Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #1
Duffysmyboy
Earning My Ears

Question Cool pools?

I love the pools at the hotels in WDW, but I want to know what are the best pools in the resorts. This will really help my family to decide which resort to stay at next time we go. We like to go when the wether is really hot, so a good pool would really help. We have already stayed at pop Century, and Beach and Yacht.
Duffysmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
diskar2
Mouseketeer

Beach club has the best pool! I also like the anima kingdom lodge pool.

diskar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
disneyanney
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."-Albus Dumbledore

Our family's favorite resort is the Polynesian-they have a volcano water slide and I think the pool is pretty nice (we haven't stayed there in 6 years b/c we can't afford two rooms-our 6th member (little brother) past age of three:/-but I know the pool is the same). Since I haven't stayed there in a while like I said, I can't tell you for sure if these next things are still true, but I'm sure at least one of them is. They have a beach at the Poly, and when we were there the lifeguards would gather up some kids and play kickball-this would be great if you have younger siblings. Another thing is that if you are the first one in line for the volcano slide in the morning you get crowned king of the slide for the day with a special ceremony. My brother did that-he was there before the slide even opened! The great thing about that special moment is that we were done with the parks and were just going for a swim before we had to leave that afternoon. But anyway it was really fun-that's the one that I can't say they still do-I really hope they do, but you'd have to ask someone else (thank goodness for the disboards, right?).
The volcano slide is very fun and it's big! (at least from what I can remember). But the pics will show you what I mean, as the theming is great. The pool is zero-entry as well, which is nice.

I know you asked specifically for a note on good pools, but I'm going to go ahead and tell you why I like the Poly as a resort as well. For us, it's the theming and atmosphere. You get leighs when you check in which really helps with the feel of it. Also, I know this costs extra but you can get a room that has a great view of the volcano slide-we had it last time we stayed there. Also-for us the smell really goes well! It just smells tropical (that nice fresh smell, I mean). Also they have a dinner show; I forgot what it's called though. might already know this but it is a monorail resort so you can get to Epcot and MK faster. Honestly I think if you like the tropical Hawaiian feel as much as we do it would be a good place to stay.
"If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme." -Jiminy Cricket
"The very things that hold you down are going to lift you back up." -Timothy Mouse
"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or...learn from it." -Rafiki
"Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people’s business.
Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.
Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor.
Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball." — The Marauders’ Map

Offsite @ DL Feb 2000 offsite DL Aug. 2000 AKL Jan 2002 OKW Oct 2002 & MNSSHP POR/GF castle view May 2004 DL/SW offsite May 2005 Disney Magic Mar. 2006 Home @ Poly Sept. 2006/2007 + MNSSHP DL offsite Dec. 2008 Disney Wonder & MNSSHP Oct. 2009 POR May 2011 Disney Dream May/June 2012 & WWOHP Royal @ POR May 2013
disneyanney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #4
Tom999
Earning My Ears

cool,wagaga

cool
Tom999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: