Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #526
singastory
Are you sure this water's sanitary? It looks questionable to me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieKT View Post
Called to book a backup room at the contemporary for my trip late January - no garden wing rooms available! This far out? I still am hoping I can do a point rental with Davids but I wanted a backup plan. Even the disney guy I spoke with thought that was unusual. Is there an evert I don't know about January 26-31st?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apopper74 View Post
I have the exact same dates for BLT next year.
I had a BLT request in with David's for 1/27-1/30. They couldn't fill it in 2 weeks of waiting, so I got nervous, canceled, and booked rack rate through Disney However, I am happy to say they WERE able to get me AKV within 2 days of my request for the few nights prior, so I'm just going to call it even. This way I only lose 3 nights worth of money instead of 6 if I have to cancel since my AKV reservation is non-refundable. I actually feel much more comfortable with my plan now. Good luck!

Last edited by singastory; 03-09-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #527
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by singastory

I had a BLT request in with David's for 1/27-1/30. They couldn't fill it in 2 weeks of waiting, so I got nervous, canceled, and booked rack rate through Disney However, I am happy to say they WERE able to get me AKV within 2 days of my request for the few nights prior, so I'm just going to call it even. This way I only lose 3 nights worth of money instead of 6 if I have to cancel since my AKV reservation is non-refundable. I actually feel much more comfortable with my plan now. Good luck!
Can all tower park view rooms see the fire works?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #528
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

WDWKOOK...could CR be holding back inventory for early next year as they might think too far out....kinda like airlines only sell so many seats on sale ?
Old 03-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #529
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 267

All CR tower theme park view rooms have a good to excellent view of the fireworks. The higher the floor the better. Remember rooms on that side start on the 6th floor.

For BLT, I don't know someone else will have to chime in on that.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
Old 03-11-2013, 12:23 AM   #530
cwt580
DIS Veteran

ok im a contemp newbie looking for some online checkin advice.

asks if i want a odd number room. I do have theme park tower room boooked.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #531
Turk February
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwt580 View Post
ok im a contemp newbie looking for some online checkin advice.

asks if i want a odd number room. I do have theme park tower room boooked.
Odd numbered rooms will have your bed facing MK so you can look at the park and fireworks while lying in bed. It's pretty cool and worth the request.
February 2011 - CSR
Christmas 2011 - Contemporary (MK View)
April 2013 - AKL Kidani Village (Savanna View)
October 2014 - POP Century
Childhood - March '83, March '84, November '84, January '87, August '87, October '87
Old 03-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #532
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 267 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
All CR tower theme park view rooms have a good to excellent view of the fireworks. The higher the floor the better. Remember rooms on that side start on the 6th floor.

For BLT, I don't know someone else will have to chime in on that.
At BLT, the Theme Park View category rooms have varying quality of fireworks views. again the higher the floor, the better. But since BLT is curved, the lower-numbered rooms have the better view, as they face directly at the castle. Rooms ending in xx16 or xx18 are about the best, I think. The higher-numbered rooms face more toward the Lagoon and the Contemporary, so you need to be out on the balcony and looking to the right to see the fireworks.

There are actually some Lake view rooms that also have fireworks views. Those are the low- and even-numbered rooms, facing north.

Check out this thread for photos...
BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 1/18/13

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 03-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #533
HokieKT
Earning My Ears

Good news - found a DVC member myself and got a lake view studio!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 01:50 PM   #534
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymd33 View Post
Thanks so much for doing this! It was wonderful and so informative! We are staying here in 3 months and this post answered so many of my questions, while creating more excitement for us! Great job and many thanks!
So glad you've found it helpful, disneymd33. Stop in here all you want the next 3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
WDWKOOK...could CR be holding back inventory for early next year as they might think too far out....kinda like airlines only sell so many seats on sale ?
I've not heard of WDW resorts doing that, as they always want to fill as many rooms as they can. They do, however, only apportion a set number of rooms for use with pin codes/discounts and they do take rooms out of inventory when they are going to be doing any sort of rehab or construction. If no one is able to book at rack rate for these dates, then that might be the case, but I've not read of any construction - yet.

Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #535
DISNEY CHICKIE
I'll be on the People Mover....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Welcome! CR is perfect with kids and being able to walk to the MK, boat to FTW and WL and monorail to three other resorts is so convenient. You're going to have a great first-time visit.

The BLV Tower rooms face toward Bay Lake, and unlike BLT, there aren't any BLV rooms that you would be able to see the castle from. However, you can see the nightly Electric Water Pageant from all BLV Tower rooms. If you did book a BLV CL room, you could see Wishes and the castle from the lounge. There is also a 4th floor observation deck where you can sit and watch the castle or Wishes, though it has been closed due to the roof construction.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Thank you so much for replying WDWKOOK!

And yes! We are so looking forward to the Electric Water Pageant as we have never seen it before! I am thinking that the BLT/CL is the way to go when DH and DD come along with us next year!

t I know you are probably told this daily, but I just have to say this CR thread is seriously the best! The up-to-date information along with the stunning pictures make planning for a CR/BLT stay so much easier! Thank you bunches for all your time and effort maintaining this thread!!!

1989 MAY - OFF-SITE VILLA - KISSIMMEE
2001 MAY - GROSVENOR RESORT
2005 APRIL - THE POLYNESIAN
2007 MAY - ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE

2009 JUNE - PORT ORLEANS - RIVERSIDE

2011 JUNE - ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE - SAVANNA VIEW
2012 JUNE - PORT ORLEANS - FRENCH QUARTER

2013 MAY - CONTEMPORARY RESORT - TOWER / BAY LAKE VIEW
2014 SEPT - CONTEMPORARY RESORT - TOWER / MK VIEW - OUR FIRST MNSSHP!!!

Old 03-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #536
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Congrats. Have a great trip.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 03-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #537
marybogue
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if there is any word on when the 4th floor observation deck will reopen? It's closed because of roof construction, right?

80's & 90's - Poly and Grand Floridian
October 2002 - Bay Hill
May 2013 - The Contemporary
January 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Old Key West
Old 03-13-2013, 03:40 AM   #538
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

Super Excited

Hi I just subbed this thread! It is very addicting, I really need to get through all the comments so I can get some housework done!

This July we will be staying at the CR (Garden Wing, Garden View) for the first time, actually it is our very first deluxe resort ever! This will be our first trip with DD and she will be 2 at our time of travel. Prior to having DD we always stayed in value or moderate resorts, but I know that we will be spending so much time in the room for naps/rest time. We will also be spending lots of time at MK as it is the best park for the toddler set, so the CR was very appealing! I have always dreamed of staying at one of the monorail resorts and I still can't hardly believe I get to do this!!! It is a dream come true for me! I will never forget my very first trip to WDW when I was 7 we rode the monorail all the way around (we stayed off site) and I was so impressed when we went through the middle of the CR, I remember thinking to myself "all the people who get to stay here are so lucky!"
Anyway I just wanted to stop in say "hi", and share my excitement for this very new experience with you all! I am finding this thread very informative and I will be following it closely as our trip gets closer. Thanks for all the info!
Old 03-13-2013, 06:12 AM   #539
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiemarie21
Hi I just subbed this thread! It is very addicting, I really need to get through all the comments so I can get some housework done!

This July we will be staying at the CR (Garden Wing, Garden View) for the first time, actually it is our very first deluxe resort ever! This will be our first trip with DD and she will be 2 at our time of travel. Prior to having DD we always stayed in value or moderate resorts, but I know that we will be spending so much time in the room for naps/rest time. We will also be spending lots of time at MK as it is the best park for the toddler set, so the CR was very appealing! I have always dreamed of staying at one of the monorail resorts and I still can't hardly believe I get to do this!!! It is a dream come true for me! I will never forget my very first trip to WDW when I was 7 we rode the monorail all the way around (we stayed off site) and I was so impressed when we went through the middle of the CR, I remember thinking to myself "all the people who get to stay here are so lucky!"
Anyway I just wanted to stop in say "hi", and share my excitement for this very new experience with you all! I am finding this thread very informative and I will be following it closely as our trip gets closer. Thanks for all the info!
I'm sure you will love it! I remember my dad taking us to wdw soon after it first opened back in the 70s. We stayed 2 nights in a gw I was around 8yo. We thought it was amazing! Now I take my granddaughters to wdw as often as I can. This coming trip will be my first time back to CR tho. So excited!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #540
gwynne
DIS Veteran

I just subscribed to this thread. We are booked for the end of Sept, our very first stay at the Contemporary CL. It's our first time at a monorail, too. We are very excited!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: