Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #691
1coolnini
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
According to my notes, all of the BC GV CL rooms do have full balconies. I believe all of them have 2 Queen beds (no Kings at in this booking category). There are some, but not many, king bed rooms throughout the BC
and YC both in standard rooms and club level rooms.

You could ask for close to transportation (which will be close to the lounge and the elevators)

At this time I am neither encouraging or discouraging the use of advanced booking- not offering an opinion because I don't feel I truly understand the whole 60 day in advance process.
Thank you.

We have purchased park hoppers because we will probably head to Epcot at some time on most days. Would there be a request we could add that would put us closer to Epcot? Maybe "close to transportation" would work for that?

Jan

10 day stay May 2013 (BC)
Old 03-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #692
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolnini View Post
Thank you.

We have purchased park hoppers because we will probably head to Epcot at some time on most days. Would there be a request we could add that would put us closer to Epcot? Maybe "close to transportation" would work for that?

Jan
Yes, for club level rooms, a request of close to transportation would be closest to EPCOT, because you would be closest to the elevators that would take you to the lobby.

For standard rooms at the resort, close to transportation and close to EPCOT would be different requests.

If you want the quickest way to EP, check out the info on the secret entrance/exit on Page 1 (Beach Club room post). Or just find room 1501 by following the signs from the lobby. You can get right off the elevator and go through the hallways inside to a door that brings you very close to the International Gateway.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #693
saquin
Mouseketeer

Question about paying for room-only reservation...

I've searched and can't find the answer so I thought I'd ask here...

I'm the lead name on the reservation and I paid the one night deposit with my credit card. My mom, who is on the ressie but not the lead, would like to pay the balance on her credit card before we go. Is that OK, to use two different cards under two different names to pay for the room? And can I call it in for her? (Would I have to say I'm her or is it OK to just use her card?)

Sorry if these seem like stupid questions.

March 1978 - Contemporary ... April 1981 - HiQ on I-Drive... April 1985 - Polynesian... November 2007 - Yacht Club... November 2008 - Yacht Club... November 2011 - Beach Club... April 2012 - Beach Club... November 2012 - Beach Club... May 2013 - Beach Club... November 2013 - Beach Club... May 2014 - Beach Club
Old 03-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #694
ella6599
Mouseketeer

Ugh...just found out that school registration is smack in the middle of our vacation. It's a small school, and this will be our 7th year there...so I'm hoping they'll cut us some slack! I really don't want to have to move our dates!
Old 03-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #695
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saquin View Post

I'm the lead name on the reservation and I paid the one night deposit with my credit card. My mom, who is on the ressie but not the lead, would like to pay the balance on her credit card before we go. Is that OK, to use two different cards under two different names to pay for the room? And can I call it in for her? (Would I have to say I'm her or is it OK to just use her card?)

I don't know for sure but I can't see why you couldn't do it. I've given my credit card to my married daughters, who now have a different last name, to use when changing things. I haven't tried it for Disney, but I'm sure it would work.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 03-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #696
sab53085
Mouseketeer

We are staying at the YC Garden View this May. Does anyone recommend any room requests for us? I'd like a full balcony but I heard most all rooms already have full balconies. Is there a chance I could get a view of the Boardwalk or maybe Epcot? I haven't put in any requests yet but would like a nice view!

On another note - does anyone else have issues with the DISboards iPad app? When I try to reply, the "Send" button is greyed out...been like this for a few weeks. Thanks all!

1992 - Offsite ~ 1997 - Travelodge DTD ~ 1998 - Travelodge DTD ~ 2000 - Marriott Orlando World Center ~ 2001 - Marriott Orlando World Center ~ 2002 - Hilton DTD ~ 2009 - Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa ~ 2012 - POR Royal Room & WDW Dolphin ~ May 2013: POR Royal Room & Yacht Club ~ October 2013: Kidani Village & Coronado Springs ~ May 2014: Jambo House & Yacht Club
Old 03-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #697
DancinDaisyDuck
Nothing left for me to do but dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by saquin View Post

Hi! #1, it's not a silly question! #2, Yes you can do this because #3, Disney will gladly take money in any form whether you're the lead on the ressie or not! I've had no problem splitting payments over different cards. Just give CRO a call when you want to pay it off and provide the CM with the card information. I've also split the bill at checkout before when I've shared my room and it's no problem there either.

Hope you have a great time and let us know how your stay went!

Old 03-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #698
saquin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinDaisyDuck View Post
Hi! #1, it's not a silly question! #2, Yes you can do this because #3, Disney will gladly take money in any form whether you're the lead on the ressie or not! I've had no problem splitting payments over different cards. Just give CRO a call when you want to pay it off and provide the CM with the card information. I've also split the bill at checkout before when I've shared my room and it's no problem there either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I don't know for sure but I can't see why you couldn't do it. I've given my credit card to my married daughters, who now have a different last name, to use when changing things. I haven't tried it for Disney, but I'm sure it would work.
Thank you both! I will go ahead and give it a try.

March 1978 - Contemporary ... April 1981 - HiQ on I-Drive... April 1985 - Polynesian... November 2007 - Yacht Club... November 2008 - Yacht Club... November 2011 - Beach Club... April 2012 - Beach Club... November 2012 - Beach Club... May 2013 - Beach Club... November 2013 - Beach Club... May 2014 - Beach Club
Old 03-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #699
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph

I use different names, I have my married name/card (lead reservation), my maiden name/card and then DH name/card. No one says anything. I have also paid online through My Disney Experience which was NOT painful, although I was nervous the first time I tried it, it worked just fine.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #700
Claire Bear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sab53085
We are staying at the YC Garden View this May. Does anyone recommend any room requests for us? I'd like a full balcony but I heard most all rooms already have full balconies. Is there a chance I could get a view of the Boardwalk or maybe Epcot? I haven't put in any requests yet but would like a nice view!

On another note - does anyone else have issues with the DISboards iPad app? When I try to reply, the "Send" button is greyed out...been like this for a few weeks. Thanks all!
I am staying YC GV in August, we have requesting wedding gazebo view, I've seen photos on here and it looks like an awesome view to me
In regards to the send button being grey, I was having this problem but I've found if I press return it goes blue and allows me to send my reply, it might be worth a try, hope it works!
Old 03-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #701
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieT3 View Post
It was really fabulous! The 2 resorts are so different, but equally wonderful. I don't think you can beat the lobby at WL, but I prefer the rooms at BC. Having the suite was nice, but we really don't spend a lot of time in the room. It was nice to have the separate room when the kids were napping, though. Normally, we just go sit on the balcony while they sleep, but it was so darn cold, so we appreciated the separate room to hang out in. The one downside of the suite was that it was ALL the way at the end of the hall on the 4th floor, and the lounge is up on the 7th floor overlooking the lobby, so it was kind of a hike to go back and forth.
We ate all of our breakfasts and most of our dinners in up in the CL lounge, and I would say that saved us several hundred dollars. To be honest, I didn't really believe NInja Mom (so sorry, NM!) when she said that you could possibly break even by paying for club level vs. staying in a regular room and eating out for every meal, but I can see how a family with older kids might break even.
It sounds like you had an awesome time! Thanks for sharing! I've always wondered about WL! How was pool? Boat to MK?
Old 03-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #702
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire Bear

In regards to the send button being grey, I was having this problem but I've found if I press return it goes blue and allows me to send my reply, it might be worth a try, hope it works!
Yep, that's what I have to do!! It confused me at first, but upon hitting return, the button goes blue

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
Old 03-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #703
Mewissy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sab53085

Just hit "return" first. Then the button works.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #704
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Right now, I think the big advantage for the advanced checkin is to speed up checkin, but since you are staying club level, you will have individual check in anyway.

I'm not sure that there are other advantages at this time- there may be some coming soon, like access to fast pass plus, but I don't think there is an announced timeline for that yet.

Anyone else think of other advantages or reasons to do the 60 day advanced checkin (particularly for a club level stay)?
In our experience, the new online check-in with CL did not speed the check-in process. I think it did speed the process with non-CL.

I think the most significant advantage of the new online check-in with CL is the ability to reiterate our room request. As I mentioned in my earlier post, that new feature alone changed my view of online check-in. Even though I call CRO and e-mail IPO, I like the ability to record our actual arrival time and reiterate our room request. Would we have been assigned to Samoa/balcony at Poly and Boardwalk view at BWI without online check-in? Maybe, but if you can wave a little request flag in another spot, why not? But then again, our last trip was so wonderful, that I'd pretty much recommend anything we did! Now I'm going to start talking about sea racers again . . .
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #705
Mewissy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewissy

Just hit "return" first. Then the button works.
Oops! I see others already answered the app question.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: