Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is your favourite name for the cruise?
The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014 44 52.38%
From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014 11 13.10%
Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014 12 14.29%
WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure 13 15.48%
We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA) 4 4.76%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 11:31 PM   #1606
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by katypop View Post

Have you read these Woody? Would you recommend them?
Absolutely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakamalua View Post
. . . I have read them. They both feature characters from 'Shadow of the Wind' but are not really sequels or prequels in the traditional sense. I enjoyed them both but my favorite is still 'Shadow'--oh, if only I could spend a day in the Cemetery of Forgotten Books!
While my favorite is 'Shadow of the Wind,' I thoroughly enjoyed the other two books as well, which again focus on the Sempere family. The three books make a very, very enjoyable read. I particularly enjoyed the references to places we visited/will visit in Barcelona. These books really bring the history of Barcelona to life, and on our visits to Barcelona, the buildings, streets and places have a new meaning.

Woody
Old 03-11-2013, 11:42 PM   #1607
CNDDisneyMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post
Hello Everyone!

I am also on this cruise! My name is Nicole, I'll be 28 at time of sailing- gosh that sounds so far away, being that I am only 26 at the moment! I'll be sailing with my dad Michael. Our awesome TA snagged us one of the sideways 11B cabins on deck 6 on opening day, which we are really excited about.

I am so shocked to see how active this thread is already! I hadn't even thought of checking in on this since we are focused on our 7/13/13 12-Night Med cruise on the Magic this summer, which is a ton of planning and excitement- but I saw this thread at the top of the main page today and thought, let me check it out, and I couldn't believe how busy it was! I sure have a lot of reading to catch up on. I am really glad that it looks like everyone is super organized and into super planning like me. I loved how on my WBPC cruise on the Wonder in 2011, we had people pre-organizing Tshirt logos, lanyards, wristbands, pins, meets and more. It really added to the enjoyment of the trip. Surprisingly our 12 night Med cruise this summer is fairly quiet for a "special" cruise (one of only 2 going to Greece/Turkey). But, on that one we'll be so busy with port intensive European touring so its all good. I'll definitely look forward to all the extra DIS stuff though on this TA. I still can't believe how cheap I booked this cruise for, and for 14 nights! Its almost unreal. Even with airfare, its such a steal and so exciting to hit so many new ports.

Well I'm off for now, and will slowly but surely try to start catching up over the next few weeks in between planning for my other cruise! I already sent PM's/emails to those listed on page 1 for the stuff we want to sign up for so far.

We are on the other Greece/Turkey cruise in June I have to agree that this is a much busier thread with a lot more stuff planned for the ship which I love and do understand that there are a lot of ports on the Med cruise. I am trying to keep up with this thread because. planned activities are filling up fast and we are more than a year out. I sent an email to be added to the FE list a week ago. How often is the list updated? I just want to make sure my email was received.
DL Dec 2011 Grand Californian
DCL Wonder Dec 2011 7 Night Mexican Riviera
WDW Jan 2013 Tree House Villas
DCL Fantasy Jan 2013 7 night Eastern Caribbean

counting the days until:
DCL Magic June 2013 12 night Med with Greece
WDW Jan 2014 TBD?
DCL Magic Sept 2014 14 night Westbound Transatlantic
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 05:00 AM   #1608
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNDDisneyMom

We are on the other Greece/Turkey cruise in June I have to agree that this is a much busier thread with a lot more stuff planned for the ship which I love and do understand that there are a lot of ports on the Med cruise. I am trying to keep up with this thread because. planned activities are filling up fast and we are more than a year out. I sent an email to be added to the FE list a week ago. How often is the list updated? I just want to make sure my email was received.
If you sent an email then you will be on the list
Old 03-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #1609
karentan
my main job for tomorrow is to give cerby a bath, and make a cheesecake

am i right in assuming that as the FE and SM have no theoretical upper limit for participants that they'll be open for sign ups til just before we cruise?
28/8/14-11/9/14 Solo trip @ Celebration suites!! 24/9/13-2/10/13 Solo trip @ ASMo + DDP!! 22/2/13-1/3/13 @ POP!! 19/1/13-26/1/13 2 nights POP, 3 nights POR, 2 nights Poly!! 8/9/12-22/9/12 - 3 nights Edenton NC, 7 nights SSR, 3 nights WL CL and DDP!! 5/5/12-12/5/12 Celebration Suites!! 10/9/11-29/9/11 - Disney Magic WBTA, WDW, Edenton, NC!! 5/6/10-12/6/10 - Barcelona to Dover on Disney Magic repo!! 12/9/09-28/9/09 - SSR, AKV, DDP, MNSSHP, 3 nights Disney Wonder!! 4/11/08-25/11/08 - AKL CL, Disney Wonder, villa!! 11/05 - disney fairy tale wedding and honeymoon!! 11/02 - disneyland, 05/99 - disneyland paris, 7/98 - WDW, 11/92 - WDW, 11/91 - WDW
Old 03-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #1610
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karentan
am i right in assuming that as the FE and SM have no theoretical upper limit for participants that they'll be open for sign ups til just before we cruise?
Karen the FE list will be open until 6-8 weeks before the cruise so no rush to get organised x x x x
Old 03-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #1611
sue l
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonduck View Post
I'm going to be takin suggestions for lanyard colors until Sat. March 16. At that point I will take all suggestions and we will have another poll like we did with the Cruise Name! So keep your suggestions coming if you have any!
Purple gets my vote. My fav color.

[/QUOTE]
Old 03-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #1612
fly4free2
Dis Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by youalleverybody View Post
First of all, I want to say thank you to all of you on this list. It is wonderful to know that I'm not totally nuts for already planning and dreaming about the details of this vacation, that is still over a year away. I am not alone

Secondly, I've looked at flights, and suspect that we may end up on Aer Lingus from Boston. We can use our southwest points to fly to Boston from Kansas City. The schedule for this September has that flight (through Dublin) arriving around 10:00am. For those of you who have done this before, what have you done with your luggage until you check in to the hotel? Do you leave it at the hotel and then go explore? Will we all be too jetlagged to really do anything that day? I'm imagining our family showing up at the hotel and all falling asleep in the lobby until they take pity on us and let us check in.

Just a thought, you can use points from MCI to MDW (Chicago), there is a shuttle to ORD. Then take PIA (Pakistan Airlines) non-stop to BCN. I live in Chicago area and will do that. I used PIA in 2011. They are very good and it's usually cheaper than other airlines. It's maybe worth looking at for you.

6/1/2014 Disney Dream, New Transformed Disney Magic Nov. 1/2013, 2011 WBTA Disney Magic Disney Magic Nov 2011,Western Caribbean 7 nt. Holland American Panama Canal Nov. 2011 10 other crusies--WDW/ 140 times . AKV Jambo House Savannah View// 24 hours with Mickey Leap Day 2/29/12 Contemporary Resort Castle View / Beach Club Resort// AKV Kidani Village Savannah View /Grand Floridian /Wilderness Lodge Villa's /Pop Century

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to Dance In The Rain"
Old 03-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #1613
disdel
Ears? Anyone remember the GEnie boards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul312 View Post
I have created some logo options for you all to choose from (no voting yet)!
They are on my website: http://wbta2014.chevallier.nl/logo.html.
Please keep in mind that the colors can be changed in whatever we want! It's just the basic layout for now..
Thanks, Paul, that's nice work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post
Hello Everyone!

I am also on this cruise! My name is Nicole, I'll be 28 at time of sailing- gosh that sounds so far away, being that I am only 26 at the moment! I'll be sailing with my dad Michael. Our awesome TA snagged us one of the sideways 11B cabins on deck 6 on opening day, which we are really excited about.

- - - - - - - -

Well I'm off for now, and will slowly but surely try to start catching up over the next few weeks in between planning for my other cruise! I already sent PM's/emails to those listed on page 1 for the stuff we want to sign up for so far.
Welcome - quite a few from NJ so far!
MAGIC Western Caribbean 10/06/07 WONDER 11/06/08MAGIC Transatlantic 4/10-24, 2010 WONDER in Alaska 6/28/11 DREAM 11/10/11 MAGIC in NYC 6/15/12 FANTASY New Year's Eve 12/28/13 DREAM 1/12/14 MAGIC WBTA 9/6/14 WONDER 10/01/14 - Completing 4 ships in 1 year

and waaaay too many visits to WDW to list (including midnight for the "millenium" - Y2K, bah), but never enough
Old 03-12-2013, 10:36 AM   #1614
karentan
my main job for tomorrow is to give cerby a bath, and make a cheesecake

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnnieNotHazel View Post
Karen the FE list will be open until 6-8 weeks before the cruise so no rush to get organised x x x x
That's what I thought, just wanted to check though Have pretty much already decided what I'm doing though
Are we having multiple groups again like last time?
28/8/14-11/9/14 Solo trip @ Celebration suites!! 24/9/13-2/10/13 Solo trip @ ASMo + DDP!! 22/2/13-1/3/13 @ POP!! 19/1/13-26/1/13 2 nights POP, 3 nights POR, 2 nights Poly!! 8/9/12-22/9/12 - 3 nights Edenton NC, 7 nights SSR, 3 nights WL CL and DDP!! 5/5/12-12/5/12 Celebration Suites!! 10/9/11-29/9/11 - Disney Magic WBTA, WDW, Edenton, NC!! 5/6/10-12/6/10 - Barcelona to Dover on Disney Magic repo!! 12/9/09-28/9/09 - SSR, AKV, DDP, MNSSHP, 3 nights Disney Wonder!! 4/11/08-25/11/08 - AKL CL, Disney Wonder, villa!! 11/05 - disney fairy tale wedding and honeymoon!! 11/02 - disneyland, 05/99 - disneyland paris, 7/98 - WDW, 11/92 - WDW, 11/91 - WDW
Old 03-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #1615
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karentan

That's what I thought, just wanted to check though Have pretty much already decided what I'm doing though
Are we having multiple groups again like last time?
Yes it'll probably split into groups of 20 or so cabins per group, so when you're ready just drop me an email and if you have an idea of how many you might like to do. No rush though!
Old 03-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #1616
katypop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakamalua View Post
Yes, I have read them. They both feature characters from 'Shadow of the Wind' but are not really sequels or prequels in the traditional sense. I enjoyed them both but my favorite is still 'Shadow'--oh, if only I could spend a day in the Cemetery of Forgotten Books!

Zafon started out writing novels for young adults. I've read one, 'The Prince of Mist;' well written and kinda spooky. It reminded me of the Weeping Angel stories on Doctor Who.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
Absolutely!

While my favorite is 'Shadow of the Wind,' I thoroughly enjoyed the other two books as well, which again focus on the Sempere family. The three books make a very, very enjoyable read. I particularly enjoyed the references to places we visited/will visit in Barcelona. These books really bring the history of Barcelona to life, and on our visits to Barcelona, the buildings, streets and places have a new meaning.

Woody
I'll be taking my Chapters giftcard I received at Christmas to see if I can find these! I loved 'Shadow of the Wind' so much that I did search for other books by the author when I first finished reading it but didn't find any...looks like they hadn't been written yet! Guess I missed the books for young adults as I didn't look in the youth section. I still prefer "real" books so only searched in my local bookstore

Old 03-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #1617
lovingthemouse
You must believe......and then send cold, hard cash!!! ;)
magic is in the heart of the beholder...

Thank you for the suggestion on "Shadow of the Wind." Downloaded it to my Nook. The book reviews on Barnes and Noble were excellent, and it was highly recommended by the majority of the 800+ reviewers, as well as you all!!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #1618
LovingDisneyinCT
Kathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgentrysim View Post
Hey Kathy! I just noticed your message about the tastings. I'm organizing the rum cocktail tasting and the mixology events. I didn't see LovingDisneyinCT on my lists, then I checked on the first page and didn't see your name. I'm not trying to be nosey, just don't want you to miss out if your want to attend these tastings. Did you send me a pm for either of the tastings I'm taking names for?
Deb, I am interested in both of these. I think LovingtheMouse was going to message you back and tell you I am interested in the Rum cocktail tasting and the mixology. I'm in room # 6131 with LovingtheMouse (Caroline).

Thanks!

Kathy
Old 03-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #1619
Dgentrysim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingDisneyinCT View Post
Deb, I am interested in both of these. I think LovingtheMouse was going to message you back and tell you I am interested in the Rum cocktail tasting and the mixology. I'm in room # 6131 with LovingtheMouse (Caroline).

Thanks!

Kathy
Kathy....I've got you down for both! Glad to have you join us for both tastings! Will be lots of fun!

[IMG]
Old 03-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #1620
acourtwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_kraft

Any thought on FE as to i f it is one larger group, or smaller groups?
I prefer smaller groups (20-25) because of the restrictions on luggage. Especially since we can't ship our FE gifts to the port like we can do when sailing out of PC.
Places we've stayed at WDW:Carribean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge, All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music, Cornado Springs, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk Villas, Old Key West, Beach Club Villas, Bay Lake Towers, Fort Wilderness Campground, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings

Other Disney Properties:Hilton Head, Vero Beach, Disneyland Hotel, Disney Cruise Line, Platinum, baby! (including the WBTA 2010 and Hawaii Oct 2012) and Disneyland Paris
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: