Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #706
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

And in other news, our friends just returned from a week at WDW and report that they found Dole Whips with spiced rum in Epcot!! Just when I thought a Dole Whip couldn't get any better . . .
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/BWI!)
Old 03-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #707
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
OK, I don't know what's going on with all the toiletries stuff!

I hope it is not guests squirreling away bottles as souvenirs!

I call this... One Shampoo Bottle Away from an Episode of Hoarders

PS- these were obtained on multiple trips by more than 1 guest at Disney resorts.

How did you get into my Disney stash?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #708
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
I know what you mean! I got our flight for June there but I'm still holding out for a cheaper flight home. At one point I has $1200 rt for 5 from Chicago but hesitated. I am regretting that decision!
That's what I was afraid of, so I booked. I'm regretting not booking in January for $377 August fare, but we had a WDW trip coming up and wanted to use the $ for trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
I know! The plane tickets for the five of us cost $750 more this year than last year. They have been creeping up and up so I bought mine, too. I know at some point there could be a sale, but I can't risk having us sitting all over the plane. I saw some families doing that last year, begging the airline to move people to seat them together, but no dice.
Our RT, totalled was $445 each. First time we didn't book RT, but separate segments. So we are flying Alaska Air down, and Delta back.

We have never paid over $375 RT before. And usually under $350. I'm having some sticker shock
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Old 03-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #709
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
How did you get into my Disney stash?
Love it! We have the same! I like the WDW and DL supply, but I really love the DCL stuff. (And our room host gave us a ton, so I'll have that around for ages - yay!)
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/BWI!)
Old 03-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #710
delilah18
Mouseketeer

life jackets on slide

Hello

I asked before on this board but no one was where could I find out for sure if you can wear a life jacket on the big slide?

Thanks

AoA LM 2012
POR RR 2013

Old 03-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #711
DWillowBay
DIS Veteran

Motorized boat question

In your experience, are reservations for the SeaRaycers at the YC a must (early Nov), or are they available most of the time?
Old 03-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #712
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Hello

I asked before on this board but no one was where could I find out for sure if you can wear a life jacket on the big slide?

Thanks
I think a few people said recently that their young children (or grandchildren) were allowed down the slide wearing a life jacket, but I think the final call would be with the CMs who are working at the slide/pool on a particular day.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #713
JulieT3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe

It sounds like you had an awesome time! Thanks for sharing! I've always wondered about WL! How was pool? Boat to MK?
Pool is nothing compared to SAB, but my kids still enjoy it. It was a little too cold for me this trip, though!

We have always thought the boat to MK was wonderful, and it usually goes direct to MK and back (there is a big boat and small boat that run simultaneously, so it is never usually more than 10 minutes before a boat arrives). Four some reason, there were times that WL and Ft. wilderness were sharing a big boat to MK. It was kind of a mess when that happened. At one point, the boat was returning from MK, with the first stop at WL. The boat was full and Nobody got off, as they were all going to ft. Wilderness, so none of the people at WL could get on that boat to go to MK. We ended up ditching the boat at that point and heading over to the bus. Anyway, in all of my stays there, this has never happened, so hopefully, it wont be a common issue.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #714
JulieT3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom
And in other news, our friends just returned from a week at WDW and report that they found Dole Whips with spiced rum in Epcot!! Just when I thought a Dole Whip couldn't get any better . . .
I had it a few days ago, and my two year old was very perturbed that I wouldn't share my ice cream with him!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #715
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi all! Pulled the plug, and booked flights for August, boy have they gone up I paid about $100 more then I'm used to, but was afraid to wait longer in case they keep creeping up. Guess I'll just have to live with the higher fare, and hope for our next trip I can do better!!
On the bright side, I'm one step closer to our Aug trip! so Yay!
I totally agree. I did NOT enjoy buying airfare this year. Almost opted for the Auto Train but can't add the time to our trip this year. My account at work is almost quadrupling in size and our team is going from 3 nurses to 8 nurses

But, while in WDW I will NOT be thinking about WORK!

Old 03-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #716
mistysue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Hello

Thanks
Yes.
As of last August they didn't care about wearing a life jacket on the slide.

I like vacations.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #717
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieT3

Pool is nothing compared to SAB, but my kids still enjoy it. It was a little too cold for me this trip, though!

We have always thought the boat to MK was wonderful, and it usually goes direct to MK and back (there is a big boat and small boat that run simultaneously, so it is never usually more than 10 minutes before a boat arrives). Four some reason, there were times that WL and Ft. wilderness were sharing a big boat to MK. It was kind of a mess when that happened. At one point, the boat was returning from MK, with the first stop at WL. The boat was full and Nobody got off, as they were all going to ft. Wilderness, so none of the people at WL could get on that boat to go to MK. We ended up ditching the boat at that point and heading over to the bus. Anyway, in all of my stays there, this has never happened, so hopefully, it wont be a common issue.
The boat was my least favorite part of WL. Took forever. We always walked up when it was the small boat with a HUGE line of ppl. Nope didn't like the boat one but. Guess we're just spoiled by the Epcot Resort boats. So happy to be going "home" in May!

Last edited by suemom2kay; 03-13-2013 at 05:14 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:41 AM   #718
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm not sure, and the person who provided the pictures, is not positive that it is the restroom you are talking about, but these are definitely at either the Yacht or Beach Club.

Perhaps someone here knows.

We still have a couple of volunteers visiting in the next month or so who can confirm, or take additional pictures if needed.

Let us know.

DISers rock!
YES they do ROCK !
Thank you SO MUCH natebenma & poolrat !
If these are the ones, it would be the middle photo. She is looking at Ariel's for the reception (not the bathroom ! ).....and we are being told that wedding guests will have to use the lobby restrooms in between Cape May and Ariel's. These would be the ones off the walkway/corridor that leads to the YC. So I'm not 100% sure these are the ones but close enough unless someone can confirm for sure in an upcoming trip to BC maybe ? Just want to see what the guests will be using. Thanks so much for following up natebenma !!!

Old 03-13-2013, 01:31 AM   #719
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
No way!! How did i miss this Where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWillowBay View Post
In your experience, are reservations for the SeaRaycers at the YC a must (early Nov), or are they available most of the time?
I haven't rented from YC, but have from Poly & WL and never needed a res. And whenever i pass a marina, there always seem to be plenty around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay View Post
I totally agree. I did NOT enjoy buying airfare this year. Almost opted for the Auto Train but can't add the time to our trip this year. My account at work is almost quadrupling in size and our team is going from 3 nurses to 8 nurses

But, while in WDW I will NOT be thinking about WORK!
No!!! Absolutley NO thinking about work is allowed in WDW!

Old 03-13-2013, 04:41 AM   #720
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
oooh now there's a thought
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieT3 View Post
I had it a few days ago, and my two year old was very perturbed that I wouldn't share my ice cream with him!

Quote:
No way!! How did i miss this Where?

I haven't rented from YC, but have from Poly & WL and never needed a res. And whenever i pass a marina, there always seem to be plenty around.

No!!! Absolutley NO thinking about work is allowed in WDW!
ITA with everything you said
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: