Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #271
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrysmom View Post
This is the first trip report I've read all the way through! We are taking our family (me, DH, and our five kiddos) to Disneyland this December, so I was so excited to see a little preview of the magic. We usually do Disneyland every other year, but it's always been February or March, so I'm beyond excited to see what Christmas in the park is all about!

(And on an incredibly silly side-note- thanks for posting how tall you are. I've been coveting the classic Mickey shirt you were wearing the first day, but being 5'9" and about your size, I was worried it would be too short. Now I can order it worry-free!)
Welp, I sure feel honored to have the first TR you've read til the end! Haha. You guys are all going to have so much fun in December! It was such a fun trip to take, I can't wait to go back again. The decorations are honestly jaw-dropping.

Oh! I actually got that t-shirt at Target! It's actually the perfect length, so I'd suggest if you want that one, definitely grab it at Target because I'm not sure if the t-shirt is the same as the one you're wanting to order! Plus, it was only $10, so even better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briarrose1306 View Post
I know I'm late to the party, but I'm reading through you TR from the beginning and had to comment on Chapter Five: "I am NEVER going on Splash Mountain again!" This is so why I have a love/hate relationship with SM. I'm never one that gets a little wet, it's ALWAYS a downpour on me, soaked all the way though, so I totally understand your misery. I lost my first cell phone because of SM.
Haha I'm glad you're enjoying my TR and it's NEVER too late to join, I promise! Sure it's over, but I love hearing from people who have read through the whole thing. It was a wonderful trip for us!

OMG, that Splash experience was just... not fun. We are so lucky that my camera was on top of the ponchos in my backpack, otherwise it would have probably been waterlogged. I'm glad I'm not alone in getting soaked on Splash in Disneyland!
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #272
Briarrose1306
Mouseketeer

Someone just posted a thread on the DL board asking how wet you get on SM and GRR and I had to share the fact that I'm one that always gets SOAKED. If I don't plan to be wet for awhile and don't have flip flops w me, I don't ride them. For some reason I just can't get "okay" with wearing a poncho. Slightly sad as I love the rides, especially SM at night, but I just can't do it.

Loving your TR though, off to read more now!
Disneyland - BW Anaheim October 2013 Little Brother's Birthday Trip
Disneyland - BW Anaheim June/July 2013 First Solo Trip
Disneyland - DLH April/May 2013 Birthday Trip
Disneyland - BW Stovall's Christmas 2012 Family Trip
Disneyland - BW Stovall's October 2012 Little Brother's Birthday Trip
Disneyland - BW Stovall's July 2012 First Disney Trip with Boyfriend
Disneyland - BW Stovall's & Anaheim Valentine's 2012 Family Trip
Disneyland - BW Anaheim December 2011 Brother/Sister Trip
Disneyland - BWPPI May 2011 Father/Daughter Trip - The Beginning of the Annual Passport
14 Disneyland Trips between 1984-2010
Briarrose1306 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 10:27 PM   #273
merrysmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
Welp, I sure feel honored to have the first TR you've read til the end! Haha. You guys are all going to have so much fun in December! It was such a fun trip to take, I can't wait to go back again. The decorations are honestly jaw-dropping.

Oh! I actually got that t-shirt at Target! It's actually the perfect length, so I'd suggest if you want that one, definitely grab it at Target because I'm not sure if the t-shirt is the same as the one you're wanting to order! Plus, it was only $10, so even better!
Good to know! It looks kind of like the one at the Disney store online. Wish I lived closer to a Target- we're two hours away. Anybody want to buy me one- LOL!

merrysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #274
Briarrose1306
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post

I LOVE this picture of ToonTown! It seriously looks like a painting! The colors are just so perfect!
Disneyland - BWPPI May 2011 Father/Daughter Trip - The Beginning of the Annual Passport
Old 03-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #275
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Just read your TR from start to finish in a few days. Thanks for sharing all your fun!

DH & I went to DL for one day while we were in CA a few years ago but since we only had one day, we didn't get to do CA Adventure or watch any of the nighttime shows. Thanks for all your tips!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #276
Briarrose1306
Mouseketeer

Great TR! I loved reading it!
Old 03-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #277
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Someone just posted a thread on the DL board asking how wet you get on SM and GRR and I had to share the fact that I'm one that always gets SOAKED. If I don't plan to be wet for awhile and don't have flip flops w me, I don't ride them. For some reason I just can't get "okay" with wearing a poncho. Slightly sad as I love the rides, especially SM at night, but I just can't do it.

Loving your TR though, off to read more now!
Hahaha, I'm with you! I'm okay getting soaked if I have the proper clothing/sandals, but otherwise, nooot so much. I just had never gotten THAT soaked on Splash in Disney World, so I had no idea it would be that crazy in Disneyland! Lesson learned!

I'm sticking with Splash in Disney World for now, unless I'm in Disneyland and it's super hot out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrysmom View Post
Good to know! It looks kind of like the one at the Disney store online. Wish I lived closer to a Target- we're two hours away. Anybody want to buy me one- LOL!
Yeah no problem! I also wear some of them from the Disney Store online and haven't had any issues! The red one in this TR was from Disney Store, if that helps, and it fit me well!

Quote:
I LOVE this picture of ToonTown! It seriously looks like a painting! The colors are just so perfect!
Oh thank you so much! I really loved some of the colors in ToonTown that night, it's beautiful when all decorated for Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Just read your TR from start to finish in a few days. Thanks for sharing all your fun!

DH & I went to DL for one day while we were in CA a few years ago but since we only had one day, we didn't get to do CA Adventure or watch any of the nighttime shows. Thanks for all your tips!
Awesome, thank you for checking this one out, as well!!

No problem on the tips, they were things I learned in researching and just while we were at the park that I thought other people might appreciate to know!

Quote:
Great TR! I loved reading it!
Aww thank you again so much for reading it! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Old 03-13-2013, 10:46 PM   #278
lsulindy
DIS Veteran

You finished your report while I was on my trip, and I'm just making my way over to complete my reading. I just wanted to thank you for sharing! I so enjoyed it while planning my trip! I'm bookmarking your WDW report and hope to start it soon!

A few trips as a kid, first in 1979 last in 1991.
Trips with dh and our kids:
April/May 2008 - Buena Vista Suites
March 2011 - Windsor Palms
February 2013 - Disneyland!! TR in progress!

lsulindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #279
woodynjessiesmomma
Earning My Ears

I just have to tell you how much I love your trip reports! I started lurking on Dis longing for a disney vacation (I've only been to WDW twice and I miss it). Your Showboating TR was fabulous and then I read this one... This TR convinced me that we have to try DL at Christmas! DH is on board and I'm counting down the days. Thank you so much for the fabulous pictures!

woodynjessiesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #280
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsulindy View Post
You finished your report while I was on my trip, and I'm just making my way over to complete my reading. I just wanted to thank you for sharing! I so enjoyed it while planning my trip! I'm bookmarking your WDW report and hope to start it soon!
Oh yay, I'm glad you are over here finishing up reading!! I hope your trip was an absolute blast, too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodynjessiesmomma View Post
I just have to tell you how much I love your trip reports! I started lurking on Dis longing for a disney vacation (I've only been to WDW twice and I miss it). Your Showboating TR was fabulous and then I read this one... This TR convinced me that we have to try DL at Christmas! DH is on board and I'm counting down the days. Thank you so much for the fabulous pictures!
Thank you so much for coming over and saying hello!! And I'm also beyond happy that my TR helped make you a decision to go to DL at Christmas time! It's absolutely beautiful and the best time to go!! We are going to try to go back again in mid-November and I can't wait, we really loved Disneyland!!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #281
Mrs. Gumdrop
DIS Veteran

I have hopped on this band wagon just in time for it to wrap up! And in a minute I am going to hop over to your latest report. You two are just adorable!

Congrats on your Disney passport. Purchasing that golden ticket had to feel amazing! Like Disney royalty. Rock on!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #282
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

I finally got through reading the rest of your report! I was there the same week as you but left in the morning on the day you arrived. I actually left earlier than I had planned due to the rain! I had to make the drive home and was afraid the rain would cause it to take too long!

I'm sorry you got stuck with so much rain but it sounds like you still had a fabulous time!

I will say I have not gotten soaked on Splash Mountain. The key to that ride is to be in the back... Seats 4 and 5 are the best. 6 is okay but because its a bench east your butt will get wet.

I really loved World of Color the 2nd and 3rd time I saw it but it is getting to not be as enjoyable anymore, just because of all the waiting you have to do and then standing the entire time of the show. When you have been walking all day that is just terribly hard!

Next time make sure you check out more of Bug's Land, Specifically Heimlich's Chew-Chew train, it is a really short ride but so enjoyable!

skipping over to your WDW TR now.. Can't wait to read all about that one as well!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #283
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Gumdrop View Post
I have hopped on this band wagon just in time for it to wrap up! And in a minute I am going to hop over to your latest report. You two are just adorable!

Congrats on your Disney passport. Purchasing that golden ticket had to feel amazing! Like Disney royalty. Rock on!
Aww yay! I actually enjoy when I find a new TR to read that has been completed, and then knowing there's another one going on to hop into is even better. FEEDS MY ADDICTION!

But thank you for the wonderful comments! I have to say, we felt like Disney royalty buying those things! Hahaha. Looking forward to seeing you over at my WDW TR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
I finally got through reading the rest of your report! I was there the same week as you but left in the morning on the day you arrived. I actually left earlier than I had planned due to the rain! I had to make the drive home and was afraid the rain would cause it to take too long!

I'm sorry you got stuck with so much rain but it sounds like you still had a fabulous time!

I will say I have not gotten soaked on Splash Mountain. The key to that ride is to be in the back... Seats 4 and 5 are the best. 6 is okay but because its a bench east your butt will get wet.

I really loved World of Color the 2nd and 3rd time I saw it but it is getting to not be as enjoyable anymore, just because of all the waiting you have to do and then standing the entire time of the show. When you have been walking all day that is just terribly hard!

Next time make sure you check out more of Bug's Land, Specifically Heimlich's Chew-Chew train, it is a really short ride but so enjoyable!

skipping over to your WDW TR now.. Can't wait to read all about that one as well!
I know, we just missed each other! That rain was yucky and pretty brutal, but we made the most of it and had a blast... I'm just hoping next trip that we don't have to deal with the same amount of rain again!

Yeah, I know a big reason we got soaked was from sitting in the front... buuut we couldn't switch to the back. I just enjoy Splash at WDW better because the story makes a lot more sense, haha.

WoC I totally agree with you on! I'm not sure we'll watch it next trip, just because we don't have a TON of time when we go, so depending on what we're looking to do, we'll see if we watch it. I REALLY want to see Believe... In Holiday Magic again when it's not so cloudy out.

I'm very much looking forward to exploring more of the parks in general, especially California Adventure and more of Carsland!

Glad to have you over on my other TR, of course, as well!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #284
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Hi Dani, I'm so stoked! I just booked my reservation at Desert Inn for my summer trip. Thanks so much for your advice and awesome DLR TR :D -Amanda
Old 04-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #285
flyergrad09
Future Monorail Driver

I love all of the Christmas-ifications they do to the rides at DL! I wish they did more of that at WDW, but I agree with your point about first time visitors to WDW not being able to see the rides in their original states.

Somehow I missed that they had changed the sleds on the Matterhorn, and even though they look a little cramped, I am SO glad that they changed them! When my family went to Disneyland in 2010, I wound up straddling my brother on the Matterhorn, and while I loved the ride, it wasn't a comfy situation at all!

You guys definitely made the right choice in doing the non-swinging side of Mickey's Fun Wheel, or as I call it, Mickey's Not-So-Fun Wheel (I have other choice words for it too... lol). My brother and I did the swinging side, while my parents and sister did the non-swinging side, and aside from my mom and sister's fear of heights, they loved it. And I thought I was going to either die or lose my breakfast all over the nice foreign men in the cage with my brother and I!

I've always wanted to do a tour in one of the parks, and yours sounds like fun! Isn't there a tour that's more or less designed for a Disney expert? I don't know if they have it at DL, but I'm pretty sure they do at WDW. I think I'd get bored with the exact tour you guys did. But holy cow, the lighting of IASM is so beautiful! If I ever see it in person, I'm going to be a puddle of emotions.

Gah, I love WoC so much! I just watched a video of it on YouTube the other day. The Lion King part? Oh man! So good, but so sad! I haven't seen it with the Brave clips in it... all the more reason to go back, right?

Your video is so good! Do you film clips using your regular camera? They always look so clear & crisp!

And now, back to your current TR! :D

Follow me on Twitter! @flyergrad09 • Follow me on Instagram! @flyergrad09

I've been a Disney girl my entire life!
May 1987 - Offsite • November 1990 - Offsite • June 1998 - OKW • December 2001/January 2002 - Offsite • December 2003/January 2004 - Offsite • December 2007/January 2008 - Offsite • December 2009 - Offsite • July 2010 - DISNEYLAND! • December 2010 - Offsite • December 2011 - ASMu • May 2012 - ASMu
flyergrad09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: