Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
cottontail
DIS Veteran

Landscapes of Flavor Art of Animation Resort

Hello:
We usually stay at Port Orleans Riverside and love the food court there but we are considering trying the art of animation suites. Can anyone who has stayed at both resorts tell me if the food court is as good at art of animation. Also we enjoy the turkey and roast beef dinner at the port orleans food court, is that at the art of animation?

Deb.
cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #2
jenrose66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontail View Post
Hello:
We usually stay at Port Orleans Riverside and love the food court there but we are considering trying the art of animation suites. Can anyone who has stayed at both resorts tell me if the food court is as good at art of animation. Also we enjoy the turkey and roast beef dinner at the port orleans food court, is that at the art of animation?

Deb.
I didn't care for the AoA food court. I didn't like the real plates and silverware and then having to bus my own dishes.

I also didn't care much for the food choices. I mean they had make your own pasta which was ok, but a long line. It's nice that there is variety, and the desserts are good, but along with the variety, sometimes you just want junk food and I found the selection of that to be lacking.

They did not have turkey or roast beef when I was there, but they do have those types of food across the bridge at POP.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
Ali
DIS Veteran

Landscape of flavors is exactly what is says - different flavors and foods not familiar to me, a typical middle class American junk food serving mom. Even the fries were rejected by my son and his friends.

Everything is healthy there though, in some way. Turkey bacon in the morning, lots of salads.

POR has comfort foods everyone knows.

I suggest you read the menus and see if you would like the offerings.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #4
figmentfrenzymommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenrose66

I didn't care for the AoA food court. I didn't like the real plates and silverware and then having to bus my own dishes.

I also didn't care much for the food choices. I mean they had make your own pasta which was ok, but a long line. It's nice that there is variety, and the desserts are good, but along with the variety, sometimes you just want junk food and I found the selection of that to be lacking.

They did not have turkey or roast beef when I was there, but they do have those types of food across the bridge at POP.
Totally agree,the food court was AoA only real letdown.
figmentfrenzymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #5
JessiMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontail View Post
Hello:

Deb.
We also love the food court at POR. We stayed at AoA in January and the food court is the only thing we didn't care for at the resort. It's OK, you will find something to eat but I wouldn't want to eat there everyday. I would still stay at AoA again, we loved the resort but I'd eat most meals elsewhere.

Just back from a fabulous 8 days!
AKL ~ September 14-21, 2013
JessiMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:07 AM   #6
Rychelle924
DIS Veteran

I've heard great things about the food there. Everyone I know who's been there loved it. We are staying there in Dec and I'm excited to try it. We never eat at the food courts in the resorts but I will try this one BECAUSE its supposed to be healthier options. I can see for some not having junk food is a turn off but for us that's what's drawing us to eat there. So I guess it depends on how you normally like to eat. Go by taste reviews if you are ok with healthier options and not typical chicken nuggets meals. And I've heard nothing but great things about the food quality
Rychelle924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #7
amomma23
DIS Veteran

We really liked the food at AoA. We're staying at POR in August, and my husband requested we go back to AoA for lunch one day.

amomma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #8
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

We stopped in there for lunch in Sept, and it is pretty busy. It takes a long time to stand in the different lines to get your food. At least for my family it did, as we all wanted something different. DH went and sat down with the kids while I got the food and he thought I was never coming back!!
Old 03-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #9
kimnvbva
Mouseketeer

Having stayed at both resorts, POR is by far much better! Better food choices, much more organized and you don't feel like a herd of cattle. I wasn't impressed with the food at all. The kids didn't even like it. They did have my chobani yogurt which I would eat instead if the icky breakfast they were serving. The lines were so long all the time. POR just seemed more relaxed and more food choices. Loved the salad bar, yummy!

September 2009 Caribbean Beach Resort
December 2010 Wilderness Lodge
August 2011 Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Dream
November 2012 Art of Animation Resort
June 2013 Coronado Springs
kimnvbva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #10
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Oh wow, we LOVED the AOA food court! I had one of the best, hands down, veggie burgers of my life there, and the fries served with it were absolutely delicious.

My son had a caprese sandwich, and apart from taking out the tomatoes (yes so he had a mozzarella and basil sandwich) he ate the WHOLE thing (adult portion, 8 year old child).

They had mini Babycakes cupcakes in the refrigerator, 4 in a pack, so we were able to try them again. (ate them a day and a half after buying them the first time and really disliked them...this way they were a bit fresher and we loved them)

DH and I also split a side dish of some Indian veggie, but didn't like that...but then we had just been served serious Indian food on the Disney cruise (special request and an awesome chef from India made it for us) and all other Indian food pales in comparison now.

We would go there again in a heartbeat. Since we always have a car at WDW, that's easy!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #11
amber.miller
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimnvbva View Post
Having stayed at both resorts, POR is by far much better! Better food choices, much more organized and you don't feel like a herd of cattle. I wasn't impressed with the food at all. The kids didn't even like it. They did have my chobani yogurt which I would eat instead if the icky breakfast they were serving. The lines were so long all the time. POR just seemed more relaxed and more food choices. Loved the salad bar, yummy!
We're with you on this one. I didn't hate AoA, but I didn't love it. I didn't like any of the food (we ate there 4 separate occasions, different items each time) and it was just too loud with too much going on all the time for me.
I will admit that was our first value stay, and we realized its just not for us. We prefer a more laid back resort after the craziness of the parks all day.

May 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside
April 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
August 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
April 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge/Art of Animation
Hoping for Sept 2014 - POR/Poly or CR?!?!?!?

Me DH Liam 6 Lawson 4

amber.miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #12
amber.miller
Earning My Ears

Smile :)

Oh and I thought I should clarify, my family is not a "junk food" family (no offense meant there by the way), so for us it wasn't lack of junk that I didn't care for. And honestly, it had just about as much junk to me as any other resort. I personally did the make your own salad twice, one of the indian style dinners with the naan (which was actually pretty decent), and an egg white omelet. The salads were my favorite, but I remember POR having more mix-in options. My husband didn't care for the one meal he had there, the BBQ Pastrami Burger. My kids never finished their pancakes in the morning the few times I bought them either. But to be fair, I enjoy cooking and do make most all of the same foods at home from scratch so they're a bit spoiled. Basically I just wanted to say that perhaps our lack of interest in the food court is based more on our tastes than the quality of food. Overall it's a great resort, just not for us.

May 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside
April 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
August 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
April 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge/Art of Animation
Hoping for Sept 2014 - POR/Poly or CR?!?!?!?

Me DH Liam 6 Lawson 4

amber.miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #13
Haley
DIS Veteran

Wow we loved the food court at AoA. I like that they have different things there.
Disney Trips: Ft Wilderness '83, Ft. Wilderness '91, ASM July'96, Boardwalk/DCL Magic July '98, CBR/DCL Wonder '00, DCL Magic '03, CBR July '04, CBR May '05, AKL Oct '05, Poly Dec '06, DCL Wonder '06, Beach Club May '07, DCL Wonder '07, Pop/AKL Oct '08 Engaged, Ft. Wild. May 09, Poly Oct 09 Honeymoon!, DCL Magic Nov '09, Pop Oct '10, AoA/BCV Oct '12, Pop Century Dec '13!
Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:13 PM   #14
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

We thought it was ok, not bad at all. I like the real dishes and cutlery. We had the chicken burger and pulled pork sandwich one day. Both yummy. I loved the chicken burger. It had a nice corn and bean salsa and some queso fresco. I also had a make your own salad one night which was just ok. Not great but better than the sad salad selections at pepper market, our home food court lol.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #15
polyfor4
Mouseketeer

I loved landscape of flavors! I've stayed at POR over half a dozen times and while the river mill is cozy I despise the food quality. AoA has great variety. Must tries are the surf and surf burger and the everything brownie. It's definitely a different atmosphere but much better than the other value food courts. My only complaint is that I could not track down Mickey waffles at AoA but there are so many other opportunities to eat those that I didn't mind!

May 2014 BWI/ Poly CL
May 2013 AoA/ Poly CL Nov 2013 Pop
Sept 2012 AoA May 2012 Pop/ Poly Feb 2012 POR
May 2011 Pop/ Poly April 2011 CSR
Dec 2010 POR May 2010 POR
Dec 2009 CBR May 2009 Poly March 2009 POR

polyfor4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: