Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 10:25 PM   #2851
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
We just booked our first stay at BWV for August of this year. We'll be staying in a 2 bedroom villa (standard view). There will be 7 of us (my family of 5 plus my step-dad and our nanny) so I'm sure it'll be a bit cozy! We're super excited to try BW as we have enjoyed staying at BC, YC, and the Swan in the past. Love the whole Boardwalk/Epcot area!
It sounds like there's not much point in making a room request, is that a correct interpretation?

Thanks!
Amanda
Are you staying on points or cash through Disney Reservation Center? Makes a difference between standard views.

And all two bedroom villas at BWV are lockoffs -meaning a combination of a studio and a one bedroom. Plus no sleeper chair in the living room. You'll have one king bed, one queen sleeper sofa, one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa. And two bathrooms.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #2852
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

If we park our car and then check in, if our room is ready we can go back to the car and carry our own luggage to our room, right? If our room isn't ready, can we carry our bags to bell services or do we need to drive up to front? If our room isn't ready we can have the luggage delivered to our room once we are in it or can we pick up our luggage at bell services and take it the room ourselves? I know I will have to tip bell services if they deliver the luggage to our room, but what if they just hold it for us? What is a normal tip for them? Sorry for so many questions, but I've always just taken care of my own stuff and not sure how it works using bell services. Thanks for all the advice.[/QUOTE]

I'm one who usually takes care of my own bags, but BWI/BWV is one location where I let Bell Services deal with it. Of course, it depends on how many bags you have, but for a ten night stay, I've usually got four big bags, a flat of bottled water, and a 12pk of soda - enough stuff that it would take at least two trips to the room. Walking from the self parking to the front entrance is an uphill walk. And those bags get heavier the farther up the hill you go, believe me! Once you are inside, some of the halls can be pretty long too - so it's just easier.

I usually park, go and check in, go to the room to check it over for any problems (including my bedbug check) then I go get the car, drive up, and have everything unloaded. Once I get back in the lobby, I stop by the stand and they bring the luggage. It's pretty simple.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #2853
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Are you staying on points or cash through Disney Reservation Center? Makes a difference between standard views.

And all two bedroom villas at BWV are lockoffs -meaning a combination of a studio and a one bedroom. Plus no sleeper chair in the living room. You'll have one king bed, one queen sleeper sofa, one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa. And two bathrooms.
It's a cash reservation (military discount) and we have 3 small kids so the sofa beds are not a problem.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 03-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #2854
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
It's a cash reservation (military discount) and we have 3 small kids so the sofa beds are not a problem.

Amanda
So you will have a pool/garden view (that's standard for cash reservations through DRC). You could request Luna Park view (which would be the themed pool) or, a bit quieter, the leisure pool area.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #2855
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
So you will have a pool/garden view (that's standard for cash reservations through DRC). You could request Luna Park view (which would be the themed pool) or, a bit quieter, the leisure pool area.
That's helpful. Thank you!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 03-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #2856
mastermind307
Mouseketeer

I'm one who usually takes care of my own bags, but BWI/BWV is one location where I let Bell Services deal with it. Of course, it depends on how many bags you have, but for a ten night stay, I've usually got four big bags, a flat of bottled water, and a 12pk of soda - enough stuff that it would take at least two trips to the room. Walking from the self parking to the front entrance is an uphill walk. And those bags get heavier the farther up the hill you go, believe me! Once you are inside, some of the halls can be pretty long too - so it's just easier.

I usually park, go and check in, go to the room to check it over for any problems (including my bedbug check) then I go get the car, drive up, and have everything unloaded. Once I get back in the lobby, I stop by the stand and they bring the luggage. It's pretty simple.[/QUOTE]

Do you take your own luggage to your room or do they just follow you and bring it for you?
Old 03-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #2857
annej

Mouseketeer

We just returned from a 6 night stay at the BWI and we fell in love!! We have always loved the Poly and that area but we have been converted. We loved the decor, the atmosphere, the location, simply everything. I can not think of one thing that we did not like. Walking to EPCOT was so nice and the wide range of food options was wonderful. We liked it so much we actually took advantage of the bounceback offer and rebooked a trip for October. It is a girl's only trip for me, my mom, my DD and her best friend who lives with us. We splurged and booked Deluxe CL. So excited!
1972 - Day trip with mom and dad! 1983 - EPCOT was new! 1988 - 2 day trip 1989 - Day trip on Honeymoon! October 2000 - Off Site January 2003 - WL Nov/Dec 2005 - POR/Poly January 2007 - POLY March 2008 - CR Tower - MK View! September 2008 - offsite/GF!! Feb 2009 - WL !April 2009 - GF - MK View! Nov 2009 - Adult only trip - Poly MK View Jan 2010 - Poly CL - MK View: March 2011 - CR TPV! Jan 2012 - Poly CL! Nov 2012 - POR/BLT Lakeview March 2013 - BWI with DH! October 2013 - BWI with DD and DMom! January 2014 - WL with the Hubby! October 2014 - CR Tower TPV!
Me DH DD22 DS18DSinLaw:29

Last edited by annej; 03-11-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #2858
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by annej View Post
We just returned from a 6 night stay at the BWI and we fell in love!! We have always loved the Poly and that area but we have been converted. We loved the decor, the atmosphere, the location, simply everything. I can not think of one thing that we did not like. Walking to EPCOT was so nice and the wide range of food options was wonderful. We liked it so much we actually took advantage of the bounceback offer and rebooked a trip for October. It is a girl's only trip for me, my mom, my DD and her best friend who lives with us. We splurged and booked Deluxe CL. So excited!
What a great report! How exciting that you'll be returning in October for F&W and staying in a Deluxe room - happy planning
Old 03-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #2859
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
How nice. I'm sure you'll love the Deluxe CL.

We returned late Friday after a 5 night stay at BWI. I enjoyed it so much that I, too, booked a BB offer for August with DD18. DH and I were on the 5th floor with a balcony overlooking a garden and a wonderful view of Illuminations. We walked over to Epcot nearly every evening and also walked to DHS a few times. Bus service to MK was fine; we took the monorail from MK to Epcot on the return. Bus service to and from AK was pretty good, too. We got off at the Swan and walked over to BWI on the return from AK to BWI (I still don't understand why they have 5 resorts for one stop at AK).

Our special dining evenings were at Flying Fish, Le Cellier, and Cape May. It was terrific to be within walking distance of all.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #2860
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We splurged and booked Deluxe CL. So excited!
You are going to LOVE it!! We stayed Deluxe CL in 2009 and it was wonderful! Let me know if you have any questions or need to see any pictures. Back when we went there weren't that many pictures floating around of the deluxe rooms so I made sure to take some while we were there
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 03-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #2861
Brier Rose
The Tag Fairy prefers to remain an enigma

Hey Y'all!

Maybe you remember me from a few pages back when I posted about help with my brother's engagement? Well sooo much has happened since then, and we are well on our way with all the plans. I can't wait to see all of this come together!

My question is this..We have worked with Disney Events and Conventions to arrange everything for the secret surprise dinner in the Garden Suite. Now we just have to figure out how to get his gf there!

She thinks they are staying at WL, and they are, the first night. As far as she knows they are going over to BW for a dinner reservation at Flying Fish.

I will be checking into their room earlier in the day (ressie is in my and bro's names) so that I can meet with all the people involved in this..floral, photographer, etc..so there won't really be a need for them to check in at all, BUT, while I was thinking about the check-in process, it got me wondering if concierge might be willing to help us out with "a plan".

You know how they meet you out front for check-in right?? Sooo...I was wondering..what if we could get them to wait out front for my bro and gf to arrive..I can let them know EXACTLY what time they will be there, show them a pic, etc..and then have them, idk..ask if they would mind answering a few questions for a survey or something?? Then maybe act like they will need to go to "the location" to participate, and lead them to the cottage?

Crazy I know, but it's all I've got right now! IF they'd even be willing to help out!

Anybody else got any ideas??
Old 03-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #2862
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brier Rose View Post
Hey Y'all!

Maybe you remember me from a few pages back when I posted about help with my brother's engagement? Well sooo much has happened since then, and we are well on our way with all the plans. I can't wait to see all of this come together!

My question is this..We have worked with Disney Events and Conventions to arrange everything for the secret surprise dinner in the Garden Suite. Now we just have to figure out how to get his gf there!

She thinks they are staying at WL, and they are, the first night. As far as she knows they are going over to BW for a dinner reservation at Flying Fish.

I will be checking into their room earlier in the day (ressie is in my and bro's names) so that I can meet with all the people involved in this..floral, photographer, etc..so there won't really be a need for them to check in at all, BUT, while I was thinking about the check-in process, it got me wondering if concierge might be willing to help us out with "a plan".

You know how they meet you out front for check-in right?? Sooo...I was wondering..what if we could get them to wait out front for my bro and gf to arrive..I can let them know EXACTLY what time they will be there, show them a pic, etc..and then have them, idk..ask if they would mind answering a few questions for a survey or something?? Then maybe act like they will need to go to "the location" to participate, and lead them to the cottage?

Crazy I know, but it's all I've got right now! IF they'd even be willing to help out!

I know when we stayed there they randomly asked us if we wanted to take a tour of the Steeplechase Suite (Um...YES!!) so maybe they could ask them if they wanted to tour a garden suite? The whole 'follow me to this random room to take a survey' thing would creep me out, but I guess if your brother knew about it and was in on it maybe it wouldn't
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 03-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #2863
Brier Rose
The Tag Fairy prefers to remain an enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
I know when we stayed there they randomly asked us if we wanted to take a tour of the Steeplechase Suite (Um...YES!!) so maybe they could ask them if they wanted to tour a garden suite? The whole 'follow me to this random room to take a survey' thing would creep me out, but I guess if your brother knew about it and was in on it maybe it wouldn't
I didn't think about it being creepy, but I see your point!

I guess I was just thinking since we are all frequent Disney travelers and have been stopped many times for surveys that she wouldn't really think much about it. At best I thought she might start to get suspicious, but figured it didn't really matter at that point.

Ooh ooh..what if we could have the concierge ask if they happen to be headed down to the Boardwalk area? Of course bro and gf would say yes, and then maybe they could say something like.."well do you mind if I walk with you and ask you a few questions about your experience so far", etc...then they could just be led in that direction?

See part of the problem is NONE of us know exactly where the Garden Suites are located!

I've just read they are kind of out of the way, so I thought if I could get someone to lead them there it would be perfect! Plus if that is NOT actually on the way down to the Boardwalk, gf wouldn't know the difference anyway!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #2864
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Just sent you a pm
Old 03-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #2865
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brier Rose View Post
Hey Y'all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
Just sent you a pm
I have a feeling this PM may be your answer, Brier Rose. Keep us posted on your sneaky plans.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: