Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #16
Tinkerbell2B
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the review! Checking in on Wednesday. Not looking forward to the long walk to the bus stop, but DD insisted we got a LM room! I am sure it will all be worth it!
Old 03-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #17
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

We stayed in a LMR for 3 nights after staying at SSR for 16 nights, we did not find the walk very far at all!!

We have 3 boys aged 7,7,10 plus my mum who uses an ECV half way through our stay my mum wasn't coping with the ECV it scared her when children and people just stopped infront of her or walked out without looking, we decided we would use a manual wheelchair and push her!
I was really worried about our stay at LMR due to all the reviews about the walk to everything from these rooms...... Well I had to laugh the walk was NOTHING at all, by the time you take the beautiful walk though the LK section you see the icons for LM it took like 4 mins at a slow pace????

I'm not sure why we find it to be not that bad, I mean we stayed t AKL Jambo house for 21 nights in 2010 we stayed in the Arusha savanna and let me tell you that WAS miles!!!!! Every night felt like a killer and it was the on going joke for the whole trip that we could eat what we wanted as the walk just from the bus to the room would burn all the calories off! Lol

Me 28,DH 32,DS 10, DS"Twins"8
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #18
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi1313
Is the LM section too girly for a 5yo boy?
We have 3 boys who all was like begging not to stay in the LM section, when they got there they LOVED it!
The pics are of price Eric on the bedroom walls, the room is colourful and the bedcovers generic! The pool is heated to a hot tub temp so the boys loved this,
All in all they would go back and they are 7,7,10 and very boyish boys lol.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #19
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea View Post
We have 3 boys who all was like begging not to stay in the LM section, when they got there they LOVED it!
The pics are of price Eric on the bedroom walls, the room is colourful and the bedcovers generic! The pool is heated to a hot tub temp so the boys loved this,
All in all they would go back and they are 7,7,10 and very boyish boys lol.
That's great to know!
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14DCL Magic May '14 DCL Dream August '14
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #20
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the trip report. I would like to stay at AoA at some point - its the value that interests me the most because of the themeing. The Distance of the LM rooms would bother me also.That's also too bad about the food court not being so great.

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354
FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #21
Pats Dragon
DIS Veteran

I really loved my stay at lm but to me the walk from there (we had the furthest building) was very long. If I were a marathon runner in my 20's I might not have noticed. It is a beautiful resort though. It is not on the menu in the food court but you can order spaghetti and meatballs and they are good. I guess the meatballs come from the sandwich.

šOš WDW every year since 1971 šOš
Pats Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:07 AM   #22
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea View Post
We stayed in a LMR for 3 nights after staying at SSR for 16 nights, we did not find the walk very far at all!!

We have 3 boys aged 7,7,10 plus my mum who uses an ECV half way through our stay my mum wasn't coping with the ECV it scared her when children and people just stopped infront of her or walked out without looking, we decided we would use a manual wheelchair and push her!
I was really worried about our stay at LMR due to all the reviews about the walk to everything from these rooms...... Well I had to laugh the walk was NOTHING at all, by the time you take the beautiful walk though the LK section you see the icons for LM it took like 4 mins at a slow pace????

I'm not sure why we find it to be not that bad, I mean we stayed t AKL Jambo house for 21 nights in 2010 we stayed in the Arusha savanna and let me tell you that WAS miles!!!!! Every night felt like a killer and it was the on going joke for the whole trip that we could eat what we wanted as the walk just from the bus to the room would burn all the calories off! Lol
Well, I'm on an ECV and honestly, I thought it was a HAUL!! I stay at POP, but I have gone across GG bridge several times now to tour the resort at various times. I think it is beautiful resort but that LM section is a haul IMO!
I would have my refillable mug almost drank by the time I got back to my room if I was in bldg 8!!
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:12 AM   #23
TSM
Mouseketeer

We stayed at AoA LM room in Sept and really loved it! We were in building 7 and really didn't think the walk was bad.we were considering POR next trip but keep hearing comments on size of resort and walking distance to bus stop.is the size comparable? Never visited POR.
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #24
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM
We stayed at AoA LM room in Sept and really loved it! We were in building 7 and really didn't think the walk was bad.we were considering POR next trip but keep hearing comments on size of resort and walking distance to bus stop.is the size comparable? Never visited POR.
We was wondering the exact same thing! We actually want to stay at POR next and if the walk is like the LM section then no issue for us as like I said we thought it was fine, I think as long as there is plenty to look at on the way then it's not so bad

Old 03-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #25
SteveandAli511
Earning My Ears

We'll be staying at AoA in a LM for two days in May at the end of our trip (staying 6 nights at Bonnet Creek.) Staying Moderate and Deluxe the last two trips we've missed that in your face Disney theming at the Values and with LM being DW's favorite Disney movie, it was a no-brainer.

We'll be taking our car to the parks (much easier then trying to deal with the often-crowded Value buses), so being able to park close to the LM section is just another benefit.
SteveandAli511 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: