Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #961
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastgirl View Post
Is breakfast at the Three Broomsticks for everyone now, or still just for special packages? (We won't be at a Universal hotel, we've got two weeks, so we'll be enjoying a villa.)
I believe anyone can have breakfast there but they will only take reservations if you have a package. Otherwise you'll have to wait.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #962
villavic
Earning My Ears

Question

Sorry if this has been already asked, it's hard to look for the answer over 65 pages, with no search engine

I'm not a HP films fan, just saw the first two. But I always like to see new rides with a previous "knowledge of the facts", or knowing better the story, I mean to enjoy a bit more the ride recognizing characters, scenes, etc.

So my questions are: Is it recommendable to see any Harry Potter movie before the ride? And what movies are most related to the ride (and you recommend to watch)? Or it doesn't matter at all?
villavic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #963
hpriamson
Mouseketeer

Watch the movies up to "Goblet of Fire" - the 4th movie. That should get you up to everything you're likely to see in the current WWoHP - dueling dragons, all the stuff in Forbidden Journey, Butterbeer, etc.

It's not THAT big a deal though. There's nothing so esoteric about the Harry Potter universe that you'll be puzzled by it if you weren't previously exposed to it. My wife hadn't read any of the books, and hadn't seen any of the movies since the first one (and that 10 years before we visited), and she still loved it.
hpriamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #964
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by villavic View Post
Sorry if this has been already asked, it's hard to look for the answer over 65 pages, with no search engine

I'm not a HP films fan, just saw the first two. But I always like to see new rides with a previous "knowledge of the facts", or knowing better the story, I mean to enjoy a bit more the ride recognizing characters, scenes, etc.

So my questions are: Is it recommendable to see any Harry Potter movie before the ride? And what movies are most related to the ride (and you recommend to watch)? Or it doesn't matter at all?
Like the person above me mentioned, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire would cover the rides and general atmosphere for the most part. I'd also recommend Prisoner of Azkaban or Order of the Phoenix, but more PoA than OotP since the latter focuses more on plot in the movie and the darker side outside Hogwarts than inside, which is what you'll want to know prior to the park.

______

Has anyone heard rumors of IoA tearing down some of their current workings around the HP Park to make way for new rides? I've been reading around, and apparently there's some paperwork on two new rides they're drafting for the HP Park, but nothing is solid... yet.

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
AliceandAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #965
glocon
DIS Veteran

All I can say is that I hope that rumor is true. But it seems like some of the people on the DIS who are there frequently would have mentioned that....

One can always hope....
Old 03-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #966
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Has the Three Broomsticks breakfast been discontinued? I do not see anything about it online anymore, or as an offering when doing a package at Universal hotel.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #967
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Has the Three Broomsticks breakfast been discontinued? I do not see anything about it online anymore, or as an offering when doing a package at Universal hotel.
It is still there right beside Harry's picture... https://www.universalorlando.com/Vac...-Packages.aspx
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #968
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post
Has anyone heard rumors of IoA tearing down some of their current workings around the HP Park to make way for new rides? I've been reading around, and apparently there's some paperwork on two new rides they're drafting for the HP Park, but nothing is solid... yet.
I think you might be confused about the new rides. There are new HP rides being built at Universal Studios where Jaws used to be. There is also a new HP Express station being build at IOA. Nothing was torn down other than a few small buildings in the Lost Continent.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #969
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
It is still there right beside Harry's picture... https://www.universalorlando.com/Vac...-Packages.aspx
Thank you! I could not find that page! Glad it's still being offered.

Are you able to tack this on to an already existing reservation, or do you have to specifically book it with your package?
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 03-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #970
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Thank you! I could not find that page! Glad it's still being offered.

Are you able to tack this on to an already existing reservation, or do you have to specifically book it with your package?
Are you staying onsite? If so, just go to the concierge and they will make a reservation for you....no special package needed.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #971
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Are you staying onsite? If so, just go to the concierge and they will make a reservation for you....no special package needed.
Yes - that's great to hear. I thought it was possible, pending availability of course, but wasn't finding any solid details!

Thank you again!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #972
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Yes - that's great to hear. I thought it was possible, pending availability of course, but wasn't finding any solid details!

Thank you again!
It isn't something they advertise. Package purchasers get first crack at reservations and then onsite get second crack and regular park goers get last crack. You are only guaranteed a reservation if you purchase a package.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #973
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

So I'm still not clear on this breakfast thing...we will not be staying onsite, but are planning on being there for rope drop (the general rope drop for the great unwashed like us ) Can we walk into the Three Broomsticks and have brekkie? Is it a la carte like lunch?

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa

PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011
coastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #974
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastgirl View Post
So I'm still not clear on this breakfast thing...we will not be staying onsite, but are planning on being there for rope drop (the general rope drop for the great unwashed like us ) Can we walk into the Three Broomsticks and have brekkie? Is it a la carte like lunch?
You may or may not be able to have brekkie depending on whether the restaurant is already booked with reservations. It is the same set up as lunch.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #975
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Thanks Damo. Do you (or anyone else!) know when breakfast service ends?

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa

PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011
coastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: