Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #16
wdwmom3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismyusername
Just as an FYI, there are some hand sanitizers that do kill norovirus. Clorox makes one, as does a harder-to-find one made by Germstar.

You also have to be careful that the spray/wipe products you're using in your room kill noro. Many don't.

It should also be pointed out that not all stomach viruses are norovirus.
Yes you are right it's not always noro but this time of year it is the most likely culprit. I was just pointing out that the best defense is the old standby of hand washing.
wdwmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #17
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

I never 'sanitize' anything. I wash my hands with soap and water when needed.....been to Disney loads (including a 9.5 hr plane ride each way) and never caught anything. Maybe I have better immunity that those of you who Clorox eveything to death....just saying!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #18
Carriemel
Emma Clare's Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Absolutely! It's really no different than hair spray. As far as it's in an aerosol can. There's really not much that you can't put in a checked bag.
NO! It is NOT the same as hair spray.

Only things in aerosol cans that are allowed in checked baggage are things you can spray on YOUR OWN BODY. Toiletries are defined that way.

A can of lysol is not allowed. A can of lysol will be removed from your checked baggage. This is not only per TSA regulations, but also per the FAA hazardous materials list

I work for TSA.

Hakuna Matata!
Carriemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #19
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriemel

Only things in aerosol cans that are allowed in checked baggage are things you can spray on YOUR OWN BODY. Toiletries are defined that way.

A can of lysol is not allowed. A can of lysol will be removed from your checked baggage. This is not only per TSA regulations, but also per the FAA hazardous materials list

I work for TSA.
Well they have NEVER ever taken it out of my checked baggage and I have taken it a dozen times!!! So somebody isn't doing their job.....

Last edited by stitchlovestink; 03-12-2013 at 06:37 PM.
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #20
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
I never 'sanitize' anything. I wash my hands with soap and water when needed.....been to Disney loads (including a 9.5 hr plane ride each way) and never caught anything. Maybe I have better immunity that those of you who Clorox eveything to death....just saying!
Guess you've just been lucky. I rarely get sick but last trip to WDW I ended up with pneumonia. I don't normally disinfect either but I did have wipes on me just in case of a mess. When I entered the room and saw someone else's finger prints on the mirror, crumbs around the table, and glass rings from someone else's drink on the dresser, I knew the room hadn't been properly cleaned or sanitized. Never know when you'll run into lazy mousekeeping
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #21
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I work for TSA.
I've even had the personal sized lysols in my purse and they didn't take them either!!!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #22
Carriemel
Emma Clare's Mommy

If it goes thru the X-ray machine, and the machine does not flag it for search, the bag will not be checked. You have gotten lucky. That's all I can say on it.

Hakuna Matata!
Carriemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #23
fitgirl36
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've even had the personal sized lysols in my purse and they didn't take them either!!!
Me too, but I put the personal size Lysol in my quart bag. It's never been taken. Hmmmm.
fitgirl36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #24
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If it goes thru the X-ray machine, and the machine does not flag it for search, the bag will not be checked. You have gotten lucky. That's all I can say on it.
I must have a horse shoe then! Lucky over a dozen times with checked baggage and never removed from my purse in carry on 4 or 5 times either...that's beyond lucky in my book...lol
Old 03-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #25
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriemel View Post
We've taken small cans of it in our carryon bags, kept them in the clear ziplocs with our other liquids, and put them in the tubs for inspection. Never had a problem in over 20 flights in the last 2 years -- both domestic and international.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *

Last edited by mmmears; 03-12-2013 at 08:26 PM.
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:59 PM   #26
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriemel View Post

I work for TSA.
I'd like to know how an Xray can distinguish between a can of hairspray and a can of Lysol. If memory serves, Xrays don't show labels. Surely not every bag that has an aerosol can is flagged for further inspection??
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #27
Jestocost
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Absolutely! It's really no different than hair spray. As far as it's in an aerosol can. There's really not much that you can't put in a checked bag.
Actually, it is and unlike hairspray Lysol technically is not allowed in checked baggage. Airline rules allow you to take personal care products--such as hairspray and deodorant--in your checked bags but do not allow aerosol household products--such as Lysol or cleaning sprays--in checked luggage. You may get away with it, but be prepared to have it removed from your bags if they are checked behind the scenes at the airport.
Spring 1976, WDW/Golf Resort; Spring 2000, WDW/CBR; Summer 2002, WDW/CBR; Thanksgiving 2003, Disney Wonder & WDW/CBR; Fall 2004, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2005, Disney Magic W. Caribbean; Fall 2005, WDW/BC; Summer 2006, Disney Magic E. Caribbean & WDW/POFQ; Christmas 2006, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2007, DLR/Disneyland Hotel; Fall 2007, WDW/Poly; Summer 2008, WDW/POFQ & Disney Wonder B2B; Thanksgiving 2008, WDW/Poly; Summer 2009, WDW/AKL; Christmas/New Year 2009-2010, WDW/Poly and Disney Magic W. Caribbean; Spring Break 2010, WDW/BC; Summer 2010, WDW/GF; Thanksgiving 2010, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2011, WDW/BC; Summer 2011, WDW/BWI; Thanksgiving 2011, Disney Dream; Summer 2012, WDW/AKL;F&WF 2012, WDW/BWI; Spring Break 2013, WDW/BC; Summer 2013, Disney Wonder Alaska; F&WF 2013, WDW/YC; Spring Break 2014, WDW/AKL and Disney Fantasy W. Caribbean; Summer 2014, WDW/WL; October 2014, Disney Magic S. Caribbean and Repo B2B

Jestocost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #28
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum

I'd like to know how an Xray can distinguish between a can of hairspray and a can of Lysol. If memory serves, Xrays don't show labels. Surely not every bag that has an aerosol can is flagged for further inspection??
Thumbs ups!!! LOL!! Excellent point!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #29
JaimeA
Mouseketeer

I bring a small bottle of Lysol in my Baggie in my carry on bag and no one ever said I couldn't bring it. I carry a bottle in my checked luggage and it has been searched (I had that letter in my luggage). They didn't remove the Lysol either. Is this a new rule? I also carry spray glass cleaner for my sons glasses and they didn't take that out?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

JaimeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #30
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Thumbs ups!!! LOL!! Excellent point!
I wasn't trying to be a smarta$$, but just trying to visualize the practicality. Think of the number of aerosol products you might put in a suitcase: hairspray, sunscreen, deodorant, etc. I'd lay odds that almost every suitcase that is scanned has at least a couple. But what do I know- I'm just a traveller, not a TSA agent. Actually, just for ease of use, I take the wipes- then I'm not looking around for something to wipe the spray with
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: