Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
Bob Roberts
Mouseketeer

Rides or Resorts that need 2 be pitched or updated.

I will shoot first.

Parks

Muppet Vision 3D, The Great Movie Ride, and Indiana Jones Stunt Show all at DHS. They need to go or get updated.

Dinoland USA should get a complete overhaul and ret heme.

Tomorrowland and Future World at Epcot need 2 be updated.

Resorts

The Contemporary Resort: Same thing as TL and FW, NEED TO BE UPDATED.

That is all.

Bobby
Bob Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
jlas00
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Roberts View Post
I will shoot first.

Parks

Muppet Vision 3D, The Great Movie Ride, and Indiana Jones Stunt Show all at DHS. They need to go or get updated.

Resorts

That is all.

Bobby

I do not want any of the HS rides you mentioned updated, I really like them just the way they are. I also like Dinoland how it is, but coudl do without the stupid carinival games. Only rides I'd really like them to do away with are Stich, Tomorrowland Speedway, and Avatar land (if it happens).
jlas00 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
Bob Roberts
Mouseketeer

Muppet Vision 3d = 1 worst ride @ WDW

Stich = 2nd worst ride @ WDW

TOT = 151st worst ride @ WDW
Old 03-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
adisneytattoo91
Practically Perfect in Every Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Roberts

TOT = 151st worst ride @ WDW

Couldn't agree more.

WDW 2007 BoardWalk
WDW 2011 Beach Club Villas
WDW 2012 All Star Music
DCL 2012 Disney Dream - Bahamas
Disney Fairytale Wedding 2012
WDW 2012 Coronado Springs
WDW 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
DCL 2013 Disney Dream
WDW 2013 Caribbean Beach
adisneytattoo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #5
Hoodie
Going to BC and GF with one week's planning
The snappers go for you and the painteds pee on you. Either way, they never seemed very grateful!

Muppet Vision does need to be updated. The technology has come so far since it was introduced that it looks silly. Still probably my favorite part of DHS though. I love sitting in the Muppet Theater.

I am probably committing Disney heresey, but the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse was boring 30 years ago and hasn't gotten any better. Has the movie even been on TV in the past 25 years?
Hoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #6
jesscahens
Hospitality worker

I agree about stitch.
I would also probably do something with the stunt show. and update peter pan. if muppets needs to be updated like some are saying then so does philharmagic...
Old 03-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #7
rteetz
DIS Veteran

I believe stitch really does need to go that wasn't great at all last time I went on it. Tomorrowland speedway should never go its one of those great fun classics but could do an update. Muppet vision shouldn't go but does need an update. But really anything in Hollywood studios is up in the air if some expansion project is actually brought on. AK could use some updating on the rides throughout the park I haven't seen much change in rides for about 5 years.
rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #8
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

~LOL. This question is too difficult to answer, it's much easier to ask what doesn't need updating at WDW. But, I agree with most of the comments and I'll throw in the Poly for good measure.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #9
Tomader
DIS Veteran

I would say Imagination,Muppets for sure. Hollywood studios needs to be redone. More Rides! Epcot also needs updating and more rides,and so does Animal Kingdom. More Rides. I love Disney but they have to get more creative and design good rides. They ruined Test Track. Black boards with green lights flashing through it?
Old 03-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #10
derricksonb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Roberts View Post
I will shoot first.

Parks

Resorts

That is all.

Bobby
Completely agree that Muppets 3D needs updated as does the Indiana Jones Spectacular and the Great Movie Ride, which is exactly as I remember it from my first visit to DHS in 1991.

Any park areas named "Tomorrowland" or "Future World" should be just that and able to be changed or updated to more accurately reflect what life may be like 20-30 years from now as opposed to 20-30 years from when MK opened. Same thing with the Contemporary Resort which is anything but contemporary. At least they could update the carpet....

Personally I wouldn't update Dinoland as it's one of my children's favorite places in AK and home to one of my favorite roller coasters.

Someone else mentioned updating the Poly, but I think by initial concept and design it is one of the only resorts that should never have to be updated or remodeled to keep up with current trends. However, along the same lines Swiss Family Tree House could use some updating or be taken out completely.

I believe that the World Showcase could use some major overhaul and massive expansion of better rides/attractions in every country.
derricksonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #11
Tramp68
DIS Veteran

I haven't tried going in a few years now , but last I knew Country Bears was half broken and was in bad need of an audio overhaul.
OKW Nov 2002
OKW Feb 2005
OKW July 2007 (3 weeks)
AKV April 2008
FWC Aug 2010 (1 month)
AKV July 2011 (1 month)
OKW Dec 2013

Member OKW 1998 (55pts woo-hoo)
Member SSR 2005
Add-on SSR 2007
Add-on SSR 2010
Add-on BWV 2013
Tramp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #12
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

I would like to see Journey Into Imagination retroed back to where it was in 1991.
Spacedog1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #13
dbennett3899
Mouseketeer

Get rid of Tomorrowland Speedway! Waste of a lot of space. How fun could it possibly be to drive in a car that sits on a guided track that you have no control over? Im always amazed that the line is as long as it is. This has 1992 written all over it!
dbennett3899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #14
Bob Roberts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by derricksonb View Post
Completely agree that Muppets 3D needs updated as does the Indiana Jones Spectacular and the Great Movie Ride, which is exactly as I remember it from my first visit to DHS in 1991.

Any park areas named "Tomorrowland" or "Future World" should be just that and able to be changed or updated to more accurately reflect what life may be like 20-30 years from now as opposed to 20-30 years from when MK opened. Same thing with the Contemporary Resort which is anything but contemporary. At least they could update the carpet....

Personally I wouldn't update Dinoland as it's one of my children's favorite places in AK and home to one of my favorite roller coasters.

Someone else mentioned updating the Poly, but I think by initial concept and design it is one of the only resorts that should never have to be updated or remodeled to keep up with current trends. However, along the same lines Swiss Family Tree House could use some updating or be taken out completely.

I believe that the World Showcase could use some major overhaul and massive expansion of better rides/attractions in every country.
I agree with everything you said.

Every time I take newbies to WDW they always comment about how the Contemporary resort seems so old and run down compared to the other resorts. I know its not rundown by any means but the theming is horrible. If it was 1976 I am sure I would think its the bomb but its not, its 2013 baby.

Splash Mountain = 158th worst ride on property.

Bobby Boy
Old 03-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #15
Faldred
DIS Veteran

DHS:

Muppet Vision - needs to be updated, not removed/replaced. Especially with Disney really looking to revive the franchise.

Great Movie Ride - update required, see long-running thread on this forum

LMA/Backlot Tour - replace with a real "Pixar Place"

Sounds Dangerous - replace with Star Wars Jedi Training (led by Yoda using "Turtle Talk" technology)

MK:

Stitch - remove! Either restore Alien Encounter or put something new in the space.

Speedway - replace, I think, with more of a simulator racing ride that has a higher ridership capacity.

Pooh/Peter Pan - refurb if possible to have multiple sets of identical (or even different) on different levels tracks to increase capacity

DAK:

I must be one of the few who like the park as-is; routine maintenance plus announced expansions should be sufficient for now.

Epcot:

Nothing that hasn't already been said except the usual call for more WS countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derricksonb View Post
Any park areas named "Tomorrowland" or "Future World" should be just that and able to be changed or updated to more accurately reflect what life may be like 20-30 years from now as opposed to 20-30 years from when MK opened.
My only disagreement there is that "Tomorrowland" could work quite well as a nostalgic look at what the future was "supposed" to be like, from the perspective of the 50's-70's. But there needs to be a decision made at a high level -- is it a look at the tomorrow that is to come, or a look at the "tomorrow" of the past? Pick one and stick with it, but don't mix and match.

March 2009: Port Orleans Riverside ( Trip Report -- Dining Report ) -- May 2006: Vacation Village timeshare -- May 2002: Orange Lake timeshare
Faldred is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: