Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #991
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if IPO would be able to help with specific requests for our ADR's?

For example, for our Ohana reservation, we want to be seated behind the grill, away from the entertainment. Is this something they would be able to help with, or is that something we would just need to handle ourselves once at the restaurant?

Old 03-11-2013, 07:29 AM   #992
cmhand30
Princess & The Lost Boys

YC lounge was left open after 10 pm this weekend. My son was in it from 10pm - 12am working on college paper. They left sodas and jars af snacks out. He really enjoyed it. Bottled what're was available for the asking.
2008 - Jan - YC CL, Oct - ASM, Dec - POP
2009 - Feb-POFQ, April-BWV, May-BC CL, June-DCL Magic, July-GF CL, Aug-BLT, Sep-BLT, Oct-POP, Dec SSR
2010 - Apr/May - POP/SSR, May - HHI/GF CL, July -SSR, Aug- WL CL, Oct-OKW, Dec-Poly CL
2011 - Feb -OKWX2, Mar - CSR, May - SOG, Jul-GFCL, AUG - CBR/ASSR, Oct -DCL Magic/BCR, Dec - WLR
2012 - Jan-POP/ASM, May - BLT/VWL, Aug-OKW
2013 - Mar - YC CL/BCV, July - SSR, Aug - DCL Dream - 2014 - Sep - DCL Magic - Southern Caribbean
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #993
M1Thumb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Bunks can only be requested when staying CL (or when booking a STD view non-CL WL room.) Just email the IPO and they will add your request to your reservation for the room assignor to see. Most who request them at WL seem to get them, especially during non-peak travel times. Good luck!
I had the same question as osugal. This is good to know as I didn't know that the CL staff could assist with room requests.

Does anybody know if it's best to solely call the IPO to re-iterate the request or should I also call the resort/main reservation line, too?

And is this something best sent out well in advance? Or closer to check-in?

Thanks.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #994
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Thumb View Post
I had the same question as osugal. This is good to know as I didn't know that the CL staff could assist with room requests.

Does anybody know if it's best to solely call the IPO to re-iterate the request or should I also call the resort/main reservation line, too?

And is this something best sent out well in advance? Or closer to check-in?

Thanks.
When I make my reservation through the WDTC, I ask them to add my request to the reservation. When I book CL, I email the IPO and ask that they verify that my request is in the reservation. They always reply, "yes, we see your request of......" Sometimes, I might change a request and the IPO will do that as well. They have always been patient in dealing with guests like me who 'need' to make sure their request is in their reservation. The IPO is not the same as the concierge staff who are onsite. The onsite staff will frequently make room assignments.

It doesn't matter how early your request is in your reservation, but you do need to have it added NLT 5 days prior to arrival to assure that the room assignor sees it. Good luck!
Old 03-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #995
mommakacie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydee6
Does anyone know if IPO would be able to help with specific requests for our ADR's?

For example, for our Ohana reservation, we want to be seated behind the grill, away from the entertainment. Is this something they would be able to help with, or is that something we would just need to handle ourselves once at the restaurant?
I've never heard of anyone being able to make any seating requests for adr's.

10/04 - All Star Music, 04/06 - Pop Century
06/08 - All Star Movies, 12/10 - POFQ
02/12 - POR, 04/13 - BC
Old 03-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #996
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakacie View Post
I've never heard of anyone being able to make any seating requests for adr's.
Thanks, I had a feeling that seating requests were unlikely, appreciate the feedback!

Old 03-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #997
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennab View Post
Ok thanks. Thinking about doing CL next year. Probably either Poly or YC. DH tends to wake up in the middle of the night and sometimes likes to wander around and grab a soda.
I must have posted this quite a few times already, but remember, you are also perfectly able to grab items like soda, yogurt, or snack foods BEFORE ten pm and stow them in your fridge. Guests also get nightly candies on your pillow, which vary by resort (Most common are chocolates or taffy). I myself sometimes have a late night balcony snack.

If you get DDP, it includes a refillable mug. The mug stations are open 24hours. (You just have to obtain it while the QS place is open.)

I think GF is just about the only Disney resort with a 24hour QS. (CSR might also have a grab and go area that's open all nitgh or very late). The Dolphin also has a place open 24 hours (and the Swan might have a kind of grab an go open 24 hours) If you were to stay at any deluxe over that way, it would not be too far of a walk.

Also adding tothe confusion- the BC lounge was remodeled recently. A few years ago, it was pretty strict in closing between serving hours. I had a short stay this past summer, but I forgot to notice closely. I think they no longer close during the day between food offerings.

AKL is another resort where the lounge does not close at night.

In addition to the soda cooler, most CL's also leave a fruit basket out all night. Most have fruits like (delicious variety) apples, Sunkist-type navel oranges, and bananas. The bananas are the first to go. GF also offers pears. So nothing too exciting, but even late, you can usuallly find an orange or an apple.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #998
trishadono
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=mickeyluv'r;47774206]I must have posted this quite a few times already, but remember, you are also perfectly able to grab items like soda, yogurt, or snack foods BEFORE ten pm and stow them in your fridge. Guests also get nightly candies on your pillow, which vary by resort (Most common are chocolates or taffy). I myself sometimes have a late night balcony snack.

Dd17 loved to keep scones in the room for late night when we stayed at GF. I like a snack at night on my balcony too! Probably one one my favorite disney things to do. That and morning coffee on balcony
Old 03-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #999
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Tikiman has pictures of the new Club at the Poly on his FB page. It looks great. The seats look so comfortable and the new paint color makes it look bigger. I cant wait to see it for myself in September.

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-AOA,BLT,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 03-13-2013, 09:30 AM   #1000
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydee6 View Post

When you check in at 'Ohana, just mention where you'd like to sit and they usually will try to accommodate you (it might make your wait a smidge longer though).
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Old 03-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #1001
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

I know that the Poly CL has been closed the last few months, but can someone who stayed there before the closer tell me if they still had the Longboard Lager in the club fridge at night?

Thanks

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-AOA,BLT,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 03-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #1002
scanne
OK, I must have really small ears
It is great to get exposure
Might get a tutorial from a student

Location: NJ but I wish I lived somewhere in Florida like Cinderella's Castle!

Very pleased with Old Faithful Club staff! Sent an email the other with a room request (which they put in but cannot promise) but more importantly, my DD is on a gluten free diet and I asked if they could accommodate her needs. They will be providing GF bagels, donuts and other items for her throughout our stay. So pleased and cannot wait to go back to WL OFC!
1/92 CBR;12/96 ASMu; 6/98 CSR; 6/00 GF; 4/01 Disneyland; 6/01 Polynesian; 12/01 AK and GF; 8/03 WL; 2/04 ASMu; 10/04 WL; 7/05 Polynesian; 10/05 WL; 7/06 WL; 9/06 GF; 7/07 POP and Polynesian; 12/07 WL; 8/08 Beach Club; 6/09 Beach Club; 7/10 Portofino Bay and Polynesian; 8/11 Royal Pacific and WL; 10/11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge for MNSSHP; 7 and 8/12 Split stay at POR (Royal Guest Room) and Wilderness Lodge again ; 8/13 WL OFC!; 11/13 - Disneyland Paradise Pier; 2/2014 Wilderness Lodge/RunDisney!; 8/2014 Hard Rock Hotel/Beach Club - Stone Harbor Club/Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf for my 40th Birthday!

Old 03-15-2013, 02:11 AM   #1003
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Hi all

We're booked for our first ever AKL Club Level stay, through DVC. My check-in date is 12/1, but I am officially on a DCL cruise as of 6/1. I have a few questions since I really want to get some ADRs in right at my booking window:

(1) What is the email address for AKL Club? The one on the first page looks funky . . .

(2) Can I email them now? Or is it too early? I'd hate for them to "lose" my requested ADRs if I emailed them too early.

(3) We're moving from our Club level room to a regular studio at AKL after 3 nights. Will the concierge make ADRs for me for the 2nd half of my stay?

(4) Do I need to reserve the Sunrise/Sunset safari in June...do those sell out? If they make these reservations for me, do I provide a CC ahead of time via email?

(5) We will want to do Character meals---when do I provide my CC for these ADRs?

(6) Do I need to link my DVC reservation number on the My Disney Experience site for the concierge to find my reservation? Sort of confused about the 2 systems and whether they'll be able to see my booking.

(7) My DD has food allergies. Will the AKL club accommodate her allergies in some of the food offerings? At least chocolate soy milk? Plain bread (she's allergic to egg/milk/nuts)? Plain bagels?

(8) I know this is general--but what other kind of services does the concierge do? Any special tips? We're celebrating my birthday, but otherwise not much else.

(9) Is there a kid-friendly area in the AKL Club lounge (like little chairs, little tv, etc)?

(10) Do they make reservations for the barbershop? My DD always gets her hair cut there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post
AKL is another resort where the lounge does not close at night.
This is awesome. But what does it mean? Can I get beverages at all hours of the night (we're from the West Coast, so we're up til 2am). Can we get snacks? Are there things laid out late at night too even after the night offerings?

I just want to make sure I do everything correctly, since we're on a cruise for a week and actually will be out of the country at the 180-day mark so missing our ADR booking window for December would suck

Super excited about our stay!!!

Last edited by lilpooh108; 03-15-2013 at 02:40 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:35 AM   #1004
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
I know that the Poly CL has been closed the last few months, but can someone who stayed there before the closer tell me if they still had the Longboard Lager in the club fridge at night?

Thanks
I'll be there for my first CL at Poly 4/5-4/8. I'll try to remember to look for you.
Anything else?
Trish
Old 03-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #1005
jdd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
I'll be there for my first CL at Poly 4/5-4/8. I'll try to remember to look for you.
Anything else?
Trish
A report on everything would be nice . But really, I would love to hear about your stay - I just booked yesterday for 5 nights in August, and I'm so excited Have a wonderful trip
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-CBR, Aug2015-PolyCL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: