Disney Dream 4-night Bahamas
jbuckent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #44
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

The biggest hooks for us are the attention to detail and customer service!!! The kids LOVED the clubs. There's really nothing I don't like,,,
Old 04-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #45
MNKelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceressk View Post
That is so COOL! I still have tears in my eyes, thanks for sharing this story.
MNKelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: