Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #16
karmic
Mouseketeer

Also, going to the front desk at CBR is not that easy as it is a bus ride away from the rooms
karmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #17
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

I'm sorry, it sounds like you are on a disaster of a trip! Try to make the best of things, and realize that thousands upon thousands of people have stayed at CBR and not had the problems you are having. Sometimes the Universe just decides to push your buttons.

It could be worse. Like my trip last year where we checked in at CSR and had the perfect room--and then my sister was in the hospital 10 hours later. Trust me, I would have traded that for a broken sensor in a flash!
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #18
maxiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmic View Post
Also, going to the front desk at CBR is not that easy as it is a bus ride away from the rooms
No matter what section you are in, you are way closer than 3 1/2 hours away! I agree you it can be a hike, but much better that then wasting time waiting for them to come.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #19
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina
Those door sensors can be problematic at any hotel in the world that has them (which is most!). I wouldn't blame CBR.
Ditto. And the technology is not cheap either. We are changing over our doors in 111 buildings where I work and the work is expensive and tedious. You will miss issues along the way and work out the bugs. It happens everywhere.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #20
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktnryansmom View Post
They let us in and told us to wait until they fixed it.
Lauren a manager was very nice (after dealing with 4 others) and promised to take care of it. She comped our room and offered us a taxi to MK so we would make our dinner reservation at BOG.
Fingers crossed we aren't locked out when we return tonight
they comp'd your room ? i'm shocked, congrats

are you the same person who posted regarding being unhappy with their room recently?

just wondering since we have our 1st stay booked at the resort in June and other than some unfortunate 'musty smelling room' comments all seemed well in the reviews. will have to keep an eye on the reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
Those door sensors can be problematic at any hotel in the world that has them (which is most!). I wouldn't blame CBR.

yep, i shuddered when i 1st heard they were installing them, then the news about the park braclets. Always issues in (hopefully) ironing out bugs in new technology.

keishashadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #21
momofkids
Mouseketeer

Did they comp the whole trip or just the day? Sorry, I was just curious. Hopefully this is all resolved and you can have a great vacation.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #22
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmic View Post
Ummm, no. We stayed in trinidad south in the furthest section from everything, it's walkable. Also, the internal bus does come rather quickly. I am sorry this happened to you. Sometimes things like this do happen at hotels, including ones at WDW. At least they did try to compensate you for the problem. Try to put it behind you and enjoy the rest of our stay at WDW.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #23
maxiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
are you the same person who posted regarding being unhappy with their room recently?
They are. They are finding the resort to be very loud--loud leaf blowers, loud neighbors, loud trucks. I would sure like to know what building they are in. We recently stayed in Jamaica 44, and I didn't have any problems with noise.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #24
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom

They are. They are finding the resort to be very loud--loud leaf blowers, loud neighbors, loud trucks. I would sure like to know what building they are in. We recently stayed in Jamaica 44, and I didn't have any problems with noise.
Me too. I stayed in Aruba 51 and it was so quiet. I loved the walk over to the main building each night.

Maybe they were sleeping until noon.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:06 PM   #25
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Me too. I stayed in Aruba 51 and it was so quiet. I loved the walk over to the main building each night.

Maybe they were sleeping until noon.
i think that's illegal when staying onsite @ WDW

we always joke no need to set the alarm, always a built in wake up call of some sort another...it's expected. We usually crash early from exhaustion anyway. i'm going to ask for 2nd floor in jamaica, aruba or even martinique and hope for the best.

keishashadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #26
ktnryansmom
Mouseketeer

I understand the sensors can be problematic.

My issue was with being told different stories by 4 different on-site staff members.
I never called the call center.

First told me I didn't have to stay in the room...ran to grab some lunch on site. Came back to a voicemail they wouldn't fix it unless we were there in the room

Back and forth until 4:30 pm.

All fixed but after being at POR without a hassle last week I expected better
ktnryansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #27
Tinkerpeas hubby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktnryansmom
I understand the sensors can be problematic.

My issue was with being told different stories by 4 different on-site staff members.
I never called the call center.

First told me I didn't have to stay in the room...ran to grab some lunch on site. Came back to a voicemail they wouldn't fix it unless we were there in the room

Back and forth until 4:30 pm.

All fixed but after being at POR without a hassle last week I expected better
I totally understand where your coming from with being mad at the situation!
We stayed at SSR for 16 nights in October while we loved our stay we did have some major issues,
We came back to our room after being at the park for the morning to a flooded bedroom! Our stuff was soaked that was on the floor nr the bed,
We was told to stay in the room and somebody would be up, we'll they came and all they did was lay down towels lol!
We called them back 4 hours later as it was still getting wetter and it ended up they needed to put a hole in the wall to see where it was coming from!
We did get comped 2 nights stay and had them personally drive us to our dinner ressies at GF due to us being mega late, although I'd stay again in a heart beat we ended up with tickets that didn't work 4 times due to room changes and lost 2 days at the park due to having to move.
I hope your stay gets better but at least they comped your nights stay.

Moi (31): dw (27): B (10) Ant (7): Avatar (7):
Tinkerpeas hubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #28
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmic
Just for clarity, no need to go to the front desk because it is a hike. That's why I suggested going to the concierge desk at OPR. They can do everything the front desk can from there. I know your issue has been resolved, this is for others reading this thread that may not know.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #29
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

omg when I seen the title of this post I thought WOW she must have found a snake in her bed or something or been robbed at gun point!....no... a dead door battery...really... thats all Im saying.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
pktbMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #30
ktnryansmom
Mouseketeer

I could have handled a snake

Being stuck on the last day of our park passes having traveled 2500 miles and saving for 2 years. iS a big deal to me and my kids.
ktnryansmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: